Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It's Tuesday, so....confess.

Every season when the Bachelor or Bachelorette ends, I am disappointed beyond belief in the persons choice or the fact that they don't all just STAY IN LOVE. With the exception of a FEW couples. Then, I huff and puff and whine about how I will never, ever, ever watch one of those stupid, awful shows again. But every season it lures me back in, and I am ashamed. So ashamed. Why do I do this to myself? I have no idea.

95% of the time I don't even think about dinner or what to make for dinner until about 4pm that day. I swear, I am physically incapable of meal planning. I practically twitch in the grocery store, I hate grocery shopping that much. I cannot stick to lists. I hate making lists. Basically, I am not good at such things. I totally fail in this department. Always.

I am so not a morning person. I am very slow and very...quiet...in the morning, for a while, anyway. I have been bringing up to our room a cup of milk (for her) & a cup of coffee (for moi) at the first sign of Emeline waking up these days. It started while I was super sick pregnant and the tradition has continued. We lay in bed sipping our preferred drink of choice watching cartoons. Lazy say what? I like it.

I use apps/games on my iPhone to pacify my toddler while she's fa-reaking out in a store, or on the edge of naptime and bordering on falling asleep in the car, or if I've heard her scream for the "b-b-baaarnnnn" app too many times and I just want her to stop. It is really quite ridiculous that she can navigate a phone so well, cruising between apps and really playing them. (Pssst: have you signed up for AppSmitten yet? You need to!)

I purposely wear the lightest clothes I can when I go to OB appointments. Why? Because they put you on a scale fully clothed and with a full bladder, so of course, I don't want to add any unnecessary poundage. It's stupid, really.

I also always, accidentally, forget to 'hold my pee' so I can do the whole pee in a cup thing and tell them every time how sorry I am that I forgot again. They always tell me to just try to squeeze out a little (it's okay, you can laugh), and somehow I can always manage that, no matter how empty my bladder feels, oddly enough.

Sneezing while pregnant. NOT COOL. That is all.

I hate finances and dealing with them. Thankfully, my husband is obsessed with financial stuff, budgeting, online banking, and all that money related ish that makes me quiver inside. Handing over that area of our life to my him fully was the best decision I ever made. Of course I have access to everything, and check up from time to time, but I'd really rather not. I've never been that great with numbers, and he's the finance director for our Church, so really? It's much more his thing than mine anyway.

I let my dog go out of date with shots and I feel awful when this happens. Every.time. The only way I knew he was out of date on shots? I called the groomer because the poor guy can't see anymore with all that hair in his eyes, and they told me we needed an updated rabies vaccine. He was due for one in....NOVEMBER. Fail. Fail. Fail. So I had to hang up with them and call the vet, to which I was informed he was due for a lot more than that. Poor pup. We will remedy all this on Thursday afternoon, and the groomer will have to wait 'til next week.

I am suddenly back on a bit of a candy kick again this week. Starbursts, mentos fruit chews, gummy, sour chewy candy, oh my. It needs to stop.

Also. My thighs are growing. I can tell. It's gross. I blame the candy.

***

What are you confessing today?

17 comments:

  1. LOVE mentos fruit chews when I'm pregnant. And, amen to the sneezing while pregnant awfulness =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apps, sneezing and finances - yes all of those.

    Sneezing scares me, especially when in public, even not pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing in regards to clothes, and turn myself around so I cannot see, silly I know. My husby shakes his head EVERYTIME he goes with me. And my OB lets me pee first - thank the goodness, that 1 or 2 ounces MAY effect the scale afterall ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I just laughed out loud at the "sneezing while pregnant". So funny and soo true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally wear the lightest clothes I can to my OB appointments. And I take my shoes off too. Every little bit counts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I refuse to step on the scale until I've filled my cup! Ha! There is no way I am being weighed fully clothed and with a full bladder. Nope, not happening!

    And other than the meal planning and bachelor (I didn't watch this season for the first time), all of these could be my confessions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie. I will confess some stuff too:

    1. I too, give my son the iPhone to keep him occupied if I just want to turn my brain off and be quiet. Or I'll let him on YouTube or have him play the Wii.

    2. I SUCK at playing with Aidan. SUCK. He's always asking me to play with him and it's just so boring. I feel terrible about that.

