Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Hello Baby Deux: 12 Weeks


What people say is true. Something I thought for sure, there was no way on earth I would ever, ever do. Me? The Documenter? Yea. Even me. Poor, poor baby #2....gets so much more neglected when it comes to photos. Already. Even in utero. Say it ain't so.

But here I am. I forced asked my husband to take photos of me so I could finally do some sort of update on this very much loved baby. I'll spare you the outtakes on that little photoshoot. Let's just say, I'm considering going back to the 'ole camera in the mirror pics. Although it doesn't fit with my vision for documenting said pregnancy (you can thank Pinterest for that).

Ahem. But back to the whole point of this post. Baby #2. This pregnancy. The bump that's finally starting to grow.

The Babe
From what I can assume, everything's going a-ok in there.  I'll get to hear the heartbeat on Tuesday morning, and yep, I'm looking forward to it, and of course speculating gender and all that bee-ess based solely on a number that means nothing. You know how it is. It's fun anyway. The other day I saw in a quick glance on my pregnancy app that this kiddo is the size of a lemon already. WHAT? How did that happen? I swore it was just the size of a gummy bear last week. Yes I just called my baby 'it'. 

The Momma
You know, other then puking and feeling awful 24/7, I'm surviving. I'm sleeping great for the most part, and even napping some days. I go to bed pretty early most nights, and luckily sleep through most the night without getting up to pee. I was like that with Eme, too. Able to sleep all night through (even up till delivery) without getting up to pee. I must have a massive bladder or something. Either way I'm not complaining.

I am all about fresh fruit like strawberries, kiwi's, and pineapples right now. I make smoothies daily. Also, fresh veggies slathered in dip (of course). But don't worry, I like bad things too--like, I am also equally in love with carbs like bagels, soft pretzels & english muffins. Oh, and the occasional bowl of Cap'n Crunch. Yea, apparently I'm 5. 

The Bod
I feel like I started really kind of "showing" this week. Maybe not to others, but to me. I'm still somewhere on the negative 4lb loss arena, which is no.big.deal and totally normal with sick 1st trimesters like myself. GOOD NEWS ALERT: I got my butt back on the treadmill this week! It was THE BEST feeling ever after taking a much needed 6 weeks off. But I finally felt like I just HAD to run. I only did 1.5 miles, but I'll ease my way back into it. Of course, now I need to keep it up.

Oh, and comparison to last pregnancy. Here are my thoughts: I was overall more 'fat' last pregnancy and none of which can easily be seen from this photo. But, as far as the belly goes--I think I look relatively the same in comparison. You think?

The Big Sis 
Having a toddler and being pregnant is exhausting. This could be an entire post on it's own. But it's equally fun to get to have another family member to share this whole thing with. She knows something is going on, and mentions the baby in my belly often. She'll point to my belly & say "baby!" and then lean in and go "Mmmmahhh!" (kiss sound), and hug my belly. She is insanely sweet. But does she have any real idea what's going on? Probably not. But it's cute nonetheless. 

She loves babies. Loves them. She's very, very interested in the other babies at church or her baby cousin, Paxton. She's really gentle but doesn't quite understand why they can't play yet. It's cute. We have time to work on all this, but let's hope this lends itself to her being The Best Big Sister Everrr.

Overall? It has NOT sunken in yet that I'm pregnant. I mean, duh, I'm sick a lot. I feel terrible most of the time. I get that. But that there is a real baby in my belly and that I'll be a mom of two this summer? Nope. None of that has sunk in. And you know what? I don't REALLY think it will sink in until it did last time. You know, when they said, "you're ready to push!"

Just keepin' it real.

We love you, baby deux. Lots. Keep growing.

43 comments:

  1. You look beautiful my lady friend! Its going fast right? OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are absolutely adorable pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture! It may have taken several tries, but I think D got it right!

    PS I think I've FINALLY admitted defeat in the whole self blog design arena. It only took me like a year to come around. ;) Expect an email soon begging for help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It hasn't sunk in yet for me either. Some days it feels real, and some days it feels like this faint dream that I'm living in where my belly is growing but I don't quite "get it". But, it didn't really set in with me for Zoe until my water broke and I kept saying "We're having a baby today" over and over again, trying to wrap my head around it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic! :) When my sister had her second, my niece did the same thing except she would go "BABY!!!!!" as loud as she could because she was so excited. Cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look sooooooooo great, friend!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're looking great Katie! Hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet. i was wondering if u were planning on documenting this pregnancy as well. readers want to see baby #2 growing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you look amazing.
    You're craving everything I did. Except the veggies. I hated them. :)
    Eme is going to be such a good big sister. What a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so great, Katie!! So excited for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look wonderful! healthy momma, healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the exact shape/size belly at 12 weeks. Crazy! Lookin good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great! ...and E hugging your belly, adorable!

