Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Who said the pretty peacocks were only male?

I mean, come on. I had this conversation with Declan yesterday. It's totally not fair that the peacocks with the amazing feathers are male. I mean--come on already. Why the ladies get shafted like that? Huh?

But then it got us into a conversation that was like, a little less than G-rated I shall say, and well--you know how that goes. But basically, the men need a little somethin' somethin' extra if you know what I'm saying. 

BOOM.

Ahem. anyway.

My girl HATED her pig costume with a passion, you guys. I mean, you saw the evidence yesterday. She adored the tutu I had made earlier last week in hopes to make her into the prettiest peacock ever. But then? The feathers didn't come in time. The crucial peacock feathers. But then, THEY DID. They showed up in my sisters mailbox on Saturday and I was convinced it was too late to finish her costume. Hence, pig costume. 

But then, yesterday morning, Eme's pointing at her tutu and begging to wear it. I put it on her, and she's all swirling and twirling around the living room, with this sheer look of glee and love for her tutu. And I think, WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING. This girl NEEDS to wear this costume. It makes her happy. And the pig costume? Miserable.

And so I got my ish together, called my sister, had her bring me the feathers, and used only materials I had at my house at that time to make this happen. I refused to spend any more money on this god-forsaken costume. And, well---it didn't even take me that long, and I finished it. She was so, so, so much happier in this thing, and I think she makes a freaking adorable peacock.

And now? Picture overload.



When else have you seen a peacock taking a fire-dog for a walk? I mean, come onnnnn.


This is how our attempt at a family picture turned out. Because a dose of reality is good for the blog. She wanted nothing to do with the camera, and everything to do with running free. She's a free spirit, this girl.




*****

It took a little work, but I'm glad my lady could prance around in her tutu like a happy little toddler last night. It made the few hours of being a crafty-crazy-person worth it.

38 comments:

  1. Great job on the costume! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did a great job on the costume- and you are right- she loved that thing! She's adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great costume! And I love the family photo - it is hysterical (and very real).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet costume! And that family photo is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, ADORABLE!!!! Trina has got to read this post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute!!! That costume is awesome! Share some of your craftiness skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's adorable!!

    And, I love that she was in love with the tutu. Does my ballerina-loving heart good, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty little peacock!! She looks so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the costume came out really cute, and I'm glad Kaylee isn't the only one who starts crying after too many pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. cutest little peacock I've ever seen!!!!!!!! Love the feathers and the tutu! SOOOOO CREATIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new header ;)

    And the halloween costume was adorable!! You are soo talented to throw it together soo quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love her costume! You did a great job with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Katie! I LOVE her costume!!! She is the cutest (girl) peacock I have ever seen!! You did a fabulous job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A peacock and a fire dog. I die of cuteness. You did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute costume! Great job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job Katie on pulling that off! She looks adorable and you can really tell she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great costume! And all the pics are great but the one of her with the fire dog it THE best!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Her costume is SO adorable. She looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg, I saw this on FB last night and about died from the cuteness. She's so adorable. What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is the prettiest peacock I've seen!

    Funny about your conversation because my husband and I had the same conversation several months ago after visiting a farm with several peacocks. Not fair the boys get to be the 'pretty' ones. ;)

    Love all your new family photos. Gorgeous family.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those pictures are beautiful! You did an amazing job on the costume. She was absolutely adorable. I love it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The costume turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cutest darn peacock I've ever seen:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such an adorable little peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Her outfit turned out SO cute! The cutest peacock I've ever seen!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  26. great costume Katie! E looks so cute & happy as a peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sometimes a girl has just gotta be in her tutu! That's precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great job on her costume. It's adorable!! Hopefully my creative juices will start flowing by next year when we can take our baby girl trick or treating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. You did good! She's the prettiest peacock ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. That costume is too cute for words! Oh my word. She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  31. such a cute costume! So excited to see what she'll be next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love her costume. She was a beautiful peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cutest peacock ever! I'm sorry I haven't commented in a while but I still love your blog and I'm so appreciative of all the prayers for our family you have sent up.

    ps- looove the pic of you and Declan holding your little peacock while she is either laughing or crying :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love love the peacock costume....looks like she had fun! Way to go momma!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW!!! Great job mama! Her costume was adorable!! I wish I had the talent for that! Just wanted to say that I am a "newer" follower and I looovvvee your blog! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Katie, you are the cutest mommy and I enjoy your blog so much. Thanks for being you.

    Happy November to you!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  37. It look fabulous, what a good mama you are :)

    ReplyDelete