    3. My cats haven't had updated shots in years. They also don't go outdoors. I'm hoping that makes up for it.

    4. I'm just like you in the mornings. I don't want to talk to anyone. Adam hasn't figured that out yet. Not only does he talk to me, but he asks me questions and expects answers. What.

    That's all I can think of for now.

    anywhere-is.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, no sneezing is NOT cool. Umm, throwing up wasn't kind to me in "that" department either. So unglamourous. I also just handed all of our finances over to Peter and it makes me so happy, I hate it too. Though I still deal with medical/insurance bills, and those alone are enough to drive me insane. Such BS most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some unsolicited advice (feel free to disregard!): I was really bad at meal planning for the longest time. The thing that worked for me while I was pregnant was to keep a list on the fridge of what I had on hand and the meals that I could make with it. So, I might go shopping at the beginning of the week and buy a pound of ground beef, some turkey, and some chicken breasts, and then I'd write out all the meals that I could make out of those proteins based on the stuff we usually had in our pantry like spaghetti sauce. So for ground beef, that list usually looked like "spaghetti, tacos, or BBQ meatballs."

    That way I had SOME ideas when it was 4:59pm, but also a lot of flexibility too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some unsolicited advice (feel free to disregard!): I was really bad at meal planning for the longest time. The thing that worked for me while I was pregnant was to keep a list on the fridge of what I had on hand and the meals that I could make with it. So, I might go shopping at the beginning of the week and buy a pound of ground beef, some turkey, and some chicken breasts, and then I'd write out all the meals that I could make out of those proteins based on the stuff we usually had in our pantry like spaghetti sauce. So for ground beef, that list usually looked like "spaghetti, tacos, or BBQ meatballs."

    That way I had SOME ideas when it was 4:59pm, but also a lot of flexibility too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish my husband did the finances. I hate handling that.

    My dog is also past his shots. He was suppose to go last Spring for a check up. I guess we'll just go this Spring instead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHA! I do the SAME THING with the Bach every stinkin' time. I'll probably do it again this time too. But next week looks like a total drama fest, so we'll see.

    I actually enjoy meal planning and grocery shopping, but I figured out I HATE IT if I have to go on the weekend. No way will that ever happen again, if I can help it. It's a mad house.

    The OB thing?? I did the SAME thing. I even started taking off my shoes, not wearing jewelry, etc just in case it added any extra ounces. lol. They thought I was ridiculous.

    Our poor pups. I haven't checked up on their shot schedule lately, but I'm pretty sure they're due for *something*. They always are. I'm a terrible dog-mom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love confessing! It's good to get it all out there sometimes! lol.

    I too, hate finances, however, my husband is clueless (respectfully) in this area so it is my job to make sure bills are paid and that we have money in the bank. I hate it though and sometimes I let it go and end up paying several bills late. Blah!

    I always had to weigh before peeing too and I never understood why they did it in that order.

    I let my 2 year old and 10 month old watch as much TV as they want most days. The TV stays on and we mainly stay in the living room so they watch it but they are also playing. I find that it's a nice distraction occasionally when both of them will be totally enraptured in whatever is on for the same 10 minutes so I jump up and go do some dishes or something. Works for me!

    I feel better already!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Effing Ben... what an idiot. If he picks Courtney I'm going to laugh. More so because I doubt their relationship will make it to After the Final Rose.

    I LOL'd at the scale thing at the OB's office. I hate that they don't even let me take off my shoes. For the love... help a PG women out!

    Oh the snissing.

    Mmmmm, Starbursts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sour patch kids or those hot tamale candies...both will be the death of me this preg...M U S T S T O P

    AS FOR bachelor...or ette...love em both even though i cheat and read reality steves site. i read the end of books too so sue me

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was totally the same way when I was pregnant. I would wear the lightest and least clothes possible. Good thing I was pregnant in the summer months. Made it easier to just wear leggings and a top. And, as for the whole pet vaccine thing. Well, our cat is probably years overdue. But, she's an indoor cat, and she hates the vet, and they always tell us that she's got a heart murmur...so we stopped going. Oh well. She's a happy well fed and very active cat. So, she's fine! This post was awesome. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate being weighed at the doctor/hospital, it never makes me happy. :(

    ReplyDelete