Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

You know what makes me smile?

When my husband says something that just makes my day.

Last night we were out at a short meeting for our small groups at our pastors house. Naturally, Emeline comes with us, and naturally it's hard for me to pay 100% attention to what's going on because I'm chasing said toddler around the house. Trying to keep her from breaking something. Finding lost sippy cups. Trying to keep her from pulling the dogs hair. Etc. You get it.

We come home, put Emeline down for bed. We go into our bedroom and let out a sigh of relief to get into our comfies (our slang for pjs) for the night.

Then he says..."hey babe?"

     "yea?"

"You know what I noticed tonight?"

   "what's that?"

"You are looking so good. Like, I was just watching you tonight thinking how skinny you are."

    "Oh yea?"

"Yea. You're hot."

Then I proceeded to do my you think I'm skinnnnnyyyyyyy, you think I'm sexxxyyyyyyy dance around the room. Because I'm classy like that.

But, seriously--he's such a good encourager. And I love him for that. And when he says things? He means them.

So, that. Made me smile last night.


***

Happy Wednesday.

30 comments:

  1. That is the best! And so encouraging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me giggle, for several reasons :) But mostly because you and D have one of the sweetest relationship ever.

    And helloooooo, you ARE one skinny, hottie momma! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww what a sweet hubs you have!


    and YOU ARE skinny

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's awesome! you DO look great!!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Praise the Lord for great husbands like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the sweetest thing. I love that you did your CLASSY dance. Sometimes lifes just great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awe that's nice! J said the same thing to me recently and I almost peed my pants in excitment! Glad we both have great hubbies to encourage us and make us feel beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet!
    And you do look great!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! So sweet! My hubby told me this morning that he can definitely see that i'm losing weight - said while i was walking around in panties & a bra (getting ready for work!). It was so sweet & totally boosted my confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwwh! That just makes you feel wonderful doesn't it? I have been trying to loss weight for a while, and he always trys to encourage and say things like that once in a while. Just makes you feel like your accomplishing something! Go You!

    xoxo - tiff @ tldetwiler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha I love it! You got yourself a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are the exact words that work from the hubby- they beat any flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok. It must be time to post a pic or your skinny self again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Husband compliments are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look amazing! You def inspired me on my weight loss. 18lbs so far! Its def those little side comments that keep us going, great hubby you got!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How sweet of him! Things like that really can make someone's day whether it be from a husband or for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome!! I agree with Bree (above), your posts are inspiring, as I think we all secretly want to be called hot and do a happy dance :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is soooooo sweet. I love stuff like that. It melts me. MacGyver is great about that stuff.

    I should probably work at being better at it for him . . .

    And I'm going to need to see a vid of that dance, ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aaww-what a sweetie!! Kind words from the hubs are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. B is really good about doling out the "you're hot" compliments too. Love it.

    And you ARE hot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. He is totally right, you are a skinny minnie hot mumma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Like father like son. If he says it he means it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's awesome that you have a supportive husband! You do look awesome and it's good to know that he notices.

    It's the little things that keep you motivated and make you smile :) And when your husband looks at you in that way.. double bonus! glad to hear you are doing good and looking good. *I'm so jealous and ready to have this baby ha!*

    Laura
    laurasblondemoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love it when they know just what to say at just the right moment.

    ReplyDelete
  25. SO SWEET....and those small words do mean so much. Yayy for awesome, encouraging hubbies! And I love the "you think I'm sexxxxyyyy" dance!! Haha!!!

    ReplyDelete