Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

The anatomy of a fantastic morning.

This morning I heard chattering in the crib at about 7:45am. Thanks to my handy, dandy video monitor I can spy on my kid to see what the heck she's doing up so early. Yes. I consider this early in my house. To me, at least. My husband is up at 5:45am. Me? Not so much. You know how I feel about mornings. You know, because I can read her mind through the monitor. No big deal.

Anyway. She's up. Chatting. Singing "La la la la la". Practicing her sprints by running back and forth in her crib from end to end repeatedly. Sticking her face up in the video monitor (aka: creeeepy). Pulling her socks off. Why I put her in socks at night to begin with? I don't know. Mom guilt or something. I'm afraid that without footie pj's her feet will get cold. But if she's anything like me, socks in bed are NOT allowed. 

So I see her flinging her socks around her crib. 

Seeing that she's still happy and having fun I decide to check my phone for a few things. You know. I'll pull up facebook, or twitter, or instagram. See what really important *eye-roll* things happened overnight. 

Check monitor again. Still see her playing. Not a single whine/cry has been muttered.

But I decide she is fully awake now. So I will get up, pee, and then go get her. Which is probably one of my favorite little mom-job's ever. I love opening the door to see her face light up like it's Christmas every time. I know one day she'll be all Mommmmm leave me alone, I don't want to take the bus today so I treasure these moments where she thinks I'm a rockstar.

However, by the time I'm done peeing, the monitor is quiet. Silence. And my little girl is out cold. Again.

Did that really just happen?  Blink. Blink. I stare at the screen.

Yep. She's asleep.

How is it possible that something so small, you know, like my kid falling back to sleep after being what I thought was very awake for the morning, make me feel like I won the lottery? I mean. Don't get me wrong. I adore this child to the moon and back. But I am currently blogging and drinking my coffee while staring at her little booty up in the air sleeping. Still sleeping.

....at 9:10am.


This? This is a mom win. And this is the way to start your day off right.

Hollaaaa.

It's the little things.

34 comments:

  1. What a treat! Your morning sounded just like mine, right up until the still sleeping at 9 part:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. so jealous!! late in our house is ummm 730! :( booo for early risers but cute ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My five month old is still blissfully passed out, now if I can get her four and a half year old brother to do the same, we'd have a great morning!

    Enjoy your quiet morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the best mornings! We are too much alike in the a.m. ;)

    I love the simplicity of your new layout. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another jealous follower here! Sleeping in is 7:30am for us and our daughter NEVER goes back to sleep. She's still cute as a button though and makes it up to me by welcoming me with a huge smile and giggles when I come to get her ready for the day. Yay for happy risers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE those mornings. they are simply golden around here. few and far between, but when they happen? you best know im savoring every single second of toddler free morning coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOOOOOLLAAAAA is right! Mine is up at 6:15 nearly every morning. Lovely, I know. We like to make the most of our days! WINK WINK! Enjoy those free minutes! HAPPY FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally consider this the best thing ever! A little extra me time is always amazing, especially when it's unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always let her go in hopes of her just falling back asleep...works, maybe, 25% of the time? I have more success at nap time.

    And holy CRAP! If Kate slept until 7:45, I'd be worried about her - we are hardcore early risers up in here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot tell you how jealous I am!

    On the weekends, I would KILL for a 7:45 wake up call. If it were 9am, i would think something was wrong with him!

    (During the week, I am up at 5:30, he is up at 6:30).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ethan does this from time to time and I LOVE it. Those are the best mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! It does sound like you won the lottery! That is how I would feel if Noah did that :))) for serious!! And I smile everytime I hear you say that about the socks b/c we are TOTAL opposites on that one, hehehe!! And might I add I am a bit jealous b/c Noah decided NOT to sleep at all lastnight, ugggg!!! Enjoy your sweet morning sweet girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic way to start a Friday!! On the other hand, I hit snooze 3 times, got our bed taken over by the dog, and was in the shower by 6:30. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just need to say that the Hollaaaa at the end made me laugh out loud... enjoy your fabulous morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. good for you to enjoy it! I'm such a worrier I'd be all "oh crap will she nap?? Will our day be off" This is a nice reminder to STOP OVERTHINKING and accept the gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally get that! :) Theodore used to go back to sleep after his 7:15 nursing session. That was ah-may-zing! I would get So.Much.Done! Now? he gets up at 7:15 even if I just nursed him at 6:30. However, today he must like me, because he is napping. WooHoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are one blessed lady! Enjoy that time to yourself. One of my best times are drinking AM coffee while doing devotionals. Something about the quite in the AM is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am soooo jealous right now. I am up at 5:00am during the week while my hubby and child sleep soundly.

    Enjoy your morning!!! Holla!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't think I have to tell you how jealous I am of this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Friday is right! Hope you enjoyed your "me" time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. sounds like a lot of my mornings, which when that happens it's fantastic! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mom win indeed! I love when that happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This just makes me wish I'd had one of those kind of monitors with my kids.

    Mom win FOR SURE!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's an AMAZING morning!!!!! Isn't it so nice to blog in peace and quiet rather than up/down/up/please stay out of the dog water/down/up/let's get something to eat/down/if I turn on your favorite show will you give me 20 minutes? Deal. Blog. Hit publish. Up....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Probably not a comment you thought you'd get on this post, but: I have those same coffee mugs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow lucky you. We're having quite the opposite kind of day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was talking to my husband about your blog and said "She's like the upgraded version of me". Seriously, I read your blog and we're pretty much twins, minus the whole awesome weight loss, and that you actually keep up with your blogging, and that you use your camera like I planned to.. lol. Anyways, just wanted to say Hey!Great job on everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. how gorgeous! how nice is it when you think you're up, and then its silent? Bliss. I used to be exactly like you. 7:45 was way too early. Then Kinder came along where they actually expect you to be there and, like, dressed and READY before 9 am. Then comes school AND kinder both with the same drop off of 9 am and now i actually ENJOY getting up earlier than the troupes and check my email, drink my coffee in peace and still and quiet. Never in my worst nightmares did i think i would enjoy being up before everyone else. Go figure. Motherhood does some wacky shit to the brain.

    ReplyDelete
  29. glad to know I'm not the only one that (after turning off the alarm) checks twitter/fb/IG first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  30. definitely a mom win. I dream of the day that Morgan would sleep until 9 am. Please tell her that she needs to pass that on to Morgan.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is awesome....hope you enjoyed your morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. How DO you do it? I cannot get our little booger to sleep through the night anymore, let alone sleep past 6:30 am!

    ReplyDelete