Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The sun'll come out tomorrow.

We're busy around here. You know, busy procrastinating and soaking up some Momma-Emeline time before we leave for our trip tomorrow. I'm sentimental about leaving her, for sure. A little worried I'll miss her of course, but mostly? I'm over the sad-boo hoo part and just plain excited for our trip away.


My shoulders are aching, no lie, in anticipation for our couples massage. A couples massage? I mean, who are we? These things we don't indulge in regularly (or...ever), and so I'm just....excited. I called the hotel, I told them this was sort of like our honeymoon. I mean, it is. Kind of. Just a little bit later than a typical honeymoon. They said they'd fix up our room quite nice.


Oh, and the weather? It looks like we'll be okay. Just your typical potential afternoon thunderstorm. But, again. Really? It'll be fine. There are no hurricanes on the radar, and all my selfish "please God, don't let a hurricane come!" prayers seemed to have done the trick. 

This weekend, however, our family apple-picking event (to cross off the bucket-list) got rained out. I was totally bummed. 


We ended up at the mall and TGI Friday's instead. It was totally lame in comparison to all the fun times we'd have picking apples and getting adorable family photos. Such is life, I suppose.

Anyway. I'm off. Guest posts are scheduled, the house is half-cleaned, mine and Eme's bags are packed (she'll be staying with my parents), and Declan? He hasn't even thought about packing yet. His last-minute ways about that type of thing kill me. Although, here I sit blogging instead of cleaning. Touche, Katie. Touche.

I will, though--while having a great time, be missing this silly face. There's no way around that.


And this one face, too.


See you on the flip side.

38 comments:

  1. Her curls are so cute! Have a wonderful time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a FABULOUS time on your trip!! I've been trying to find a way to go apple picking too, but the hail was bad this summer, which ruined some of the crops nearby. I wanted to try for the mountains, but we're going up there for pumpkins. Oh well. Maybe I'll buy some at a farmers market or something. Close enough, right? :)

    Anyways...
    Have fun! Jealous of that massage, but so happy for yall. Enjoy!

    ps. Eme is so precious. Love all of her little outfits (and the curls!). The girl has style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just have the cutest little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I hope you guys have an amazing trip!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you guys have a great time!! A few days away to focus on each other is good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was holding Kirsten while reading thorough this, when we go to the silly three photos of Emeline she pointed and just starte giggling. Too cute. I know you're going to have the.best.time.ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pics are sooo adorable! Have a wonderful time on your trip. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have SO much fun! Enjoy your massage and your alone time ;) with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS where is that cardigan from skinny minny? Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time! Enjoy your time with your hubby....but I'd lie if I said my stomach wasn't hurting for your---just the anticipation of leaving bambino behind. But she'll be great! And so will you. And you'll return REFRESHED! Have fun!!!! We'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The curls kill me! What a heartbreaker she is!

    Have a great vacation!! I hope you mustered up the courage to rock a bikini because you deserve it after all that HARD work!!

    PS Where is that cardi from? Loving the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thought you already left, you were quite on twitter today.

    Oh gosh, those faces are so funny!

    have a great, realaxing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a super trip! You deserve it Momma!

    The second pic from the top (one above the rain) is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm having serious picture envy after looking at this post! I'm sure it helps to have such an adorable subject. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a GREAT time. Can't wait to hear all about it and see the marvelous warm weather pictures!!!

    I just love those silly faces on your little munchkin!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so adorable!!! Have fun on your trip!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have THE most fantasticest time everrrrr. Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is so cute! And her curls and beautiful eyes! :) Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is adorable and I'm sure she'll miss her momma and daddy but you kids go have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip!I read your blog often but haven't commented.I promise I'm not blog stalking! It's so important to spend that couple time together. My husband and I went on our first "big" trip when our Emma was about 19 months old and while it was hard to leave her...we had the best time ever & she was being spoiled and loved on by her grandparents! The couples massage was amazing!! We still love to look back on our pics! I just love checking in with your blog! It's always a real & refreshing read! Enjoy every minute of your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your blog! Your little girl is so precious! I'm your newest follower. :)
    www.saraandluke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have a great trip! Her curls are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  23. we are so excited about getting Emeline time!! Yipee for us!! Have a good time, we will too!!
    Love,
    Mom Mom and Pop Pop

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love her hair, and her vest, and all of her. :)

    Enjoy your trip and your massage!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Have fun on your trip girlfriend!! I have to admit, I am SO jealous!! Enjoy your massage, lots of fruity drinks, and SLEEPING IN!! Can't wait to hear about it (and live vicariously though your pics!) when you get back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Have a great time! Relax and enjoy! We leave for a getaway to Vegas in a few weeks and our first trip without her. I'll need tips so I don't have a meltdown :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. So jealous! Have a fabulous time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aww she is so cute! I love her silly faces :) Enjoy the trip!!! I'm glad the weather is looking like it's going to cooperate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Have a great time on your trip!!! You will be having so much fun you won't even miss her...too, too much anyways ;) Off to catch up on the rest of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH but the reunion will be GRAND! Hope you're having a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh that face! What a sweetheart!
    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete