Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Moments

This month I haven't picked up my camera all that much. Which is....weird for me. Really weird, actually. It's normally at an arms length of me at all times. I'm just so much afraid of missing moments.

I broke out the 'ole camera for Thanksgiving, of course. When I got home and uploaded my photos, I realized two things. 1.) I took a freaking ton of pictures (uh. duh. What's new?) and 2.) They were mostly of moments. Little, sweet moments. Not staged pictures. No real family shots of anyone. Just moments.

And honestly? I kind of liked it that way. While I won't have a family picture to compare for years to come or whatever, the really sweet moments that were had this Thanksgiving are more memorable anyway. Because they're genuine. In the moment. And truly remind me of just how wonderful this Thanksgiving was.


***

And with that....the holiday's have begun.

Happy Saturday!

18 comments:

  1. Those are always my favourite pictures. The ones where you catch people simply... being. Beautiful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, all of the pictures are amazing as always... but the pictures of you & Eme and of her walking the pup? ADORABLE. Seriously love them! Glad you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candids shots to me are more beautiful and better cherished than the staged ones anyday :)

    Gorgeous pictures girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the pic of Eme walking Mac! OMG i am totally getting a pic of Finny walking Reese! That is the most precious pic with her big girl coat and ballet flats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious! LOVE the one of Eme walking the dog! TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moments are the best. This weekend, my camera was just passed around. SO many photos that I may have missed but was captured by others. Lots of candids, posed, moments. I can't wait to process and upload them.

    Happy Holidays!

    anywhere-is.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our photographed 'moments' never turn out looking so beautiful :p
    That photo of E walking the dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree those candid shots are the BEST!! And you know I am trying to actually NOT carry my camera as much b/c I am so involved in taking pics that I don't enjoy myself! But oh how I love taking pics and capturing memories, maybe I will have to set myself a limit of like 20 minutes of picture taking at events then fun time, HA! Happy Thanksgiving to y'all! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the picture of Emeline walking the little dog. How adorable! She is just so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emeline looks so grown up walking the dog! It's adorable.
    That is how Thanksgiving should be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the one with Eme walking the dog? so cute. oh and theres a picture of your cutie of a brother (not the married one with kids, I don't roll that way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, all these moments you've captured just melt my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pictures speak for themselves. I loved the ones with the grandparents. Such beautiful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the moments you captured! What a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The pic of Eme and the baby is so precious! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those pictures made my heart melt a little. So adorable and I'm with you. I prefer these types of pictures versus the staged. They're always better :)

    ReplyDelete