Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

One Christmas Eve Morn.

Guys. I am in such a post-holiday funk. Chaos is strewn about my home. I'm exhausted. I'm tripping over toys. I've had my husband home the last four days and it's thrown me off big time. In a good way. In a way like I disconnected from stuff for a bit and it felt really good. 

In fact, I was telling my sister today that I'm not even sure I'm ready to be back. Writing and stuff. Or doing whatever it is I do here. Blabbing. Posting photos. Keepin' it real. 

But I am so desperately afraid of not documenting things and losing them in the abyss of my crazy head, and for some reason I feel like storing these memories on the blog just makes it all okay. Of course, if one day the whole internetz crashes and blogger loses my entire history, then I'm totally screwed. But let's not go there. Blogger Gods. Do not do that to me. I will surely die.

Anyway. Our Christmas Eve Morning is kind of like everyone else's Christmas Morning. We do our little family gifts, well, mainly we just give Emeline her gifts, sit around and drink coffee, eat cinnamon buns, and relax.

It's pretty great, actually. And here are the photos to, uh...prove it. For documentation purposes.





...and it t'was good.

12 comments:

  1. I completely know how you feel. I have decided that I'm not going to fight the disaster that is my post-Christmas-extravaganza house. It just can't be done right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love those Christmas morning photos. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' the pigtails, Eme Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like she had a blast on Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emeline looks so adorable in her little pig tails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cinnamon buns look delishhh!! Glad to have found you on here, too IG buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pictures! Nothing beats a yummy Christmas Eve breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Declan's face with Elmo is priceless/hilarious!! haha! Eme is absolutely adorable in her little piggietails!

    ReplyDelete
  9. she is so precious! can feel the joy (yours, hers, and declan's)!!

    I had to go back to work today but was still in the holiday haze, so I understand!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie, that fear of losing everything is the one reason I don't use blogger for my main blog, even though it would be so much easier in all ways design and customization.

    Here's a free backup service that you can use!

    http://blogbackupr.com

    .......

    anywhere-is.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. The picture of Declanand Elmo is priceless! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute jammies! She looks adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete