Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The twinkly lights.

I absolutely adore the twinkle of lights. That's probably one of my favorite things about Christmas. In fact, I'm pretty certain that no lamps in my living room even get turned on this time of year, because we're perfectly content sitting by the twinkly lights of the Christmas tree and garland wrapping the stair railings.

Twinkly bliss.

Ah.

I love it.

And so last night, we had ourselves an atypical Monday evening, and headed to Longwood Gardens, to see acres and acres of trees wrapped in pretty lights, to walk the conservatory, and see the electronic train display. Honestly? We go there so often that we're members. It's one of the best places to let the kids run and play, and one of my most favorite outings. So last night was a members only evening. And dude, place was PACKED. But it was fun.

So twinkly! And from the second we walked through the doors into the gardens, my little girl had her pointer finger out going "Ah! Pretty TEE!" (tree). Literally. If I had a dime for every time she said it last night? I'd at least have ten bucks. She adored it.


I have a weird obsession with out of focus Christmas lights. Declan thinks it's stupid. I think it's beeeautiful.

...and just like that, it feels like Christmas.

24 comments:

  1. love the cookie tree. Awesome create!

    I agreed, its so beautiful the lights. and i love the second picture, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Love the one of the Christmas ball where you can see you :) Super cool!! And I am with you twinkly lights unfocused are super pretty!!!!! Sounds like y'all had a great night of fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husbands parents are members to Longwood as well! I am getting excited for our yearly trip. I think it may be this weekend:o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Le sigh. Gorge photography. And a cutie to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we had something like this to go to. It still doesn't feel like Christmas to yet, and I can't figure out why. Maybe because I'm still busy with the newborn stage and haven't gotten out much?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That place sounds amazing! We're going to a part of the Disney property this week, and I can't wait to see the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos!! Isn't it funny how the smallest things can instantly get you ready for the holidays??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, I love Longwood! I have a ton of family nearby and never miss it when we go visit. So jealous it looks so cold and Christmasy there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the lights too! I love walking outside at night and looking at all the lights :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pictures! What a wonderful place to bring kids...wish they had something like this near me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like such a fun outing! Seeing your pictures of all the lights makes me remember that I have to pull out my DSLR manual and figure out how to really work the thing. I want to take better pictures around the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks awesome! I love the gingerbread tree! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely twinkly. D-definitely. :P

    Beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I looooove Christmas lights and I also love using Christmas tree lights as our inside lighting throughout the season :)

    My choir is performing at Longwood on Monday December 12th at 7 if you happen to be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing photos as always!! I wish I had somewhere close like that to take the twins.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a perfect night. That's the good thing about it getting dark like FIVE minutes after lunch at this time of year ... we can still take our littles out to enjoy some of this. I'm hoping to make it to Niagara Falls for the festival of lights this weekend! Eva will LOVE the disney displays.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Growing up one of my favorite memories was putting Christmas music on in the car and driving around different neighborhoods looking at lights with my family- I've never heard of a place like Longwood Gardens- I feel like I would be in heaven with all those lights! hehe. And I agree with you- out of focus Christmas lights are soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhhhhh, love it.
    Makes Christmas all the more real :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh lights...warm feelings. I love!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tell Declan the out of focus lights is called BROKEH and it's cool and trendy and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it's beautiful too! I can't wait to get home and make my apartment feel like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I'm dying to take E to Opryland to see lights! Looks like ya'll had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love lights pictures.

    Don't you love how all of a sudden, something just makes it feel so holiday-ish? *sigh* Kids make it so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Alright, that place looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete