Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

(more) Confessions.

'Cuz they're good for the soul. Er. Sanity.

...The other night my girl took a dive, head first, right off of the ottoman and bit it hardcore into the carpet. Face first. Horribleness. I wasn't close enough to be able to catch her. It came so fast. It shocked the pants off of me. I felt like the world's worst mom in that instant. And after scooping her up and checking out her face for blood (there was none), I thought all was fine. She was in good spirits after a short cry. Well, the next morning (yesterday), she woke up with the worlds worst case of rug burn, ALL OVER HER FACE. And what resembles a black eye. I felt even worse.

Even though I swore I wouldn't, we ended up going out to run errands yesterday. But I admit I was totally worried people would think what on earth did that mother do to her child? I feared for the judgy eyes. And? I'm worried about taking her to swim class this morning for fear of the same thing. There, I said it.

...I drank a half a glass of wine and a beer the other night, and yea--I woke up feeling like I was hit by a truck the next morning. I had a headache that I'd like to attribute to, you know, that time of the month raising a toddler, but sadly, I think it was the drinks. And I cannot believe my tolerance is that low. I mean, really, Katie?

....I got inspired by Chelsey's post yesterday about the pinecone garland, and then got the itch to make it happen over here. I went to JoAnn's (after stopping at Chick-fil-a of course*) and got two bags of cinnamon scented pinecones and went to town making my garland for the bay window. I hung them and all.

When Declan got home from work he was all, yea it's cute babe, but, the house smells like cinnamon and that's totally a Christmas decoration. And then I was all, No, babe, it's a winter decoration. And then he was like, Um, winter starts on December 22nd. And I just shook my head like WHAT-EVER, because I love my pinecone garland and my cinnamon-smelly house, thankyouverymuch.


....*I eat too much chick-fil-a. Okay? I admit it. Too much. And there will be no more details than that. At least I don't drink their 2 million calorie milkshakes.

....Speaking of which, I took an entire week off from running, unintentionally. But, basically I pulled out my back last week. I knew I needed to take it easy and get myself better before jumping back into it. So yesterday I did my first run in a week and was nervous I'd suck-but it wasn't too bad.

....I officially stopped Weight Watchers, and canceled my membership and all. To be honest, I haven't calculated a single point for over a month. This last month was a test to see if I could maintain my weight just based off of what I know, and watching portions, etc. And? I did it. My weight has stayed the same. It's been good, Weight Watchers, but I don't mind seeing you go.

....I think my baby girl is destined to be a singer. Or a gymnast. Or a swimmer. Or a vet. Or, whatever. Yea, I'm that mom. But this girl can LA-LA like it's nobodies business.



She's a bundle of sweetness, that girl.

....what are you confessing?


***

24 comments:

  1. awe I love her "la la la", so cute! Looks like she's trying to snap her fingers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Great video. And I love the "winter" decoration - I'm not that crafty, but I love to admire other people's crafts :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds oh so horrible of her falling off the ottoman and waking up with a black eye and rug burn. I would feel horrible :(
    Im the same way as you I guess. Absolutely no tolerance to alcohol what so ever. :(

    xo
    Samantha

    betterblondesam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great job on the pine cone garland! I need to make something like that for our house! I'm totally with you though- cinnamon and pine cones- totally fall/winter appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grayson tripped over the dog 2 weeks ago and hit the concrete on our porch...he had a busted lip. I was also afraid of the judgies!

    That's so great that you maintained for a month! I just joined a few days ago. Any tips on finding WW recipes/food ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That video is so cute. My Ellie started talking to the TV, I think she wants to be friends with Emeline :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My confession is that I am totally stealing your idea and making that garland for MY bay window. Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the garland! ive been dying to make one- but i also wanted to incorporate big red ribbon bows! all these ideas in my head- never quite evolve. HA! yours looks great! and i want my house to smell all cinnamon-y and delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the pine cone garland... I saw that on Chelsey's blog too and I may just have to try it out.

    PS- It's not too early for Christmas decorations!! Bob's only rule is that I MUST wait til after Halloween. Although I secretly listened to Pandora's Christmas Classic station at my desk for the past 2 weeks, it is now time to start decorating. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS- Perhaps a Chick-fil-a date is in order? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. LOVE the garland!!
    2. Chick-fil-A ROCKS!!!
    3. U go with ur mastery wt watchin self :))
    4. Seriously could she be any cuter...and she sings!!! I let Noah watch the video and I should have taped his reaction, he was smitten :D
    5. I am signing Noah and I up for swim lesson for the end of November, sooo psyched!! What kinda swimsuit do u wear to the lessons??
    And lastly, now I wanna do a confessional :))) U always inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I eat too much Chick-fil-A too, but I love it and it makes me happy.

    My husband would have reacted the same way. He's anti-anything Christmas-y or winter-y too early. Lowes has them as soon as you walk in the door and I love it! Made me tempted to make something right at the front door, maybe fill one of my tall glass vases with them and ornaments??

    Major rambler today...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jamie likes to sing too. I don't think I have the next American Idol on my hands though...he seems to be as tone deaf as his mama!

    I love the pine cones! Though I may have to agree with your husband, I don't do Christmas until Thanksgiving is over. I'm beginning to think I'm the only one left.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Declan loses. Decoration stays.

    I'd love to hear our kiddos singing together :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. In my opinion, there's no better smell in a house than cinnamon, especially during the fall/winter. And congrats to you for being done with weight watchers and maintaining on your own!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. calling it now: she's going to be the next selena gomez :)

    I kinda liked hearing Declan's voice! I mean, i've heard yours and Eme's :)

    congrats with being done with ww :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. IM glad to know we are not the only ones that love Chick-fil-A. I mean Morgan knows where we are going as soon as we pull up and starts saying bock-bock (for chicken). Sad but better than some other fast food places.

    I love the pinecones might just have to do that-thanks for the idea

    Big congrats on being done with WW-great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those pinecones have fanned the flame for a run to Hobby Lobby for Christmas decorations. Oh darn.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry about her little fall, glad she's okay. These things happen, it's okay.

    I can smell the pine cones from here...

    And how sweet are those little "Hi"s in the video?!?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Poor baby!! I hate going around in public if one of my girls has a noticeable bruise, too. And I WILL be making a pinecone garland now - that thing in seriously awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, that little tiny voice....melting my heart.."Lalala..HI!' :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE the pinecone idea, i think it looks great. and her singing is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi there,
    I'm a new reader of your blog so I apologize if you have mentioned this previously. I absolutely LOVE the 'faith', 'hope', 'love' words - WHERE did you find them?
    Looking forward to reading more...
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete