Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Things.

-I'm feeling super creative today as you can tell by the title of this post. Not.

-I stayed up way too late last night watching Kim's FairyTale Wedding on E! and I cried like a baby multiple times throughout it. I'm such a huge sap since having a kid. Everything makes me cry.

-Emeline went to bed last night at 6:45pm. She has switched to one nap a day and I'm not a huge fan of it. She is e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d by dinner time, and a grump-face. But she will not, for the life of her, take two naps anymore. 

-Speaking of bedtime--last night Eme got particularly attached to her new $4 frog spout cover thingy I picked up at Walmart. I mean, she got weirdly attached to it. Was giving the thing kisses and hugs, and had removed it from the bath spout. She refused to let it out of her grip and screamed if I took it away. And some things just are not worth fighting with demanding toddlers. She won. Guess who got lots of snuggles last night?

Emeline 1. Mommy 0. Froggy? Hit the jackpot. Toddlers are so weird.

-We attempted to go apple picking on Sunday, but all the odds are against us apparently because they "shut down" the apple picking about five minutes before we got there. SERIOUSLY. So, anyway--we got to "apple pick" from the market. It was totally not real apple picking. And other than a few cute pictures, the only fantastic thing about it was the hot apple cider donuts that came home with us.





-I wish that someone would follow me around with a camera catching precious moments between me and my daughter. Why am I always the one with the camera? It's both good and bad, I guess. Hmph.

-I signed up for a 5K in November. I'm scared. I don't run. I have very crappy endurance and I think running a mile straight is kind of...well, hard. But, I signed up anyway. I feel like I have to do this for myself before we even think about me getting pregnant again. I think if I do something like this it'll make me feel really accomplished. And now that I wrote it out here for the world to see, I feel I can't back down. I started into Couch to 5K on Week 4 yesterday and it was no problem for me. So, hopefully in about 6 weeks I'll be somewhat prepared to do this. Yes? I hope.

-Did I mention that one nap sucks? 'Cuz it does. But one nap is better than no nap I presume.

-Oh, and PS: There's a deal on One King's Lane today for $50 worth of Erin Condren products for only $25! Such a good deal. Just go to the site, log in (or sign up real fast) and then search for today's deals. You're welcome :)

***

That's all I got. 

Happy Tuesday!

24 comments:

  1. way to go girl! get your running shoes on! That's awesome! I was having a fat day last week and I got up and ran too. I am NOT a runner! But it felt good. You can do it.

    As far as the 1 nap goes...it gets easier. And that 1 nap will get longer...I promise. WEAR HER OUT in the morning and it'll be worth it. E takes a nap from 12-2:30 most days at school and makes it till 8:00 bedtime. That first few weeks was rough, but now its routine.

    hey- at least she'll nap in her crib. E likes to nap WITH someone when we're at home. Little stinker. But it's ok...I don't mind a 2 1\2 hr nap on the couch on a Saturday or Sunday!

    happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the 5K! You'll do great!

    And i keep hearing about hot apple cider donuts. I've never had one and feel like I am missing out big time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll do great on the 5k. You will be surprised how quick you build your endurance. I hated to run, HATED it more then anything, but once I saw the results you get from running I fell in love with it. I decided to run a 1/2 marathon last May and trained for 12 weeks. You will feel amazing when you finish! It is a great feeling crossing the finish line. The best part about training and finishing a race is it's YOUR time! It is something you are doing for yourself and it's peace and quiet. I had 2 hrs of nobody yelling "mommy can you get this or do this for me" Good luck, you will do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!!! Good, I'm not the only one that watched Kim's wedding and cried! Lol!!! And... I would be happy to follow you around and take pictures, just invite us next time you go! I would be happy to take family pic's of you too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is the only downfall of being such a good photographer... you're always the one behind the camera!

    Good for you, starting running! I think you'll surprise yourself at how quickly you get hooked. Once you start building up endurance and working towards a goal, it really is addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! Good luck on your 5k!! If you stick with the plan, you'll make it no problem, but don't beat yourself up for missing a day or two.. it happens! Just keep it up! I look forward to hearing in the future how your training is going and how you do! :) Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really excited that you signed up for the 5K :) Even if we don't run it together, I still feel like we're doing it "together" since I'm weird like that. You & Susan have just been such a big help for me during my WW journey so it really feels fitting that the 3 of us are doing the same 5K! Go us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you on deciding on the 5k. I have no doubt you'll do great. You didn't get where you are without strength, so I know you can do it!

