Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Loves of Life

In all job interviews or on applications, when asked about my strengths as a person I've always said that I'm very self aware. That I'm capable of seeing where I messed up and where I need to change. I still find that to be generally true about myself.

I can look back on a situation and see where I've done wrong. I know in my gut when something doesn't feel right, or jive with what I believe or stand for. Does it mean I always make the right choices? Heck no. I fail. All the time. The important part is that eventually? I learn from it. I see my error and can adjust accordingly. Well, that's the goal anyway.

I've recently been very complain'y here. I don't like that. Granted, I like being honest, and sharing my feelings, but I don't want to complain. The truth is, this place has always been one where I want to remember the good things. Heck, even the title of my blog shows where my true intent lies. This is a place I can and have (and do) documented all those little things that make up this fun, crazy, whirlwind of a life. Things that I love. People that I love.

And I just need to clarify that this is still my intent. I feel like I lose a little bit of myself every winter. I hate that. I don't know if I get tidbits of seasonal depression or something, but I know that winter just kills my creative mood. I look back on posts from spring/summer to winter and they are vastly different. They are filled with photos of fun!creative!things! The outdoors! The playground! Laying in the grass! Birds! Swings! The pool! Sunshine! Smiles!

I miss that. A lot. And I need to figure out a way to carry that joy all throughout even the dreaded winter months we get here in Pennsylvania.

Even in the small things. Like her post-nap-need-for-Dora, milk, snacks, and of course, puppy cuddles.






Because what's not to love about electric pink hoodies and jeggings?

We'll get there. I'll get there.

16 comments:

  1. She looks so comfy on that couch with those leggings and socks. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blog friend Laura also lives in PA & she talks about seasonal depression every winter. It's real. You just kinda get blah i guess. I wouldn't know because we have nothing but scorching heat, but i'm just saying it's real to have to deal w/ that each year! I don't think you complain too much, though. Most of your "complaints" are just funny vents to me & nothing that makes me say, "Gah, she does nothing but complain all the time!" We know you love your family & friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable! You will get back to the happy blogging! .:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll get your grove back. Eme looks so cute & I love the jeggjngs my girls have some

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all go through those complainy post phases {not that I'd even noticed yours}. I bet winter and morning sickness aren't helping you out :) Love the photos of Emeline!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eme is such a beautiful little girl! And, I love jeggings too! Chloe had some, but they are too small now. I need to get her some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, cute pictures! :)
    It's an important quality to be able to step back and realize something, to be able to fix it... like you were saying we're all only human and never perfect. I've still enjoyed reading your blog though, like always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, you're fine! I hadn't even noticed you being "complain-y". :) And really, I'm sure it's also hard to be all smiles while constantly hugging the toilet. I've been having a hard time staying inspired lately too.
    I still love reading your stuff. And Eme in those jeggings and hoodie?? SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post! While I don't think you sound complain-y, I get feeling the blues during the winter. You'll pull out of it!

    Oh and where did you get Emeline's jeggings? I think Phoebe needs a pair!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those photos are adorable, I love that the dog is snuggled up there too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie, guess what? Its Feb 14-Valentines Day and that means that we are soooo close to SPRING! I'm a SAD girl myself so this is the time of year I have to be careful and watch for red flags to take extra care. It was 6:15 last night and still light outside. More sunshine, more nice weather, SPRING! Your daughter is beautiful.

    Irish

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! My daughter has to watch Dora and eat her snack after her nap too! Those little jeggings are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is so easy to get in those winter-y funks. hoping a little sunshine comes your way SOON!

    p.s. the neon pink hoodie? the curls? that kid of yours KILLS me :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel the same way too about the winter...I have no desire to do ANYTHING other than snuggle up on the couch.

    And for me? There's such a fine line when it comes to blogging when I'm in a funk. I want to be real, honest, and transparent, but I also don't want the blog to turn into a place where I just dump all the things I'm complaining about and forget the good stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's hard to stay all rainbows and butterflies when you're puking your guts out every dang day. you're excused sister.

    and yes, spring will do us all a bit of good. cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my are you a wise lady!! Love it. We all have our days, don't we? We just do our best.

    ReplyDelete