Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Few things...

1. This whole SOPA and PIPA thing has my stomach in KNOTS. KNOTS. If you don't know what I'm even talking about, please read about it here.  Educate yourself and speak up. Censorship of the internet can affect little 'ole bloggers like you and me. It can also do much worse. I'm not one to get super passionate about these things, but THIS IS A BIG DEAL. Consider signing a petition, please. Here is one by Google. 

A lot of bloggers are blacking out today for this. I think that's great and fully support them. I also think that there are a lot of people who may not know much about this and so maybe there's a benefit to me posting a few links and getting a few more people on board with the damage this could cause.

Okay. Moving on. (But please. Do something about this.)

2. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, yo. If you don't shop GroopDealz you are missing out like whoa. Today there is THE CUTEST bakers twine for 43% off.
See? Adorable.

And look at this Valentines day heart bunting. I die. 

Custom Hand Stamped Necklaces, on sale for THIRTEEN BUCKS. OMG. Go get one, now.

Just click on this pretty little button below to shop these deals and more:

----

3. I've been ordering from Zulily again lately. They have the most ridiculously cute deals going for kids, momma's, babies, etc--and multiple deals a day. Last week? I got a gorgeous leather purse for like $17 that will be double as my diaper bag as soon as it arrives at my doorstep. 

Today they have REPORT footwear for like 50% off and I'm kind of lusting over this pair of boots right now.
If you need an invite to Zulily, I got you covered right here.

----

4. Remember when I blogged about JustFab.com a few months ago? Well, I still love that website. It's a membership based site, and all the products on there are 39.95 flat rate, free shipping, etc. I own a few pairs of boots, a few handbags, and even some accessories from there & gave away a bunch of it for Christmas, too. THE STUFF IS LEGIT. Like, gorgeous, boutique-finds, high-quality stuff. I was and continue to be pleasantly surprised with their site. So far I'm way, way pleased with it. Here's an invite if you wanna join Just Fab.

That's pretty much all I got today. Random stuff. 

Please don't forget to go check out the SOPA and PIPA info and get educated.

---

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the prompt to educate myself. I just signed the petition. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, I just signed the petition! have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder about the petition... heading over there now!

    Also, love those Report boots - checking out that site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for drawing my attention to that! Signed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've already signed one petition, I'm glad to see that there are more! Such craziness...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I signed the Google one already. Heading on over to sign the other now.
    And then maybe to shop... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the information. I just signed the petition as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm blacked out today, but I totally support bloggers who are posting about it rather than blacking out. I don't really care the method, as long as we're bringing attention to SOPA, you know?

    Also, I don't do the company you mentioned in #3, but one of my best friends from college is a customer service rep there...so if you ever end up on the phone with an Ethan, tell him hi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting about this. It is so important for us to get the word out about this very important situation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Irish Carter@lovesoflife....Thanks for the info on the SOPA and PIPA. I signed the petition. And....got myself a bit educated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been lusting over those same boots all day, and I went to order them about an hour ago, and when I went to check out I miss out on my size! So upset! :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for providing the links! I was kind of avoiding the topic, and now I'm wishing I hadn't! Signed the petition and am sending the links forward to friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. unfortunately, as a Canadian, I cannot sign the petition, as it requires a zip code.... do you know of a canadian/international petition that can be signed?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gah! I was drooling over several pairs of those Report boots today! I'm so hard to fit though, so I hate buying boots I can't try on first. Stupid feet and big calves!

    And thanks for the link. Until today I hasn't heard of either of those issues!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, girl! I just signed it also. :) And shared it on FB & twitter.

    I get the zulily emails & recently bought a couple of baby gifts. Can't wait till they come in! LOVE those boots! Will sign up for groopdealz now! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just joined Zulily last weekend on a whim. Still trying to figure it out. Have you found many good things on there?

    ReplyDelete