    The nap thing will work itself out. I went back and forth on whether or not Connor was ready bc it was such a bad adjustment period. It took him awhile.

    And her cuddling with the frog is hilarious. And adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, the one nap thing will get better eventually. It makes outings during the day easier... less stressing over getting home in time for nap #1, then nap #2. Yesterday, N slept from 11:30 to 2:45. Seriously. As much as I love my boy, it was like vacation. lol. So yeah, hang in there. You'll find your groove again.

    And can I just say how much I adore E's front two teeth?? SO CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww....who closes the apple picking! Not fair!! At least you still got to enjoy some yummy donuts! That picture of Eme and Declan is so adorable! Love daddies and their daughters! :)

    Good luck on your training! I've always wanted to tackle the C25K program!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can do it! I started the couch to 5K in June and ran my 3rd 5K on Saturday. I'm not very fast, but I'm proud of myself that I can actually do it. I only run 3 days a week because I'm afraid I'll hurt myself (I hop on the elliptical to fill in gaps) and give my body time to recover. I also FINALLY went to a real running store and bought good shoes. I highly recommend good shoes!

    The transition from 2 naps to one is a toughy, but it will get better. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. good for you for doing a 5k! Its such a great feeling when you corss the finish line the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One nap a day DOES suck at first, but in time, she'll get used to it and be less grumpy in the evening. You, in turn, will end up LOVING one nap because you'll have more time during the day to do things. Hang in there!

    Too cute about the bath thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You'll do great with your 5K...get it girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1st of all, love that photo with her and her daddy. so sweet!
    2ndly my youngest just turned 17months and we moved to one nap a day too, and it does SUCK!!
    evenings are rough, but it does get better soon...I hope ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of these days I'm going to get up the nerve to sign up for a 5K...maybe. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooohhh! Good luck with that running thing. I despise running. I'd rather KILL myself in crazy aerobic classes then run on a treadmill. Although, once I did a 15k...and I'm actually thinking about doing it again {if I'm not pregnant}.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes I wish I had a hubby who followed me around with a camera! Every one and a while he will grab it and snap away, but it's rare.

    And she went this long with 2 naps? wow, that's pretty good. She'll adjust pretty quick though...

    That 5K's gonna be a snap for you. trust me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Apple cider donuts!? Seriously!? Those sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know! I'm always afraid that my kids will look back at all their baby pictures and be all, Wow, Mom, did you EVER hold us?
    I should have married a photographer! Hindsight...

    Love the frog obsession!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You'll do great! I did the Couch to 5K after having Mia and it was a perfect pace to get me ready! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The pictures are still fabulous despite the fact that the expeirence wasn't what you hoped. If you get a rush on your passport, we still have apples :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You can do the 5K! I am doing one tomorrow! I had the same opition as you, when my bf asked me to do a half marthon with her. I actually brust out laughing at the mear thought. "I can't even run a mile and you want me to do what?" Well needless to say I am not doing the half marathon- she is crazy! But I am doing the 5K. The first time we ran, I thought I may loss the contents of my stomache all over the pavement- thanksfully I didn't, but sure felt like it. Even the few times after I thought I may die. Now I look forward to my runs. I feel so much better when I do it, and it has given me something to be proud of myself for sticking with it (and somethings it is solely for me)- as well as the complements from the man of the house and to keep it up don't hurt either. Although I will never be a "runner", I plan to keep it up. Once you get into it you will love it! Best of Luck and you go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So jealous that you have an apple orchard. It wasn't until I started reading blogs that I realized those really existed. According to my boyfriend, I've been deprived all these years... no apple orchard or pumpkin patches! Our pumpkin patches consist of a church parking lot filled with hay & pumpkins. :-)

    & I'm glad Eme is attached to the frog. My sister's youngest was attached to her dirty diapers for a while there. Could be worse. Haha. :-)

    ReplyDelete