Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Progress

My efforts to get in the Christmas spirit haven't been in vain. You see, it might even be working. I might be starting to feel like Christmas is actually coming, and a little bit of that excitement that I've felt in years past is creeping up on me.

It took the help of others, though. Which is okay. That's why we rely on friends, family, and our community anyway, right?

You see, the other night my sister came over. We baked Christmas cookies in preparation for the caroling at the nursing home the next night. And the simple act of baking cookies for others? Yea. That helped.

She saw my Christmas cards sitting there on my kitchen table, untouched. So we sat down, and she went to town addressing our Christmas cards for us. All I had to do was put the return address labels on (and I refuse to tell you that I put them on the wrong side of the envelop at first. oops. I rarely mail things these days, you guys.) and then get stamps.

That next day, I went with my stack of cards into the hustlin' bustlin' post office, picked out my winter stamps, happily stuck all the stamps on (the correct side, I may add), and mailed them off.

It felt good. And thanks to my sister for giving me the extra oomph to get them out. 

Last night, we got dressed up to go sing carols for the folks at the local nursing home. Let me tell you, they loooove the kids. All of the kids were a hit, and Emeline was no exception. She danced to all the carols, right up in front of everyone, and seriously, you couldn't help but smile.

Something about Christmas songs, and knowing you're bringing happiness to people just by being there.

I dare you not to smile during this video of Emeline dancing. Impossible.


We're getting there.

Hope you're getting there, too.

xo

28 comments:

  1. love the dancing, so adorable. it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness she is so cute! i'm sure the elderly got a kick out of her dancing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her little galloping moves! Your girl has some rhythm! And I may forward this post to Kari to see if maybe she wants to come address MY cards. Not that she's busy taking care of twin babies or anything.

    Glad you're getting there, I'm SO excited for Christmas this year with Kirsten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha glad i could help! i loved seeing all those folks enjoying those yummy peanut butter cookies. they were so cute! felt so good to share some christmas spirit with others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha eme loves her some spanish songs!so cute dancing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely have my Grinch on this year, but you're right... she did make me smile. Too cute. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutest thing EVER!!!!!!! I know that girl brought some smiles to those people at the home!!! So sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!! For some reason, God has really given me a love for old people. I love going into nursing homes because I love visiting with the residents but it also breaks my heart that they have to be in there. I know you guys singing made them very happy, but Eme dancing probably totally made their days, maybe even weeks!! This makes my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omgah.. i am cracking up. the gallop-dance? MY FAVORITE!!! She is too, too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't just smile. I laughed. Out loud. SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whenever I mail something I always have to ask my husband what sides the stamps go on. I can never remember.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! My little girl turned 1 today and I'm struggling to accept it, but this is the stuff that really excited me about what is to come. I can't wait to see her little personality continue to blossom. Emeline is so adorable! Hope you catch the Christmas bug soon, you only have 10 days left!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got a dancer on your hands! HA! So cute. Glad you're finding more Christmas joy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My gosh she is adorable! I love dancing babies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness!! Is she not the cutest little girl in the world!! I am sure she brightened up the days of sooo many!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awe!!!! just got my computer working again, so glad you shared this video! it made my night :) She is precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your sister is so sweet and your baby girl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Um... is the chic in the gray shirt on the left of the video Susan? Because my very first thought was "wow, that person is really skinny" and then I thought "Oh my God, I think that's Susan". And then I was just really proud of a person I've never met in real life.

    Emiline is also adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolute cuteness. GOD I remember when Cass and Gabe were that little, and did that. Kills me. Toddlers dancing are the best.

    And dude. Your sister? Double take. SUE YOU LOOK AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a good sister...and Emeline? Way cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I honestly tried not to smile... and it WAS impossible. way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Precious! I love that you went there and sang and got into the Christmas spirit more that way. So sweet.

    Go Emeline GO!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. awww her dancing is sooo cute! how old was she when she started that?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww.... Feliz Navidad!.. Super Duper Cute... and that baby girll... even cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yep. Totally giggled. That's the cutest thing EVER.

    ReplyDelete