Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Little bits & pieces.

I'm 21 weeks tomorrow. Yea, let's just all breathe that in for a second. At first it felt like this all crawled by but now I'm feeling like, simmer down yo. Definitely starting to speed by and as I look ahead at the calendar, I just see things scheduled, and dates ticking by, and realize this baby will be here before I know it.

Me & Baby Girl 2. This morning.
Also, thanking Target for having one cute t-shirt that I like (so I got it in white, too). It's lightweight, and cute, and I love it. I have a severe shortage of stuff that will work through this pregnancy, so I get way too excited about anything that will work.

Speaking of things, and trips, and dates. My first little girl will be TWO here in about....6 weeks? Or so? And whoa. I don't really know if I've mentioned this before, but May is a crazy time in our family with celebrations, and birthdays, etc.  So we decided to take some time over Emeline's Birthday, my Mom's birthday, Mothers Day AND my parents anniversary to go on a special trip to Disney World. Yes, all four celebrations will take place in Disney. Because, why the heck not celebrate at the happiest place on earth?

We're excited. So much so. I've only been to Disney one other time and I was 21 years old.  Emeline can't stop talking about Mickey & Minnie, and while she won't remember the trip per-say, there will be loads of pictures for her to look back on. So, there won't be any big birthday party, because why does she need all that if she's going to spend her big day in Magic Kingdom, having breakfast with characters, you know? We can't wait. 

So my little girl and I? I guess we're twins or something. A few months ago I ran across this photo of me (on the left) around the same age as Eme. I couldn't get over how similar my daughter looked to me at this age. So, naturally I had to compare them side by side. Then, yesterday I put it next to one of Emeline in piggy tails, and a similar little squishy face. Dead. Too cute. And I guess this means she will now go through the awkward middle school years like her momma did. Poor kid.

Sigh. I love her.
We had a really nice Friday morning out today, since Declan is off working the 2nd shift tonight. That rarely happens, but when it does we have to take advantage of our time together in the mornings. We had breakfast at a favorite diner, and ran some random errands to k-mart and home depot. 

Now that we're staying here at the house for at least another year or two, naturally we can't sit still. That's just how we are with house projects. So we're getting a rock patio put in below our deck, just to give us a little more outdoor space to play, maybe install a swing (or two) for Emeline (and her sissy). We're also (finally) putting a storm door on the front. And of course I'll be digging a vegetable garden, somehow, some-way, because tomatoes in your front garden look hideous. Oh, townhouse living. But we make it work.

It's gorgeous out today, but this weekend is calling for rain, rain and more rain for us. I guess we can't complain after all the days of sunshine we've had, yea? :)

Have a great weekend!

36 comments:

  1. you and your tiny bump are just ridiculous... seriously so cute. so glad you got that top. it's adorable!

    dying over the comparison photo of you and eme. total twins! i'm sure you'll be a great support and help through those awkward middle school years. hahahahaha!!

    and DISNEY! so so so excited to celebrate all those fun things with you guys. i'm seriously wishing away april just so this trip can hurry up and get here!

    love you sissy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you lppk beautiful! and my goodness, how precious is that comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, she is her mother's child, FOR SURE!!!!!!

    CANNOT wait for May, and you know what I'm talking about!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for Disney! What a great idea! Y'all will have so much fun! To see it through her eyes will be amazing!

    Happy house work and hope y'all have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!!! That side by side? Eme could be your twin! How insanely cool is that?!

    Hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look awesome! Cutest bump!

    Love the mini-me comparison...she is a clone!

    We will be in Florida over Mother's day too, but on the Gulf side visiting my grandparents. Hope it's not hot as hell-o since it is so warm now. Disney will be so fun seeing it through little eyes - it really is magical (ok, I'm being super nerdy). Can't wait to take Avery when she is a little older.

    Enjoy this gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Disney World is definitely my idea of a perfect birthday party! I make a great tour guide:) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We drove from PA to Disney when I was 38 wks preggo! Still so much fun, and we joked that if I would go into labor we would name her after the state she was born... Virginia, Caroline, or maybe Minnie! But I ended up not having her til 41 weeks. There is nothing like seeing your kiddos face at Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  9. eeep!!! omg disney! Lucky! I have had no desire to go to disney until i had KP now icannotwaittogo!!!!!! so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing. Way to rock it while pregnant. And, you and Emeline look EXACTLY alike. How crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything about this post is fun! The side by side comparison, the trip to disney, the vegetable garden... love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Precious bump. Love the comparison pics of you two. Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are going to disney world for our honeymoon :)

    Both you & Eme are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I stopped reading at Disney World! I've been loads of times, and I've also gone around the time period you are going. If you need any advice or tips, PLEASE email me! I LOVE talking about Disney and I love helping people out!

