Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

18 Months Old



Dear Emeline,

You are 18 months old today. 
One and a half years old. I know, I know---I cannot believe it. Time has flown by. Although I've stopped writing you monthly letters, I just kind of feel like this is a milestone I should document. It's that last peak before you are officially not a baby anymore. And you are so stinkin' cute. 

You have an infectious joy about you. You smile at everyone. You say hi to anyone who will meet eyes with you. You even greet our spanish speaking friends with "Hola!" You wave & dance & twirl like no other. You love people. So much. That was one of our prayers for you, and your Daddy and I laugh about how much it came true. That is a gift, Emeline. Truly.

You are so silly. You love to point at your belly. You know the names of body parts, and will point to them on command (ears, eyes, toes, feet, hands, cheeks, etc). You know animal sounds and your favorite book is the one with pictures of 100 animals. You love books, especially ones with Elmo. You totally love Dora. You find Dora every where. You cry when the show ends. In tears you come up to me and say "Uh Oh, where dora go?" It's actually really pathetic, sad, but oh so cute. You have one pair of pj's with a non in-your-face Dora character on them, and you KISS the shirt. You love Dora that much.

Speaking of which. You have exploded in the words/phrases category this month. Like, holy cow. You are putting words together, making mini-sentences and all. I understand most of what you're saying now, and it makes me happy that you can communicate with me your needs. When your hands get dirty, you say, "I dirty", and when you want to be clean, you say, "All Kean!" You say so many adorable things. You even copy my not-so-cute phrases, like "Oh Geez" and "Oh Shoot".  Your momma has some work to do in that department.

You love taking walks with me. But you want to walk. You want nothing to do with that stroller nonsense. It makes going to the mall/Target/shopping kind of hard these days. You hate being strapped down and into anything. You are a free spirit. 

You love your milk. But you are still a picky eater. Some days we get a decent amount of food in you, and other days feel like a big, fat fail. But, I just remember that you are a healthy little lady, and I thank God for vitamin supplements on those days.You are getting better. I just tell myself that this too shall pass. Like everything else, I guess.

You love your swim lessons. You love the playground. You go down the big kid slides all by yourself and act like you need no help at all. I still can't believe you do all that stuff alone already. You love visiting the farm and seeing the animals. You also love to visit your Daddy at work and know exactly where to find him in that big building. You know what the Chick-Fil-A building looks like and when we go near it you say "Cheek-In!"  and "nummy!" (yummy). It's both pathetic and cute. And a sure sign we eat there too much.

You seem to be getting tall. You can reach all the drawers now and get into much more than you ever did before. I believe you weigh about 23lbs and you're in mostly 12-18 month clothing. You're a size 3.5-4 shoe, and a size 4 dipe. You're petite, but perfect in every way.

One point five years with you has been awesome. You are a delight. Exhausting (it's true). A ray of sunshine. A joy. And my silly little sidekick. I enjoy you so much, sweet girl. You are so, so loved.

Happy 18 months.

Love, 

Momma


                           

26 comments:

  1. Such a big girl, and what a sweet stage!

    Those owl pajamas are awesome--absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 18 Months baby girl!!! I just love those PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toooo precious! Happy birthday sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is gorgeous! Happy 18 months! Our little girls are growing up too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww she's certainly melt my heart every time i see pictures of her, so adorable girl. Happy Birthday little princess

    ReplyDelete
  6. This letter warms my heart. I can't wait to be a Mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like THE best age. When they're little anyway. ;)

    We call it "the age of maximum cuteness" at our house, and she certainly fits the bill. Happy 18 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet and she is so adorable!!! That 18 month mark is something so special in and of itself. I love the pj's :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 1.5 to Emeline! I saw this and couldn't believe it's been six months since she turned 1!! Why does time fly by so quickly?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww she is so adorable! Happy 18 months!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 18 months....time sure does fly! I love her PJs! Where did you find them??

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a confession. This post makes me simultaneously so excited for the 18 month mark and a little scared because ohmahgah she is so.grown.up and G is my last baby wahhhhhhhhhhhhh......

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous girl! Reading about her makes me excited for that age, but still I hope it comes slowly. It sounds like you're raising such a smart and loving girl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww... happy 1.5 Eme! :)
    ps. love those pj's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww!! Happy 18 Months Eme!!! She's adorable! And I love those jammies!! AND-I have to say, I absolutely LOVE your new blog look!! It's so cute, and Love the pics of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 18 months! What a sweet post for your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy half birthday emeline!! also, those pj's are super fly...and we could totally be twinsies in them. just saying =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww my baby is getting so big! Miss you so much! Give her lots of hugs and kisses for me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved this letter. It definitely made me tear up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You sure do have a sweetie pie! ...pretty awesome jammies she has, we love owls around these parts too.

    Happy 18 months! Let the fun times begin.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is there anywhere I can get those pajamas in big girl size? And by 'big girl' I totally mean adult.

    ReplyDelete