Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Misery. Poof. Gone.

I think a bloggers worst nightmare is when a post that had their heart, soul and wit poured into it gets deleted. No, I KNOW IT IS. It's my worst nightmare and for the love, IT HAPPENS TOO OFTEN.

I'm kind of raw right now. Yes, I realize I'm being a bit dramatic but I was trying (for the second time) to write the story of the day we found out about this new little baby (the Target story, even!) and then all about how I told Declan. It was FINALLY coming out well. The perfect blend of humor and sentimental. Exactly how that day was.

I finally had the desire to write about it (after trying and failing a few weeks prior), and I was literally A SENTENCE AWAY from it being finished. Ready to post. For the baby books, you know. FOR HISTORY RECORDS OF THIS BABY. Because God knows this is the only place I write anything down.

I walked away from my laptop FOR A SECOND to go get a bag of popcorn out of the microwave and within that second, Emeline managed to click a button and DELETE the entire post, and then it promptly AUTO-SAVED.

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAILLLLLL.

I knew better. I shouldn't have left the laptop within any type of reachable distance of el-destructo toddler child. But I didn't listen to my inner voice and it's all my fault.

So now you're left with this sad, pathetic, woe-is-me blog post. I'll get over it. And let's just hope that one day I'll get my mojo back to write about that day. You know, prior to actually meeting this kid face to face. But I have a feeling it'll be a while.

SIGH.

PS: There was an excessive amount of CAPS in this post, and for that I apologize. Sense my severe disappointment? GOOD. YOU SHOULD. (Added for dramatic effect.)


20 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel - had this happen to me recently, though not on nearly as important of a post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! It's happened to me before too, and it is indeed heart-breaking. I hope you can recapture it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when then happens, that pit in your stomach filled with dread hoping that you aren't seeing what you're seeing.

    I'm sorry girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! So very very sorry. I have a delete champion in my house too. Her favorite button is backspace and no matter how she hits the keyboard she always sends me back about 5 pages. Hope you're able to get your mojo back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that is such a bummer! i wish there was a way to get it back. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sucks! One time I was writing and not realizing it wasn't autosaving because my internet connection had been lost. Well when it was finally all done, I went to uploda a picture, the whole thing froze and everthing was lost.

    It sucked.

    Big time. So I totally get it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NOOOOOO! That's horrible! And unfair! And all kinds of caps-lock-y!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emeline's already trying to make sure she gets more attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mine does not autosave most days and when I try to post it, it gives me an error. I HATE THAT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww. I'm so sorry! I hate that. Whenver I am nursing my 9 month old and reading blogs... she reaches BACK and touches the screen and sometimes makes words up. talented I tell ya! :) Grabbing your button! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bummer, I bet it's a good story. I can't wait to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, my stomach hurts just thinking about that. So sorry it happened!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That happened to me with a 7 page paper in college. All of a sudden, the file was corrupted and it was gone. I cried, a lot.
    This might sound way too obvious... Did you try the back button on the post? It's saved me numerous times. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no! That's awful! :( I would be annoyed too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am SO sorry. My heart just sunk for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh NOO!! I feel your pain! That is definitely every bloggers' worst nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  17. BOO COMPUTER!

    Sorry that happened. Been there. And it sucks. I will think mean thoughts about your computer for you.

    ReplyDelete