    You're going to have a great time. And with all those celebrations going on--make sure you let them know. Cause you never know if someone will do something special for you. Ask for buttons for the birthdays and the anniversary and wear them everywhere. They'll get lots of extra attention!

    I took Aidan when he was two and THAT IS MAGICAL.

    Seriously. Email me. Ask me ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I've said this before, but oh my goodness, you two are total twins.

    Your bump is adorable. I got one of those tees too. So comfy. Noah was a summer baby, so trust me when I tell you that come July, you'll be thanking yourself you bought that lightweight shirt!

    I'm already picturing the cute photos of yall at Disney. You're going to have a BLAST. (ps. they have little birthday buttons that will get her special perks... or at least that's how it was when we honeymooned there).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Disney sounds great for Eme! is ALL your family going?

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute bump! So jealous! And Disney, that is awesome!!!! We're going this year, too, in August. Can't wait to see your pics! What character meal are you guys doing? We're doing Chef Mickey at the Contemporary and our reservation for breakfast, is at 7:40....ugh, LOL! Yea we're getting a rainy weekend too...oh well, it was fun while it lasted...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute little bump! And wow, she really does look just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Disney for all those celebrations will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I almost bought that shirt this week. You're looking great for 21 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so much alike, that's so fun :) I pity any future children of mine if they inherit my awkward middle school years, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't believe how alike you and Emeline look! Wow, how neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look great momma! And holy cow, Eme in your twin!!

    How exiting about Disney! We are going in October and cannot wait! Be sure to look into the Disney Jr breakfast at Hollywood and Vine in Hollywood studios! It's a character breakfast with Oso, Jake, Little Einsteins, and a few other Disney Jr characters! I've heard it's never really that busy & if you get an 8am reservation you can get in the park before it opens and get some of the first Fast Passes to Toy Story Mania! My sister lives about an hour from Disney so they go often - if you have any specific questions, shoot me an email and I'm sure she can help y'all out!!

    Typed this on my iPhone so excuse any typos!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Definitely Twins! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nevermind. Disney! Woot woot. That will be so awesome. What a great way to celebrate birthday #2!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You know how sometimes you encounter those people who just stare at you awkwardly? If you see someone doing that at Disney, it's probably me! We're going May 10-15, so we'll be there over Mother's day. I'm really excited. The last time we went, I was 8.5 mos pregnant with Monroe and this time he'll have just turned two! I think he's going to love it. He's really starting to love Mickey and crew and starting to request Jake, too. I may be secretly trying to brainwash him to all things disney before the trip. I want him to love it as much as we do. Our next step is Pooh :) Not sure if he's ready for anything else yet.

    That side by side of you and Eme is adorable! She'll survive those awkward teen years knowing she'll look like her gorgeous mama when she grows up!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are so tiny and cute!

    We just got back from Magic Kingdom, just for the day though, with a 3 year old and 9 month old. Let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  28. hilarious--you totally look like the same kid!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That trip should be soo fun!! I'm working here (Disney World) now doing the college program! I'm not gonna lie... if I think I see you in the park, I might run up and get your autograph haha! Hope ya'll have a really great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lookin' good!! How exciting to be planning a trip to Disney. I'm sure the memories created will last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Holy Momma-Daughter look-a-like!!!

    Ok, so I know huge family trips like that are crazy packed with stuff. However, if you have 30 minutes for a quick cup of coffee/hot chocolate/ice cream, I would totally drive over for a face-to-face meet up.

    And, if you guys have any questions about what to do (or not to do), I pretty much live at Disney World.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look tiny, in a great way, I'm jealous because I'm 34 1/2 weeks now and feeling huge!

    Yay for Disney World. We're going in September and I can't wait. Hubby and I have both been once as a teen but our kids have never been.

    I missed your update about your house but seems like you're at peace with your decision. Will your two girls share a room or will they have their wown? Exciting time for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Holy cow--that shot of you and Eme is SO similar!

    And we also SO need a storm door!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow she really does look just like you! I just did a comparison with Morgan recently and it was very similar.

    How fun about Disney-we are hoping to go soon so cant wait to hear your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You look adorable and I totally have that shirt and wore it in this weeks 15w belly post (how the HELL am I 15w already!?!)

    Holy cute belly!

    ReplyDelete
  36. dude. you and emeline are totally twins. i won't tell you how jealous i am since my child looks nothing like her mama! i really love that y'all have that same little grin. so cute!

    ReplyDelete