Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

This is the stuff...

This week has been craziness. Insane-nutso-craziness. The kind of crazy that makes your head spin and leaves you dreaming of all the things you need to do, and then has you wake up with a hangover which is not alcohol-induced. So rude.

We're good, though. Things are good. We're just in a season of change and waiting. Seeing what God has for our family and being willing to obey. Lots of unknown. But hey, that's what this whole faith thing is about isn't it? That whole, take a leap and trust someone's there to catch you? That.

Oh, and sometimes I'm so busy I forget I'm pregnant. I hate that though, and feel guilty about it. With Emeline I was one thousand and ten percent consumed with all-things-baby.  But I have this little toddler girl who has now entered this phase of not-listening and mini-tantrum-throwing that requires a lot of...umm...effort? attention? focus? Oh, yea, parenting. I already am feeling that whole holy crap I have to split my attention thing and my 2nd baby isn't here yet. Thank God that my uterus is doing a good job taking care of the baby in my tum right now.

I somehow hit the 2nd trimester today (hey 14 weeks!). I mean, wow. I can be all time flies with the second pregnancy but the truth is it felt long getting here. Now that I'm here, I am all oh, wow, 2nd trimester already? But being so sick early on makes the days drag by slow if you ask me.

Good news is that I'm feeling decently better. A significant amount. I'm grateful for that. Still a little nauseous and some puking but a whole ton better. I'll take any improvements.

Oh, and thank you phone. For without you I would not document this pregnancy, apparently. I do want to take an official pic, but here I am at 14 weeks. I think there's a little poppage that's occurred if you ask me.

Compared to last time? Well, I'm more baby-bump'ish and less that weird phase of I-just-look-thick (oh and almost 50 pounds heavier). But yea. So here's that.

So that's...that. Lots of stuff going on. Thoughts, prayers, for guidance and direction are always appreciated and well received.

Happy weekends all around, yea?

20 comments:

  1. Thoughts and prayers Katie--I love where God takes us when we are patient for it. Your bump is growing gloriously = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I love the little baby bump. I was hit with the what do you mean I have to figure out how to divide my time? too.

    I found my 2nd pregnancy just took forever until about 27 weeks and the last 12 have just flown by. I'm soooooo glad that you're starting to feel a lot better. That's awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you are feeling better! Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out :)

    Good luck with Eme, she is just testing your patience and her limits!!

    Tiffani
    thoughtsfromtiffani.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a more restful weekend. Lookin' good Momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! And you and your family are definitely in my prayers! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu were adorable pregnant the first time around, and are even cuter this time. You really are encouraging me to take care of MYSELF before baby #2 (not that I'm ready for that anyway).

    By the way, cute new profile picture.

    Hope your weekend is relaxing!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing!!!! Glad you are feeling better. It really does make it seem to go by slower, but once you feel better it flies by. Before you know it, it will be the 3rd trimester. :) I have struggled with not feeling like I have given this baby as much attention as the 1st time around, but have felt better about it since I have started decorating his room.. that will make a big difference. And we both know it is when they are really here that counts, so I say enjoy these last few months with just Emeline before you really have to split your attention!

    Prayers for you and your family being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look GREAT! I think all pregnant women are stunning, but you really look amazing and all of your hard work has paid off. That bump is too cute! God is good all of the time, but especially when we are patient - I am working on that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you look great!- definite bumpage happening... and good to know you are feeling better!! I am still in the sickasadogdontwanttogetouttabed
    stage... hoping this first trimester goes by quick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaawww... hiii babyyy!! (I have a firm policy about not talking to tummies, but I figure I'll break it just this once since I'm not doing it in person).

    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling less sick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for y'all as you listen to His call for your family! And I just love that little bump! So presh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for your family, thrilled your starting to feel better and loving your bump!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look wonderful, Katie! Praying for you and your family. Hope the weekend was wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohhhh i always have the 'oops i forgot i was preg' phase each day. i get caught up with chasing 2 babes plus 3 big kids the day gets away. i'm 14 w today and don't want to rush this...i keep forgetting the baby has to sleep somewhere and i'm not sure where yet hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh your little bump is so cute! Glad you are finally feeling better! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking fabulous as always! As a mother of 3..I can totally relate with the "um, oh ya.. there's another one coming". Don't worry about that stuff though. The ease of adding in another comes really naturally. You'll have enough love, attention and time for both of them. It's amazing how God weaves these little people into our lives and gives us the instinctive knowledge to just know what to do. (most of the time that is) And if you need an Icee.. I say, go for it! I recall bundling up my 13 month old during a MN blizzard so I could get my pregnant self to a KFC buffet! Oh. Yes. I. Did! Worth every ounce of work and calorie consumed. Baby needs what it needs. :) HA! Okay, so maybe baby just needed protein, but I couldn't deny myself the glorious fried chicken and coleslaw. Hang in there. Much love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete