Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Hello Baby Deux: 20 Weeks, the big half-way.

The Babe
She's a movin' and a groovin' in there. I love it! I didn't feel Emeline this early because of my anterior placenta. This time, I've felt the baby move since 16'ish weeks, and I've even felt her from the outside. We will see her on ultrasound at my official anatomy scan on Tuesday. I am looking forward to that, of course.

The Momma
I'm good, I think. I mean, generally I feel pretty healthy and strong these days. I admit that I definitely feel the whole shortness of breath & get winded more easy lately, but such is the next 20 weeks of my life. Some morning sickness has returned a little, but it doesn't linger all day. Generally just one 'episode' (I'm trying to be PC. Ha), and then I'm back to feeling better. I feel like I have to pee all the time these days, but get so distracted with Emeline that I forget to pee.

The Bod
Last time, at my 16 week update, I was about -3 pounds. And ugh. It's pretty obvious my morning sickness has generally subsided, because this momma is now UP 3-4 pounds from my original starting weight. It's faster than I gained weight with Emeline--so I'm hoping that's not a sign of what's to come. Or maybe--? It'll even out? Let's hope. I'm feeling chubby these days. I hate that. I know that my thighs are expanding, I'm starting to get pregnancy face, and I can feel a double chin forming. It's worth it. Yes. So much so. I should also not eat as many muffins. And bagels. :)

Comparison to last pregnancy? I'd say I'm starting to even out now and look the same. Maybe even a little bigger than last time considering there's a week difference.

This pregnancy:
The Big Sis 
She knows baby sisters name. Which is too, too cute. Yes, we have a name! I just adore hearing Emeline say it, sweetest thing ever. 

She's doing well and we pray daily for her transition to big sister. For now we're soaking up the time it is just her, and enjoying that to the fullest. We'll never get back this time, so it's very special to us.

***

Half way already?

Crazyness. Excited to meet the newest little lady in my life come August.

28 comments:

  1. Do people tell you how pretty you are all the time? Not to sound weird, but you are. I always think, wow, Katie always looks put together...but I don't think you try...it seems natural.

    I got bigger quicker with each, but it all evened out in the end. Your belly is cute, not chubby as you say.

    Yay for a name! Too bad we're not preggo at the same time again so I can find out the name early. ;) Can't wait to hear it, I'm sure it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're half way already! Looking great mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great, even if you don't always feel like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great! so glad you are feeling better {for the most part}.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the halfway milestone. I have a feeling your weight will even out. I think the morning sickness induced weight loss tends to bounce back pretty quickly but then you'll slow down. That's what I found (or perhaps, hope...) anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet baby girl! I can't wait to find out the name...I'm sure it's wonderful and beautiful, just like Emeline! You look fabulous, friend. And yeah--baby tummy looks basically the same, but my gosh...looks like a different person carrying it! Skinny, hot mama. Can't wait to keep following along with you and baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Half way?! How the heck to 2nd pregnancies fly by like this?? You look great, and I'd love to have a chat w/ Emeline and hear her baby sister's name! Kirsten still doesn't say Simon. :( Someday she will!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great! I can't wait to find out Baby 2's name!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look good momma! And...I want your skinny arms! KISS MY NOT PREGNANT BOO-TAY!

    Congrats on halfway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, having gained only 3-4 lbs is NOTHING! Do not worry, your body is in a totally different place this time. A place where you actually do need to gain weight to grow this baby (considering you just lost the weight of a 5yr old!). Don't worry, feed your baby and yourself. You look great and the most important this is you both are healthy(plus you need some extra weight to feed her once she's here!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My bump is huge already and I have only gained 2lbs so I think it is just different each time. You look tiny! Are you going to do name reveal?

    ReplyDelete
  12. My bump is huge already and I have only gained 2lbs so I think it is just different each time. You look tiny! Are you going to do name reveal?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking great! You really pull off the camera-in-face look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. First time commenter. You are so gorgeous. Do not worry about the weight- that little babe needs to grow. It'll come off so fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't believe your half way already. Feels like just yesterday you announced it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your little bump! Yay half way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goodness you are too stinkin' cute! I can't wait to find out the name! I know y'all are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Does that mean you aren't going to share the name until the baby is born?!?!

    cute post :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have an anterior placenta this pregnancy and I feel this baby move so much more than I did with my first. Probably because I'm all thinned, stretched out, and damaged.

    You're 20 weeks and only gained 3-4 pounds? I can't imagine that has gone to your thighs you must be imagining things. I'm sure I was up 20 pounds by that point. I gain soooooo much when I'm pregnant, it's quite ridiculous really. It came right off last time so I'm hoping and praying that it will this time too. It's ok to pray for weight loss, right?

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look amazing. Seriously. Not just saying that to be nice.
    Can't wait to hear the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look great! I can't believe you are half way done! Hearing that makes me freak out a little because it means I am super pregnant!

    Are y'all sharing baby girl's name before she is born?

    And I know how you feel about the weight gain. Once my sickness went away I started packing on the pounds. I never thought I'd hit 25 pounds this pregnancy but I'm alreay up 19 (probably more - that was about a week ago at my last appointment) after not gaining until like 26 weeks! I have a month left and know I'll probably put on another 5-7 pounds total!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Time is FLYING. I can't believe you're 20 weeks already! Wow. And shut up. You look fantastic. You're nothing but belly. Adorable. I hope the sickness goes completely away. xo

    anywhere-is.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww! You are such an adorable pregnant lady. So much.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gosh! You look adorable! :)

    And can I just say that I really miss you on Twitter? Because I do!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are still so teeny tiny. Such a gorgeous preggo.

    P.S. I miss you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete