Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday Pondering, barf buckets & anyone want in on my book exchange?

I have so many things swirling around in my brain right now, you guys. So many.

It's been way too long since I've written anything of substantial element. There's so many things to write about, but how do I choose? I feel like it will just all come out as word vomit, no matter how hard I try. So here it goes.

-Why are holiday weekends always so amazingly glorious, only to be ripped right out of your hands so fast? It's like, you blink and it's Monday morning, as if that wonderful, awesome, fun-filled weekend was just a tiny little blip in this thing called life. Dramatic much? I think not.

-I have my Winter Bucket List printable almost done for you, but my hubby is helping me out by tweaking it a bit. I've seen other bucket lists out there on Pinterest already, but I've gotten a few emails this week and tweets asking about me offering it/wondering when it will be coming. So--if you already have one? No big deal. But I'll be offering you one sometime this week I hope. So check back.

a sneak peek:

-The house is all decorated for Christmas, and for some reason, this year? It was NO big deal. Last year I remember hating it. I literally despised every pine needle that fell from our fake tree, and all the decor, and all the clean up, and the boxes, oh the boxes. But this year it was just easy, and quick. And the house looks all twinkly and sparkly. And hearing my toddler say "Pretty Tee" (pretty tree) is so.damn.cute. Surprisingly enough? She isn't really messing with the tree. Cross your fingers.


-Declan and I ventured out for Black Friday (which is a whole post in and of itself) with a goal of getting the vacuum we wanted. Yep. We've reached our pinnacle "We're Old" moment. Going out for a friggin' vacuum. But whatever. My mom & dad kept Emeline overnight, so we spent a few hours sitting in the cold, drinking coffee, under a blanket, wrapped around the side of the local Target. And then we got in there, and you better believe we got ourselves our most-wanted Dyson....for $150 off plus my 5% red card discount. Oh yea, buddy. And? It was worth it. We were out of there by 12:13am. 

-My sweet girl got her first stomach bug this weekend, and honest to goodness, it was so sad. She sat on the couch next to me watching Elf with her little barf bucket. Thankfully, it was short lived, because within about six hours she seemed good as new again. 


-The rest of the weekend she just seemed like such a big girl to me, I couldn't even stand it. Yes, I'm enamored by this child on a daily basis. I can't help it. 

-Lastly, I got suckered invited to participate in a children's book exchange. I'm sure a ton of you have heard of it by now, but basically, you send one book, mail out the information to six of your friends, and then your child should receive 36 books free. If it works out? It's amazing. So, I need SIX people who are willing to participate (which means purchasing & sending one book, but with hopes of receiving a ton back for your kid). If you want to? Let me know in the comments & leave your email. Ok? It should be fun. I hope. If it works, you know. ;) ***I got all 6 participants. Thank you!!

Okay. So, there you have it. A bunch of word vomit. 

Happy Monday, friends.


20 comments:

  1. A freakin' Dyson for that cheap!? Girl I am dying! GAH why didn't I black Friday shop? We need a new vacuum like yesterday! Totes jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want in on the book exchange :) Lexi loves loves loves books!! Glad little love is feeling better- poor girl!
    vincent.danielle@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the book exchange is a wonderful idea for the kids! My kids love books and mail so it's the perfect combination. janelleh@wiktel.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, my hubs has started WW for men and is using your before and after pics for inspiration :) ... And second, count me in for the book exchange! Takeoffwithkatie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your Dyson! I'll do the book exchange with you! mythoughtsuninterrupted@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the book exchange is awesome!
    michelejoyrn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, can I just comment on how your cute your blog header and what nots are. Always fantastic!! So love your creativity.
    Second, I'm jealous of your MAJOR Dyson bargain. That is awesome. I dream of one, but I'm pretty sure the hubs would pass out if I asked for something of that dollar amount.
    Third, I'm in on the book exchange, just email me and let me know what I need to do. I keep seeing them and think it would be fun for Mia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book exchange sounds fun! mckinsab@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog through Motley Mama :)

    Anyway, I too went out on Black Friday to Target to get my hubby a 3DS. Yes, he's such a big kid :P I hate Black Friday but the price was just too good to pass up...

    Also, what is this Pinterest thing? I keep seeing it everywhere and it looks really awesome but I'm not really sure what it is. Is it like a virtual scrapbook? I'm so out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your house looks great. And I'm slightly jealous of Eme staying with your parents and you and Declan having a night/shopping day all to yourselves. I need that...soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job on the dyson. I love my dyson and so will you!! I love your book idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to do the book exchange! jennahoward08@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor little E. :( Glad it was short lived.
    The house looks great! So far, N isn't interested either. Hope it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to do the book exchange if there is still room. schmidt.margaret@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your house looks very pretty. Glad to know your sweet girl is feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait for the winter bucket list because I printed off the fall bucket list and had sooooo much fun with it! Looking forward to our next adventures and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. As soon as you said you were getting the vacuum, I just knew it was the Dyson at Target. I'm so glad you got it, and I hope you blog about it's awesomeness, because it totally deserves it. I really, REALLY wanted to get one too, but my husband convinced me that I shouldn't with having, oh, only 15 feet of carpet. HA!

    Also, my little man had a stomach bug this weekend too. Unfortunately, I was his barf bucket (as in his instinct was to run to me and bury his head in my chest just as it happened. Lovely, I know.), which caused me to contract it the next night. Glad you have avoided it and she is all better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S. I just reread your birth story because I got sent home from the hospital this afternoon because i wasnt dilating or anything. I cried & felt like a loser. But... Maybe I'll have her tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm on the treadmill with my iPad right now just walking & waiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your Christmas decorations! I don't have a fireplace so I'm always wondering where I should put stockings. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete