Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Slow down everyone you're moving too fast.

We have Snow. In October. Yesterday, the news said that the last time there was significant snowfall around here in October was in 1979. And 2011 just trumped that. Go figure. It's beautiful actually. And because it was so unexpected, I find myself enjoying it more than I ever would before, oddly. Snow just slows us down.

Anyway. We have our daddio home with us today, and Emeline? Girlfriend is.in.heaven. It's so funny because when he's home, she won't let him leave her sight. That girl is so in love with her dada. She wants to sit on his lap during breakfast. And snuggle with him while they watch football. And have him carry her into the store. And follow him up the steps and into the bathroom. I LOVE IT.

Totally love it.

It melts my heart. 

I just love that she knows that weekends are special when daddy is home, and that she clings to that--even as a kid, wanting to soak up all the time he's home. I find it sweet. And really kind of adorable that even her little self recognizes that. 

So that's just what we're doing today. Soaking it up. Slowing down. Making mickey mouse pancakes. Snuggling under warm blankets. Making chocolate chip cookies from scratch. Watching football. Sipping hot chocolate. Lighting our pumpkin candle.  Taking it easy. 

Our plans to clean the garage, organize the closets, consolidate our crap, and do do do...well that? That got put on the back-burner. And totally I'm okay with that. 

The snow slowed us a down a bit, and I'm enjoying this day.


***

15 comments:

  1. Your day really sounds amazing to me.
    And I love your daughter's relationship with her daddy. Sweetest thing ever. I hope my girl can have that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still am in awe of how much snow you actually are getting. We are watching the Penn State game and the student section is throw snowballs! How funny is it we both have our hubbys home today? I am so so enjoying this and I will be sad when it ends.

    Enjoy the rest of today! It's still early! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a little like our Saturday...only we don't have snow (thank goodness)

    Love your new blog makeover, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful; to really enjoy things people must slow down, or else years pass and they look back and wonder where all the time went.

    enjoy the weekend with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. They're so cute together!

    Enjoy the snow! I LOVE unexpected fresh snow. So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to slow down isn't it...
    And I know your not diggin' the snow but I'd LOVE cold weather right about now!

    Stay warm!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not all about the snow, but it did make us slow down and relax today ourselves. I've barely gotten off the couch all day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love weekends like that. I really miss rainy weekends (let alone snowy ones - lucky...) We just moved to San Diego a few months ago and it's sunshine sunshine sunshine. It's nice and all but a girl needs a good lazy weekend once and awhile. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. still can't believe how much snow you got too! i was telling some friends, they honestly didn't believe me!

    I love lazy, family weekends. It's so easy to get caught up in the "to-do" list, but having relaxing ones are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe it either! We were watching the games too tonight and saw it. Crazy! Have fun with your slow weekend. Sounds perfect to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still cant believe you guys had snow! So crazy!! Looks like a perfect little day. Glad you guys enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SNOW?? WHAT???

    And don't you just the love the unexpected random moments where you realize how awesome being a parent truly is?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so crazy! It never snows here to that blows my mind! Glad you all had a relaxing day together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. While this is the cutest post ever, I am NOT pleased that there is snow on the ground in October. :-)

    ReplyDelete