Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Cannot.Believe.

I can't believe....

...that my 5k is this weekend. I am so very excited, and so very nervous. And so very thankful I'm doing this. And so very---surprised. I just brushed running off....it's not my thing. But maybe it is more than I think. So, I'm doing it. 

I can't believe that my mailman has already delivered a box of Shutterfly Christmas Cards to my door. I mean, how can I already have my cards? Am I really that on top of things? This seems impossible.

I can't believe how much junk you acquire over the years. Holy cow. We spent the better part of yesterday going through our garage, the spare bedroom, and closets. It's ridiculous how much stuff we have. Stuff is so stupid. Maybe if I had a place to put it, but not in this house.

I can't believe that my family will be home on Wednesday from Romania! This past week went a lot faster than I thought it would, but I miss them and I'm ready for them to come home.

I can't believe that I broke my own cardinal rule of NO christmas music before Thanksgiving. I don't know what's gotten into me, but once my husband got me Justin Bieber's album, I just had to listen to it. And I give it a two thumbs up. But, I mean, are you surprised?

I can't believe that we spent our Friday night driving well over an hour away to pick up a new baby monitor from the only Babies-r-Us that had what we wanted in stock. Declan and I both laughed & shook our heads at the things we'll do for these little humans. Gotta love 'em.

I can't believe that I tried my first ever peppermint mocha from Starbucks and was kind of disappointed. I'll stick with my soy chai from now on. I'm never happy when I change it up. But, dang, I really wanted to love it. 

I can't believe that this little 18 month pistol-of-a-toddler is mine. Gah. She is so cute. And I know she's my kid and all but there were like a million times this weekend I'd look at her and think, Omigoshh how did you get so big? And? You're so stinking adorable.


I can't believe that it's Monday already. The horror.

Try your best to have a happy one!

16 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on the listening to Xmas songs.. that's the thing I miss the most about the U.S... Christmas is SO MUCH BETTER THERE! OMG! it's just hard to even explain.
    I've been listening to it since a few days ago too and it makes my eyes teary...
    Your baby is the most adorable little girl ever!.. she will always be one of my favorite little persons in this world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting about your 5k! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    We did some cleaning out this weekend too and I always get SO annoyed by the stuff we accumulate. Its a constant battle. And I agree... Stuff is stupid.

    And I also agree about the adorableness! Eme is supa cute! I had many moments like the ones you described too this weekend about my girls. We sure are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous you have your cards already, I haven't even taken pictures to use for my cards yet haha.

    Those pictures are adorable, I love her little pigtails :)

    Good luck this weekend with the 5k!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! You will do great this weekend! Congrats on making it this far! I've been listening to Christmas music too, nick just laughs at me. I'm loving Michael buble's Christmas cd right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thankful that we have a small house because we can't keep jumk around. Which will make this move in a few weeks that much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to bust out the Christmas music on Saturday but Evan quickly put a stop to it. Oh well, he doesn't have to know what I'm listeing to when he's not around :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, Eme looks adorable with pigtails. Second, I'm so proud of you for embracing running. And last, I can't believe you have your Christmas cards already! Way to make the rest of us look bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love me some peppermint, but not the peppermint mochas so much--they are just TOO...something. A peppermint latte though? YES PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is just so precious! You are really on top of your things with the cards, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear ya - I own SO MUCH junk, but just can't bear to part with most of it. Hopefully when I find a new apartment I can fit it all with me.
    She is so stinking adorable. I feel like that every time I look at my daughter. I can't believe I created a human.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're going to do awesome this weekend! Just breath and thank God for your healthy legs and body.

    That girl of yours is crazy cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sad you didn't like the peppermint mocha, but I understand. I don't do well with switching flavors either and I'm a peppermint mocha fan ha. And yes, your little girl is freakin adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was disappointed to find that I don't like peppermint mochas either.

    I need to get on the ball with our christmas cards...oh, it stresses me out just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not a fan of the peppermint mocha either. WAY too sweet for me. Now the Eggnogg latte? That's a whole other (dangerously good) story!

    I'm curious what monitor you bought. Will it sing my baby back to sleep at 3am?? Cause I'd drive to the moon and back for that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. good luck on your 5k and great job sticking with it!!
    I thought you might like this and I am not sure if you already know but jog.fm (here is a link explaining it better-
    http://www.realsimple.com/work-life/life-strategies/problem-solving-products-00100000067423/page7.html)
    and you punch in how much you are running and it creates a playlist the length of your run and how long it takes you! Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wait till after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas but I can't not listen to the holiday music....i love it too much.

    ReplyDelete