Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

An Emeline Update of sorts.

We're creeping up here on my little girl being 19 months old. You know what that means? It means I now am well on the downward slope of having a two year old. A TWO YEAR OLD

This little girl is hysterical. And so witty at her young age. And holy cow, she is just funny. I adore her if you can't tell.

-She loves to dance. She likes to spin now, too. But more than that? She will put on a this serious and dramatic "face" when she dances to a slower song, or something more moody. For instance, the other night we were watching Glee. She was sitting on the couch with us, and every time they broke out into a song, she would get down from the couch and start breaking out in some liturgical dance moves to match the song. It was hysterical. It's safe to say I paid no attention to the episode and mainly to my child. 

-I get unprompted hugs all day long from her, but here's the catch. They are ALWAYS when I am standing. She loves to squeeze my legs and give me a good "leg huggie" as we call it. If you ask her to give you a hug? Almost always she will say in the sweetest little pixie voice, "No." Flat out. She will tell you no. However, if you ask her to give any child/dog/baby/pet a hug? SHE WILL CHASE THEM DOWN for a proper hug. 

Example A: Her younger cousin, Ian.

-She insists on ridiculous things like holding not one, but two crackers in her hands at one time while she is 'snacking'. We're trying to work on this. But duuuude, she gets upset. She likes having one cracker on backup and I can't say I blame her.

-She's putting words together like whoa. She tries to attempt her own sentences and often they come out sounding very stutter'ish. I asked the pediatrician about this the other day and she said she believes it's not really a problem, but more so that she is ahead, in the fact that she's attempting to put words together to make sentences. So her brain is firing all these things to say, and sometimes it gets stuck. For instance, she'll say, "I g-g-g-get down", when she is attempting on her own. But when I have her repeat me, she will say it without stuttering on some letters. Weird? Maybe. But either way, she's communicating with us, lots, and I love it.

-She's a little parrot. The other day she tripped on the bathroom rug and yelled, "Oh shoot!" and, uhh...yea...I guess it could be worse. But, still. No idea where she got that one. *whistles*

-She is turning into a little girl and losing her baby'ness every day. While I'm a little sad about it, my god is this child just stunning. I know, I know, I'm her momma, and I'm bias--but geez. She is so pretty. 


-The other day thanks to my little linked-within thingy below my blog posts, I came across a post I wrote when I was umpteen thousand weeks pregnant with Emeline, and where I had scanned a few of my baby photos. One of them made me do a double-take. Holy crap, man, that looks like Emeline! Blink blink. But, it's me? Whoa. 

I mean, I had always known there was some resemblance, but this photo? Just straight up makes me feel like I have a little mini-me. 
Whoa is right.

Anyway. 

Just trying to remember the little things that I will no doubt forget if it weren't for this blog.

***

*photos in this post were taken by my sil, Lyryn.




26 comments:

  1. She is a cutie for sure! And looks just like you girl! I love that! Love them putting together words. Easton is the same way. Sometimes slow to speak a sentence...but I think their little minds are just working hard to get it all out. They're smart little things for sure!!!! She's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is precious. and those eyes. very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! She does look exactly like you. I know this is not news to you, but yeah...this growing up stuff happens way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is gorgeous! Love her baby blue eyes.

    It's sad and happy all at the same time that they grow up this fast!

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have decided I really need to meet Emeline above 40 degree whether when she isn't all bundled up ;) I would love to watch this funny little girl in her element able to dance and wiggle all she wants! And I said this on Facebook already, but WOW! She really is your little mini me! Gorgeous girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these little updates. Similar to the two cracker thing, Eva is currently in the habit of needing to always hold THREE things in her hands at once. And she can never figure out why it's not easy to pick up the 3rd once she already has two things in her hands. Makes me laugh SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noah does the same thing with his snacks. Cracks me up.
    Great pictures!! She's such a dollbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG she looks just like you. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how much your love shines through for her. :)

    And YES! Totally your mini-me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you two look SO much alike! How funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zoe does the exact same thing with her snacks, and she has since she started feeding herself. We get a kick out of it. Brad calls it "double-fisting", which makes it even funnier. Toddlers do some of the most ridiculous things, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow you two really do look just alike

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't get over how alike y'all look! So glad you shared :) Genetics are such a neat thing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should take a picture of yourself holding Emeline with her hair in pigtails like you are with your mom. That would be fun to see. Then maybe one day she'll have a daughter and take the same picture with her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Katie! Found your blog through a twitter mention.

    Your daughter is absolutely adorable! And looks just like you! The similarities are seriously uncanny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning indeed. And she is a lucky girl because she's going to grow up and look just like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all, I love that Eme will chase people/animals down for a hug. That is too cute. And speaking of cute, I swear she just gets more adorable! And then there's that photo of you as a baby...holy cow! Spitting image! So now we know where she gets her good looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! What a fun age! Gives me so much to look forward to since my son is 10 months.
    Yep, looks just like you! I actually thought the pic was of Em before I read the note.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My niece had that same type of "stutter" at the same age as E. She totally grew out of it and is exceptionally smart! Just like E:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. We doublefist crackers too. It's a must.

    Please tell me you photoshopped that last picture of Eme just a little bit because, oh my gosh, those lips? Are you serious?! wow.

    I have a friend who is a speech therapist and she said stuttering is normal until around 3 for exactly the reason you mentioned. Their brain is going a lot faster than their speech skills can keep up with. I think it's kind of cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is totally your minime.

    Liv has to hold two crackers/pretzels/etc in her hands too. Toddlers are just so weird like that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is gorgeous! She is definitely your mini me. It's adorable! My daughter looks so much more like her dad than me so far.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Our nephew stuttered like that when he was first learning to talk all the way until he was about 4 and then one day it just stopped. I guess it's probably pretty common for them to stutter some :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whoa is right! She totally looks like you when you were a babe! You're both cutie patooties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dude y'all are twins!!! So much resemblance!!! It is bittersweet that our babes are becoming toddlers so fast!! It is such a fun age, but I don't want it to go so quickly!! Noah gives us leg hugs too :) so sweet! And that is awesome that she is making sentences, smart girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. She is such a little beauty...and seems like such a fun gal :)

    ReplyDelete