The thing is? I still hate running. There is nothing enjoyable yet about it. I like how I feel afterwards, but that's about it. During it? I feel like stabbing myself in the eye. Also, My sister took me on my first two miler earlier this week, and she had to encourage me the entire time, because I literally complained non-stop. I'm a whiny runner.
2. I was encouraged by my friend, Hailey this week to attempt carving holes in the tops of my cute little pumpkins and use them as little votives. I had been wanting to do this forever, and for some reason, I just didn't. But after seeing hers, I knew I could do it. And now? These are my favorite
and only Fall decoration.
3. I've attempted making Emeline's halloween costume all week and it sucks. It's horrible. Also, some of the key elements needed to make what I was attempting to make her (see how I'm trying not to give it away?) didn't even COME IN YET. Shipping fail. So? Screwed. See also: making halloween costumes costs just as much money if not more.
So, you'll find me at the stores this weekend scrounging through costumes trying to find something for my toddler girl to wear. Yep, I'll be That Crazy Lady. Sigh.
4. I stepped foot into WalMart this week (I know. The horror.) and found a grapevine wreath for $3.50. I snatched it up, got a little .94 cent bundle of fake leaves, and then a box of $5.00 "whicker spheres" (I really just want to call them twine BALLS), and I whipped this sucker up in a few minutes when I got home.
It's not bad. Not awesome. Some old fabric criss crossed on one side, a hot glue gun, the balls, and the leaves. A fall'ish wreath, yea?
5. I cannot believe I didn't have the chance to write about this yet, but on Tuesday I got to meet Desiree of Hitting My Stride. I love her! And I've been reading her blog for a while. All through her days of trying to having a baby, and then through her pregnancy. Me & Emeline had the privilege of meeting her sweet little lady, Sofia, too. Or as Eme said, "Baby! Uh-Oh, Baby?"
See, Desiree's moving here. From Texas. Talk about a huge move. So? The bonus is, I get a blog friend-turned-in-real-life-friend out of the deal. And it was fun meeting up and showing her some of the prime shopping locations around here. There's nothing that can bring two women together like their love for shopping. Especially for their baby girls.
So, it was awesome. And she is awesome. And I love how we were able to just connect right away. She's such a wonderful momma.
6. This weekend we actually have a semi-free weekend, and thank the Lord, we could use it. That had nothing to do with my week, but it must be said.
Happy Weekend, friends.