    When I had my daughter I felt the same way, nothing was real until the moment the nurse and doctor said it was time to push! At that moment I was like OMG, I'm having a baby?!?!?

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your "lemon" is looking good. It is so clear how tiny you are this time around though. You look so fit Mama! Keep on keeping on! The treadmill, your after body and the pregnancy will be thankful for it. I power walked my entire pregnancy and bounced back to my old shape almost immediately. I think you'll notice a huge difference with your recovery. And the pretzels... oh ya! I've got a non-pregnancy addiction to those. YUM-O, with a jar of con queso. Muy bien. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great and I love that little belly!!!

    I hear you on it not really hitting you that you are pregnant/ bringing a new person into this world. I am 27 weeks and it is just now hitting me that OMGosh I will have another baby in no time!

    Praying that sweet heartbeat is just perfect on Tuesday (while I'm chugging my nasty GluCola for my GDD test)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look wonderful and so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah for running again! And I'm totally impressed by your 1.5 mile run. I ran again yesterday after only two weeks off, and I about died. BTW, I keep forgetting to ask--where do you keep your treadmill? Do you watch TV or listen to music while you run? And WHEN do you run? I love hearing about details like that :)

    Also, it totally didn't sink in for me until I was holding Lizzy in my arms!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look fabulous! Possibly carrying a little lower?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww! Gotta love the baby bump. So cute about E and being a big sis. She's gonna be great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look great! I think that it is better that you are in a more healthy state this time around. It will make it easier to bounce back!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look wonderful! Yay for Baby #2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I crave kiddy cereal too when I'm pregnant, weird!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is so great that she gets to be around other babies a lot. That should be so helpful. I keep joking with my BFF that we are using her son as a guinea pig. Any real damage Evalyn will do to a baby will be done on him, so by the time ours is born, she will know how to be gentle with it. Your cute little belly is definitely starting to pop!

    ReplyDelete
  25. you look divine Katie. Yes, i agree you are about the same size as when Eme was in there tummywise. Looking great, here's hoping you start to feel great soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute! Congrats! And I just had my second in September. I don't think it hit me until I was sitting in the hospital bed, in labor, 12 days early (my first was induced 2 days late) and my mind was swirling over the fact that I was.having.another.baby.TODAY. It was crazy. Yes, I was totally that person that was in labor and didn't realize/admit to it until 4 hours before giving birth. I mean really, I went and got my new driver's license and went to work to drop my lunch off the morning I had him! DUH.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lookin' gorgeous!! That's so awesome you are staying active in your pregnancy. Get it girl! I'm sure you'll bounce back to your skinny self about this little one.

    ReplyDelete
  28. 1. You look adorable.
    2. I could eat cereal for every meal. Cocoa Krispies, tyvm.
    3. I also have a bladder of steal. I'm like super women. I never pee.
    4. It's exhausting to have a toddler while PG, but it also makes it FLY BY! WOOT!
    5. You look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  29. He did a great job taking that pic. And I often have thought about being pregnant and having a toddler. I can already tell it would be exhausting.
    I hope you start feeling better soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I envy your bladder. I peed 20983x a night with Allie and I SWEAR my bladder shrunk permanently after having her. You look great, Katie! And I am sticking by my guess - it's gonna be a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm sorry you're feeling so sick all the time. I can imagine that is not fun. :( I hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I was going to say, you look great in that picture!! And you can indeed see a difference between the two pregnancies!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Considering that the details of the photo shoot were omitted I think the pictures is BEAUTIFUL! Looking good Momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I did the photo shoot during my pregnancies too and I'm so glad I did. Unfortunately my husband and I took all the pictures with me in my bra and underwear, so they aren't really ones I can share with the Internet... especially without embarrassing my children!
    Now, I'm sharing excerpts from my humorous upcoming eBook, "The Motherhood Manual: I have all the answers" on my blog http://twyste.com
    As a mom, you may be able to relate... or you may be one of the freaks of nature who does all the mothering things naturally the first time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. you simply look amazing!!! you look like a completely different person this time. in a totally good way!

    i think those bumps look a lot a like.... hmmm ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. That's a GIRL belly. The end.

    Granted, my track record of guessing sucks. But still I say girl.

    ReplyDelete
  37. You look great! and I feel for you on the 24/7 sickness... hope it eases soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I was 24/7 sick when I was pregnant with my second. And it is SO much more exhausting with a toddler to chase! :) Hope the sickness wears off!

    ReplyDelete