Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

The beach feeds our soul.

*If you missed the One Kings Lane deal last week for Erin Condren moolah, have no fear! Zulily is hooking you up today with the same deal of $50 worth of products for only $25. So go. Go now. Sign up & then find the deal on the main page.
***

This past weekend was super-fab. For real, for real. I get so happy, so-so happy when I have a weekend that feels fulfilling, relaxing, and that helps me feel renewed. It's pretty sad but weekends can just be so busy and go-go-go, you don't get much time to just rest.

We had a girls overnight at the beach in honor of my sweet sister, Susan. You see, October 15th was supposed to be her wedding date, but a few months ago plans got called off, and she went through some serious heartbreak. (For the record, she is totally okay with me mentioning this, but you can check out her journey in her words here.) Anyway, we just knew it would be a good idea to make this day into something good, where she was surrounded by some of the girls who adore her & love her, rather than be home and all bummed out. You know?

And honestly? We had a blast. And Susan did, too. There was joy in this weekend. Smiles. Lots of smiles. Laughing. Chatting. Breezy beaches. Shopping. And even some baby cuddling. It was good.

While I know it was a weekend meant to honor Susan, how far she's come this last year, and to surround her with love--I think we all needed this time in so many ways. 

ahhh. Good 'ole girl time (plus a newborn baby boy, which frankly? is totally therapeutic too!)








***

The beach is good for the soul, man. ;)

26 comments:

  1. I am so, so glad that you all did this for Susan. She deserves it. I wish I had a tight-knit group of girls like that. You are such good friends (and the pictures wowed me, btw)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to do for Susan! You girls are the best :) Glad you all had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looked amazing. I'm so glad Susan had such a wonderful time too. I agree with Gina, she totally deserved and is so lucky to have you guys. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a good idea for susan! Such a good idea. Love all the beach pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous pics. I'm so glad you guys were able to do this for her, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pics are fabulous! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. What a great idea to do for her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree the beach is amazing for the soul. I live on an island and being surrounded by beaches is great. No matter what's wrong it's always nice and calming to walk on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just ventured over to your sisters blog & got sucked in reading her "broken" posts, I find myself relating so much with her... but I just wanted to pop back over and say that you guys did a great thing and I'm so glad to hear you had a good time at the beach! It made me think of this quote I saw on Pinterest...

    http://pinterest.com/pin/118466513/

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing photos as always! great pics of you ladies..your sis looks happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You all are so lucky to have one another, its just like having an automatic best friend! What a wonderful trip..and beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing day! (and the photos, WOW!) Susan is lucky to have such a great group of sisters and girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so wonderful you guys were able to make it in to a day of fun memories!! I love your pics. The red TOMS are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sisters are the best! Kudos to you for being so supportive and making the day special for her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just lovely. Glad you and the girls could be there for Susan. She's a strong woman, but even stronger with the support of loved ones like you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was SOOOOOO fun! Glad you got the pictures you did!! I just adore that first picture of us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time glad you were able to make it a great day for your sweet sister after all!!! Love the pic of you, Sue and Lyryn

    ReplyDelete
  17. My friends and sisters did the same thing for me 2 years ago on my "supposed to be wedding day" and it made me able to get through the day. Looks like you all had a great time!! Pictures are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. the beach looks just heavenly...

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was such a sweet thing y'all did for Susan. I'm a bit envious of what a sweet group of friends you have :) Also.. while not the point of this trip, I thought of you on Saturday. I hope that being surrounded by your girls made it just a bit easier for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome pictures! Looks like you had a great weekend!!!
    And once again, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the AH-Mazing blog makeover!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am thrilled you did this for your sister. What a great way to help make something potentially hurtful, joyful. And, yes, the beach? GOOD FOR THE SOUL. I'm reminded of that every time I'm there. Thank God we're in the Navy. I'm always close:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this post. The beach is totally therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so glad you girls were able to get together. How awesome.

    And yes, the beach is THE best place (IMHO) to rev up the soul!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Totally inspiring Katie. Susan has a great sister in you. The beach is the best place for therapy. = )

    ReplyDelete