Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

On the brink

We're just on the brink of Spring now, finally, it seems anyway. It seems silly saying that because the truth is, we could have a beautiful 70 degree weather week (like this week that's forecasted) and then in true PA form, we'll get 30 degree weather the next week, followed by snow or something fun like that. Because snow in April is something we aren't foreign to.

So around here, when you look ahead at the forecast and see weather in the 60's or 70's? It's party time. Parks are hustling bustling. The zoo's are now packed. The sidewalks at the local Gardens are lined with people. There are picnics being had. Ice cream and water ice being consumed. And smiles all around. Because winter? Ugh. So we are happy when sunshine and warmer days peek through.

This week we're looking at gorgeous weather. And it started yesterday. My playdate calendar (ha, like I have one of those) is filling up, and we're excited about even more daylight with Daddy when he gets home from work. Since Declan was on a business trip Friday and Saturday, we took Sunday to just be together. And after naptime we headed to one of the zoo's we got passes to at Christmastime.

Did we have fun? Well. You can see for yourself.













And cheers to the warmer week ahead ;)

27 comments:

  1. Where in PA do you live? We live in central PA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these photos. You have such a beautiful family and you are looking wonderful! I think the Spring season is putting a little pep in everyone's step these days. Happy Monday mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that last picture! Random question but what lens did you shoot that last one with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love these sunny days! I mean these kind of photos are WAY more fun than ones of you all bundled up INSIDE, yuck! YAY for spring and warm family days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hear the smile in your writing. Thank the LORD for spring time! Here's to a full week of outside and Vitamin D! Enjoy it mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a fun day and the weather must have been lovely too! I look forward to spring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh this makes me so happy! I am so looking forward to Spring. It hasn't quite began peeking in here in Oregon! I adore your photos! The last one is my favorite, you have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute pictures! The weather here in Iowa is warming up, too, and you better believe I am out strolling my daughter on the trails. I love spring!
    (any offers on your house? Do you still have it up for sale?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous family!!! I miss you on Twitter! And your monthly stickers came in! Can you e-mail me your address and I'll get them in the mail?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've been soaking up the sun here too! It's supposed to get in to the high 70s/low 80s this week. I will take it!

    Love those green skinnies! Maybe one day I'll have a mini me to play dress up with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, yall went to the zoo too!! Love the last picture. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the shot of her looking up, just above the duck photo. You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the photo of Emeline looking up...you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I lived in Michigan, I went to a Tigers baseball game on May 2nd and it snowed! That was SO foreign to me, growing up in Florida.... I have pool parties every year for my birthday in May. Crazy northern weather... I loved it though.

    Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun day!! I am loving this weather and DST too. You look adorable btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You guys always look like you have so much fun on outings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your family is too cute! Glad you're out enjoying this beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a blast it looks like you all had. = ) We are in Michigan and sooo excited over our 65 degree weather here. We will take it. YES!! Enjoy the warm weather week.

    Irish

    ReplyDelete
  19. The last photo of the three of you is super cute~
    We also go crazy for warm weather. We even got a beach day last week in California :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. These pictures are great! I especially love the one with Emeline and Declan where she's leaning on his head :) Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love her green jeans! Of course now you have to tell me where you got them... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want to eat her up!!! :)

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the pics! Love them. We're enjoying this week SO SO SO much ... knowing that we COULD get a blizzard next week. Please no. The only problem? It's march break here (there, too?) so the parks are full of crazy big kids who knock my kid over.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely love your pics!!!!!! Your family is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete