Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Holy frack.

Yesterday seemed like any other Sunday. The typical back & forth game with the husband, taking care of the toddler girl while each of us try and get our showers and get ready for Church. In one moment, we're laying in bed with her just taking it easy, watching TV when I say something like "Isn't having one kid so easy? I'll miss this."

And then in another breath, as I'm running around Church wrangling said toddler, feeding her 394082390 packs of fruit snacks just to keep her quiet, and sitting on the floor with her putting together a Dora puzzle while getting pieces thrown at my head....I think, "How in the heck will I have two kids? ONE kid is hard."

Amazing how things can change so fast.

Nevertheless, this is not at all what this post was about.

Anyway. We get home from Church and I'm tired. Exhausted, really. No big deal, I mean, I'm pregnant and I'm exhausted 99.9% of the time. Not surprised. So as soon as I lay her down for a nap, I crawl into bed myself to take a little nap if my body will let me.

And then it hit me, like a ton of bricks. Mean, nasty, bricks.

Body aches. Chills. Stomach pains and sharpness. Vomiting.

UGH.

For the next six hours I did a dance of laying in my bed in tears. Running back and forth to the toilet. Tossing & turning trying to get comfortable. And feeling like death. Seriously. I have never felt worse that I can remember.

Thankfully it was a Sunday, and my husband was home, kept Emeline out of the way, played with her, fed her, and still managed to get me all my 'text message' requests throughout the day, or read my whiny I think I'm dying texts and respond sweetly. Oh yea, and managed to clean the 2-day mess of a kitchen, too. (Thank you. Seriously. Love him.)

It was miserable though. I almost couldn't distinguish between pregnancy sick and sick-sick, but I've come to the conclusion that this was sick-sick. A random mix of things actually that no one needs details on. But enough that I feel like I was kicked in the abdomen multiple times and feeling quite sore today.

About six hours later I started to feel more normal again. Like I could eat something. Like I wasn't going to die. Like I could walk. Like I could go downstairs and see my little family.

Whatever that was? I don't want to see it again. Pregnancy Sick is not nice to me. Not at all. But whatever this was? Was WORSE. And I don't want to deal with that again. Please and thank you.

All that to say-I am even more behind on life, now.

Christmas decor is still up. STILL UP. Omg. I am that person. No laundry got done this weekend. My bedroom looks like a hospital patient lived here. The list goes on.

But at least I'm....better?

Oh life. You like to throw curveballs.

Well HA HA on me. But stop being such a butt, it's not nice.

24 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better today lady! p.s. my xmas decorations are still up too and I wasn't sick this weekend! I have no excuse! Oh yes I do, Jimmy was gone all weekend and he wanted to be involved w/the putting up so he can be involved in the taking down, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better, slightly! Pregnancy sick is no fun for me either, luckily I havent gotten sick-sick yet KNOCK ON WOOD ... I cannot imagine :( I am sure you will be a FABULOUS mother of two ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better, Katie. Who cares about the Christmas decor..l there is nothing to look forward to until this spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Half the families in my church (including mine) had this last week! 4-6 hours of misery, then it was over...so weird. Feel better, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me laugh, but I really hope you're feeling better! At least you can joke about it, now although i'm sure it was so not funny during it.. I ope you're feeling MUCH better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the tummy bug while 6 months pregnant. Every time I would get sick the poor baby would do flip flops inside of me :/ Try and take it easy today. The Christmas decorations can wait one more day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the stomach flu when I was seven weeks pregnant with G and it was the.worst.

    So I guess Dr. Gina's prescriptions didn't help? Darn. Apparently I need some continuing education.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the stomach flu when I was seven weeks pregnant with G and it was the.worst.

    So I guess Dr. Gina's prescriptions didn't help? Darn. Apparently I need some continuing education.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the stomach flu/morning sickness/tiredsome blows by quickly! I can't even imagine being sick, pregnant AND being a Mom. When are you allowed to raise the white flag?!

    Get better, Mama!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no being sick is whack! thank god your husband was home to help! get well sooooon! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. and congratulations on by number 2 :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the word "frack". LOL!

    So sorry to hear you're feeling so crappy. That stinks extra bad since you're still in your first trimester.

    Sometimes I think I'd like to have two. Then I have an amazing day with Brynn and think, "This is so manageable!" And then I look at everyone else who has more than one baby and think, "If THEY can do it..."

    Geez. I just had the one and I'm already thinking about another? This is cray-cray.

    Feel better, mama.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you're better. That kind of sick, especially while pregnant, is definitely the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope that you're feeling better. But if it came on you quickly and left within the day, it sounds like something from food. Don't forget to super hydrate today!!! Get well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad you sickness was short lived. (Even though I am sure it felt like an eternity while it lasted!) I got sick sick like that when I was pregnant with Piper at about the same point you are now, too. It only lasted through the night and was gone in the morning but I thought for sure I was going to DIE. Being pregnant is hard enough, the last thing you need is a stomach bug on top of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you're better today!!

    I had this happen when I was pregnant with my second too and it's NO fun, anytime but ESPECIALLY when pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you are at least feeling better now, thank goodness for good husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad your feeling better, stomach bugs are the worst. I can't imagine that on top of morning sickness. Thank goodness for sweet, doting husbands! They really are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Just started following your blog. Sorry you were so sick. My two-year old daughter had a similar illness Friday night, it was awful. We ended up in the ER with a very sick dehydrated girl. Hope your feeling better soon!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry you weren't feeling well. I hope today is a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh poor girl! The stomach bug is going around like wild fire. I had it bad-literally felt like death like you said. I was MISERABLE! And I'm not pregnant! So sorry! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad that passed quickly for you and thank God it happened on a weekend right? My worst fear is being stuck in the bathroom sick with Ethan by myself. Ick. Sorry you had to go through that!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just had this. Very contagious. Be careful and hydrate a lot ok?

    ReplyDelete