Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

20 Months Old

Oh, this child kills me.

Dear Emeline,

I know I don't really do the whole letter thing anymore. But for some reason, 20 months seems monumental in my head. It's such a rounded, perfect little number and I can't believe we're only 4 months away from having a big T-W-O year old. So here it goes.

You like to "play-play". Everything and anything. You love to build blocks, play with your leapfrog "laptop", play the matching animal games on my phone, play with your new play kitchen, pushing your Elmo in your stroller--you name it. You own the playground now and run confidently around it like you aren't a baby anymore, but a kid. It still kind of surprises me at times how you can do everything by yourself. 

You're mildly obsessed with all things Dora The Explorer. It's....cute? :) You know a good handful of spanish words, taught to you by all your Dora books, the shows, and by some of our spanish speaking friends from Church. You like the shows Bubble Guppies, Dora (obviously), Chuggington ("choo-choo!"), Jake & the Pirates, and Mickey of course. You will request the "show" you want by name. 

My goodness, the theme of your life so far has been DANCE. I went back through all your videos last night and almost every one of them is of you dancing to some degree.  You love to move & shake your booty, and I think it's adorable. 

You tend to skip now when you run. Everyone comments on how cute your little gallop-run is, even random strangers at the mall. I think you just have happy feet :)

You are totally and completely picky about food. It's irritating as heck, but I just remind myself that it should pass at some point. You're still super attached to your milk, and you like "laller" (water), too. You still don't get juice and you seem fine with that. We are, too. 

You greet me with "hi momma, I la-lu" often. It melts my heart. Your vocab is exploding and you put mini sentences together all the time now. I think I can understand you more than others, which is obviously to be expected since we spend all.day.long together. You can name all family members and a lot of friends by name and you practice them often.


You totally test us now. I can see bits and pieces of disobedience (and normal toddlerhood) creeping in every day and some days? It's totally challenging. You understand the word "no" but sometimes you just don't listen. You already have the ability to tune your parents out. Why does that happen so early? :)

Overall, though? You are one heck of a kid. Everyone who watches you or spends time with you says what an easy kid and what a delight you are. In fact, a friend from Church told us we should have 100 more babies if they all turned out like you. Ha! But? What a compliment.


Love you little girl. Tons and tons.

Momma


24 comments:

  1. This is so cute. One day she's going to read these and smile at how adorable she is and what an amazing momma she's got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful! :) Happy 20 months to Eme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Eme totally looks like a little KID--not a baby at all!

    Lizzy loves Dora too, but she hasn't picked up any Spanish other than Itsy Bitsy Spider.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still feel like her one-year old birthday was yesterday! Gah, happy 20 months to Eme! And Katie, these photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mama I la lu!? I DIE!!! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've got one amazing, adorable girl. Happy 20 months to her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, Katie. This made me tear up and I have never even met you or Emeline! What a beautiful little girl she is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg, Katie. This made me tear up and I have never even met you or Emeline! What a beautiful little girl she is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her eyes are just so stunning and dancing classes could be just around the corner for her! What a fun age for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohmahgah....the last picture. MELT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww happy 20 months baby girl! aunt susie loves you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. She looks SO much like you!!

    This is what we call the "age of maximum cuteness" at our house.

    Love those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a little darling! I think she looks like a good mix of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I swear she just turned one!!! how is she going to be 2 in 4 months!? time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww...she will LOVE looking back on this when she's older.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is just beautiful!
    She's growing up so fast! Aww :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I must agree you and hubster have one cute kiddo!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. CUTE photos! She is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete