Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday blurbs.

My friend Jess writes in blurb style all the time on her blog. It's like her signature thing. Well, I'm ripping off her today.

----

Emeline is getting sick. I think it's just some sort of cold, but I'm hoping it doesn't linger forever like those colds tend to do. I hate snot, and coughs, and sleepless nights. And she has this nasal'y raspy voice going on. Not that this is a big deal, but. Boo. Just a taste of wintertime sickness I guess.

However, we have Hand, Food & Mouth disease going around this area right now, passing through the kids like wildfire. So, it could be worse. And also? We'll be avoiding the Chick-fil-A playland for the next 6 months. Germ hole.

--

My husband came home from the store last night and plopped the Justin Bieber Under The Mistletoe CD right in front of me. He claims it was because he wanted to checkout back in electronics at WalMart since the other lines were unreasonable, and he needed an excuse. But, I beg to differ. HE LOVES ME! And I was all smitten by the act, because, yes. I've wanted it. 

And yes, we buy CD's every once in a while, still. Is that so year 2000? We buy them, put on our computers, iTunes, etc--and then I put the CD in my car since I'm not cool enough to have an auxiliary plug.

--

My family (my sister, Susan, my parents, my Pastor, and some friends) are all leaving this afternoon for Romania for two weeks. I hate when they leave, but I love hearing their stories when they return. God always does big, big things.  My sister blogged about it this week, and asked for some specific prayer requests. Any pray'ers out there willing to cover my family in prayer? I would so much appreciate it. Here's her post

--

On that note, two weeks without my sister is like TORTURE to me. Pure forms of torture. She's my seester, and I love her so. I wonder how productive I'll be in the next two weeks? 

--

Speaking of which, I just feel behind. On life. In all areas. My mission this week is to catch up. Heck, maybe even more than catch up--maybe even get ahead? I honestly don't even know where to start, but starting is key. My closet is filled with baskets of clean laundry that need putting away. I have a toilet that's being a butt (ha) and needs a plumber. A house that needs some TLC. Work that I need to get ahead on. Church stuff that needs done. Writing. Projects I need to finish. Organizing. A garage that is a mess. A MESS. Oh, I'm getting a headache thinking about it.

--

I had a terrible, terrible run the other night. I mean, so bad. It was completely dumb of me to even attempt running after what I'd eaten that night (pizza & beer). But I knew that Sunday I'd have no time to run. So I only ran 1.2 miles (on the treadmill), and then stopped, feeling like I was going to DIE. My stomach. Blargh. And then I promptly called my sister, sobbing, because I felt like a failure. Isn't each run supposed to get increasingly better? I'm not supposed to regress. Then she (and some of you ladies on Twitter) assured me that we all have bad runs every now & then--and it'll be better next time. 

Today, when my husband gets home from work--I am going on a run. Outdoors. And I'm going to kick this run's tush. Yes, I am. (This is me trying to be positive.)

--

Yesterday, I returned the favor to my sister-in-law, Lyryn and her adorable family, and took their family photos. I am so pleased with how they turned out. I'll show you a few, but then you can feel free to pop over and check out the whole Flickr set if you want. 




Beautiful family, yea? [See more here.]

So this week, I'm also taking some photos for my brother and sister-in-law and their adorable family. I hope they turn out alright, too. 

---

Alright Monday--time to get to it. 

24 comments:

  1. Good luck getting ahead this week. Seriously I'm in the same boat. I found this really cool weekly/daily chore list on Pinterest that I'm enforcing this week, hopefully it helps in that department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos turned out beautiful! Good job.

    And I'm feeling ya on trying to get ahead. I have a baby coming ANY day now (I hope), and I have a minor break down every time I think about how much I still have to do. We'll get there- you and me both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are amazing, as always! And I'm behind on life too. Very, very behind. Does the fact that I still have 12 months clothes in Mia's closet make you feel any better. Her closet is very, very scary right now. On the winter project list just like the other 104 things. Good luck getting ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH man, pizza and beer will definitely do it... even if you sleep it off, the next morning's run is pretty much torture. I try to save the drinks for the night before my "off" days, so I dont struggle so much haha. But yes, we all have those... and they are frequent, so good luck managing that! You'll kick some butt today though, im sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how those photos turned out! Great job!

