Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Hello Baby Deux: 16 weeks

I look like I'm pushing out/arching my back in this photo, and I guess I kind of am. Accidentally, of course. I feel like I don't look that big in person, but who knows. Anyway--clearly even ONCE A MONTH I couldn't keep up with having my husband take a picture for me to avoid the big camera-in-my-face look. Oh well. We do what we can.

The Babe
According to the pregnancy app that keeps me on track (ha), I will be 16 weeks tomorrow. And baby? Baby is the size of an avocado apparently. Wow. That seems so...big to me. I can't believe we're already at that point already. We'll check on that sweet heartbeat again on Tuesday. Apparently, though--s/he has ears and can hear now. So, lucky little baby has lots of time to get used to the shrills and shrieks of their big sister, yea?

Also, call me crazy but I swore I felt the baby move this week. I can't really confirm that though, but eventually I'll be feeling him or her more consistently.

The Momma
I feel better. I FEEL BETTER!!!! Not 100%, but so.much.better. I have figured out that my 'trick' to not getting sick in the morning is getting a few sips of coffee in me prior to being up and at 'em too much. So yes, I drink coffee in bed most mornings. It's a rough life. I also don't feel nauseous 24/7. More like...4/7. Four hours a day is WAY less than 24. I still need my anti-nausea pills maybe 1x a day, it takes the edge off.

As far as foods go? I'm still picky, yes. I can't help that. I also don't have any overwhelming cravings right now. I am OVER the whole Icee thing. One bad experience is all I needed to call that craving quits, apparently.

The Bod
I'm still lingering around the -3lbs mark or so. Pretty normal for me. Just a matter of time before the weight just packs right on. Lovely. I'm disappointed a bit in myself that I've not gotten on the treadmill since, forever ago. The need for naps came back in my life with a vengeance, and so that sort of ruled out running. Pathetic, but true. Momma's sleepy. And growing a human, working from home & taking care of a toddler (among a billion other things) has proven to be a butt-whoopin'. 

Oh, and comparison to last pregnancy. First of all, let me just say how annoyed I am that I did bare-belly shots last time. I don't know why I did that. Especially with being so much heavier. And this time? No thank-you. So, I found a clothed 17 week pic from last time to compare it to. Granted, an entire week difference, but-you get the idea generally.

Bottom line: I was so much bigger last time.
See? It SO pays to lose the weight (plus some). So glad I did. Will never, ever regret that.
 also, notice how my belly looks smaller in this pic than the one above? I think the hand on the hip makes me look bigger, ha ;)
The Big Sis 
Still adorable as ever. She talks about the baby less than she did before. And sometimes? When we ask her where the baby is, instead of pointing to my belly, she points to my boobs. So that's fun. Luckily she doesn't pull up my shirt to 'see' the baby or do anything like that. You know, 'cuz I hear that can happen at awkward times. ;)

We ask her often if she thinks she's having a brother or a sister and she just repeats whatever the last thing we say is. So basically, you can get her to say whichever one you want just by changing the order in which you ask. Sneaky.

***

Keep on growing strong & healthy baby. 

32 comments:

  1. You look amazing, you inspire me!! New follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am embarrassed that I did the bare belly pics too, not necessary. You look so adorable ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look AMAZING!! So wish I would have done weekly pics of my pregnancies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had taken more pics when I was pregnant. I have very few and really regret that now!
    www.memoirsofmeandmine.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Yay for feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy. Totally a boy.

    Haha! Just messing with your head. You look so adorable. Almost (only almost) makes me miss pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely felt my second one move before 20 weeks and WAY earlier than my first. I bet you did feel this little one! :)

    You look awesome! Glad you're feeling better. Morning sickness blows. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pretty sure I felt baby #2 around 16/17 weeks--so you probably are feeling the little one :-) Glad you are starting to feel better---it is crazy how different documenting (even thinking about the pregnancy) is the second time around, I think you already have more pictures of your second then I have of mine (and I am 24 weeks today)....love to see the updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so great, Katie! Hope your energy picks up again soon. Thank goodness for naptime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if it was just luck or what but by the time I had my baby girl last March, my son was 31 months old and his noises from day 1 have never made her flinch. Now other people would disturb her but I swear that boy could scream like a banshee and she stayed asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do look tiny! Props to you for weight loss. I bet this will be a much healthier happier pregnancy for you too! :) Glad your feeling better. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't be too hard on yourself for not running. You're growing on human for gosh sakes! ;)
    That boob comment made me laugh out loud. haha oh emeline.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking good lady!!!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking good! I'm waiting for you to pop, you're almost halfway through!

    ReplyDelete
  15. my son pointed to my boobs too when I asked him where his brother was (he just turned 2, his brother is 3 weeks) After he watched an ultrasound though, he insisted on lifting my shirt so he could "open the baby up." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stop being cute and making me want to be pregnant. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so beautiful Katie! So glad to hear your not sick all the time anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I felt Ian at 14 weeks! I bet you that is what it is. You know what it feels like this time around and they say mom's feel it sooner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so darn adorable! And YAY for feeling the baby!!! So fun :) I felt Carter at 14w (just flutters) and it was 12w with Brynn. Wondering when I'll feel this baby. I'm 10 weeks now so we'll seeee.

    And although my belly is huge, I'm still smaller this time than I was with Brynn so I've definitely noticed a difference in my belly size since the weight loss!

    Not too much longer until you find out EEEKKK!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so stinkin cute! You are a true testament that it is totally worth it to try to lose weight in between pregnancies (which was totally my excuse). Glad you are feeling better!

    It's funny that she points to your boobs, because my son did the same thing before my belly got big. Now it is quite obvious, at 30 weeks, where the baby is and he points there now :) Eventually, she'll get it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you look great! I bet you're totally feeling the behbeh! I felt Carter at 20ish weeks and totally started feeling this one around 12! It wasn't nearly consistent, but those pokes and tickles are unmistakeable! yay, 16 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look great! I felt Simon moving around 16 weeks, it totally could be. Kirsten decided to go through a lift up the shirt to look for the baby AFTER Simon was born. I think with my sister and I both pregnant she was just confused and thought EVERYONE was pregnant. Her favorite person to do this to was my mom, lol. We never encouraged her but sometimes it was hard not to laugh.

    P.S. When do you have your gender scan?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look great!!! You have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay for feeling better! And look at what a skinny little pregnant lady you are!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lizzy does that same thing with the boobs to my sister-in-law! She also often grabs my boobs and says "Baby yet?"

    That is so weird that Eme does that too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. the baby in the boobs is quite the image... hopefully that new discovery of her stays in your house ;)

    i can't get over the difference in pictures. you don't even look like the same person!

    ReplyDelete