    Also, I'm totally behind on life too! ARG.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude i think the treadmill just sucks.

    i was so proud of myself around week 7 of c25k because i was doing .awesome. but then it started getting dark out quickly after work so i went to the gym for two days and used the treadmill. omg i thought i was dying! i was so SLOW and it HURT! i was so frustrated and let down. that weekend i ran outside again and it was FINE! i ran farther and faster than i did on the treadmill.

    i've decided to quit the treadmill. i got a reflective running vest and just go when it is dark out, just to be outside and on the road. i bet you will feel SO MUCH better today outside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be praying for your family! Definitely :) I will add them to my prayer list! I LOVE the pictures! You are a Photographer not a photographer!!! You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. keeping your family in my prayers.
    Awesome pictures katie!!! Can't wait to see your brothers pictures :)
    have a great run tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the pictures. Gorgeous. It's so nice when you have at least one kid willing to look at the camera when you ask them to. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1)You are such a talented photographer...seriously, I can't get over it. You never cease to amaze me!

    2) I always read my blogs in Reader and never see the actual blog but I just adore that header...so cute. Again, so talented!

    3) Praying for your sweet family! I know you'll be missing your sis like crazy...I'll be thinking about you, too :) You can make it!

    4) Your running is such an encouragement to me...keep up the tweets, because when I have no energy to get up and do it, I read a tweet from you and it makes me wanna get up and actually do something. You're fabulous.

    5) Okay, now if you promise Bieber's CD is worth the buy, I'm gonna buy it. I trust you. We shall see :)

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, your people are going to Romania!! hey, that's my country! so cool to see bloggers coming here. i hope they'll get to do the great things they plan. off i go to read susan's post.
    omg, this is sooo cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally understand feeling behind on life. I'm just so lucky I don't have much I'm expected to do. I love the photos. I'd like to get some done with me and my girl. But I think that means I'd have to get dressed and leave the house. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos lady! Hope your little pumpkin is feeling better too!

    Oh, and I totally want the Justin Beiber Christmas album too. I'm not going to lie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did an amazing job on your photos!! I love your blog!

    Tiffani
    Thoughts from Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. I stole your blurb idea today :) BUT I mentioned you in my blog and linked to your blog!!

    Tiffani
    Thoughts from Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh HFM! Stay away! :) We are dealing with the healing of it this week but man it wasn't fun! At least it should be a one-time deal, but if you can avoid--yes, by all means!

    Love your running dedication. Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok...this is going to sound super cheesy, but lately when I feel behind I remember this sign that used to hang in my Girl Scout Troop Leaders house:

    "Cleaning the house while the children are still growing is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing"

    As cheesy as it is, it's SOOOO true. I remember when I would clean the house and it actually stayed clean. Now I turn around and it's a mess before I can even finish. I wave the white flag until my kids go to college. LOL! Or at the very least are old enough to help out!

    And finally, before this becomes the longest comment ever. LOVE the family pictures! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ummm, I bought that CD for myself last week. And I have an aux jack in my car, but I so badly just wanted that CD in my hands. And? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't even remember the last time I bought a CD but I may need to check out this Christmas one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sometimes blurbs are necessary. Brain dump, per se.

    The pics are gorgeous...you are seriously talented.

    And oh my GOSH I get being behind. I am so behind. I cannot even describe how overwhelmed I feel this week. We can keep each other company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE this one!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovesoflife/6320532339/in/set-72157628074103364/

    ReplyDelete
  22. What do you think of the CD? I've only listened to Little Drummer Boy so far and I think it's pretty funky!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow - great photos! You are very talented! :)

    ReplyDelete