Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Stuff

-Thanks so much for all the sweet birthday wishes yesterday. It was a nice day overall, despite dealing with some sickness from the girl (her first ear infection in over a year!) and lack of sleep from the night before. But mostly? My husband made it awesome for me, and I appreciate his thought and attention to detail.

1. Birthday dinner the night before with Declan's side
2. Birthday morning. Surprise! Breakfast in bed. 
3. Way.too.many mini-balloons. I tell him every year to stop. He never listens.
4. Swim class! Daddy got to come for the first time.
5. I got dressed like a human, took a bump pic, and went shopping & had lunch with my sissy.
6. Took Eme to a doctors appointment to tell me what I already figured--ear infection.
7. Enjoyed having daddy there to help us, and witness the sweet cuddle moment.
8. Post-doctor ICEE because in this house you get treats when you're sick.
9. Dressed like humans (again!) & went to dinner thanks to my SIL & BIL still willing to babysit.
10. My beautiful, fancy dinner. Unpictured: Banana Fosters Dessert
11. Thank you, thank you, to everyone who made me feel all super special.

The celebration continues this evening with my family. Sheesh. I'm pooped out from birthday stuff already, but it's nice to be with everyone, for sure.

-I've been taking more photos recently. In fact, this morning I have my third newborn photoshoot in less than two weeks. I took photos for a friend from work, put them on facebook, and then got a slew of messages for more photoshoot opportunities. It's been a really nice little outlet for me and also a great portfolio builder, not to mention some nice little side money.  

-I pulled my back out last night. It freaking sucks to pull out your lower back when you're already lugging a bowling ball around in your belly. I was nervous about doing today's photos alone and dragging all my props, step-ladder, etc by myself, so my awesome sister said she'd come along with me to help out. If I don't say it enough already, I'm beyond blessed by her friendship and love ALL THE TIME. She's the best.

-Thank you SO SO much for all the awesome advice on my post about strollers and sleep. You ladies helped me out so much and now I at least have some knowledge on where to start from valuable resources (you!). So, thank you. I know I couldn't respond to everyone, but I did read every single comment.

-I'm getting way, way excited about Disney. About one month! 

-We're getting a simple rock patio put in below our deck today, and any changes around the house get me all excited about new possibilities and making fun spaces. 

-It's Easter weekend. I love Easter, AND we're looking at pretty nice weather. Little girls in cute dresses on Easter? The best.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! So glad it was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated bday!!!! These pics are precious.

    Your stories about your sister ALMOST make me waiver on Clara being an only child. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! :) I'm glad it was special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful birthday....enjoy the rest of your festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! So much for not having a huge birthday! Now do you find them more special? :) Sounds like everyone went out of their way to make sure you changed your mind!!!

    I tend not to be huge on birthdays. My birthday is so close to Christmas, I was used to people forgetting it. I am still surprised when people not only remember, but if they actually want to celebrate with me.

    I don't understand the people who have HUGE SHINDIGS and celebrate for like a month. It's like REALLY? It strikes me as egotistical. I mean, if someone else wants to do that for the birthday boy or girl or transgendered or transexual person, fine, but for a person to plan their own month-long birthday celebration? Really?

    But that's just me. And I might be bitter just because my birthday had been forgotten so much in the past. :)

    Anyway, I'm glad you had a great one! You look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great birthday! How do you make that collage? I have photoshop elements and am still learning. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday pretty lady! Savor all the fun celebrating because you SO deserve it! :)

    Sweet Eme is just too darn adorable! I love it!!!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Love!!! Looks like you had an amazing couple of days, and you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm jealous of your Disney trip, especially since G is currently obsessed with Mickey and L loves Lightning McQueen. Can we tag along?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you had such a good birthday! And there's so much more good coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy belated bday!

    Worldwide giveaway: 15 Harvey Prince Perfumes Giveaway on my blog
    http://fashionistaera.blogspot.com/2012/04/15-harvey-prince-ageless-perfumes-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, it looked like a wonderful birthday! You look beautiful, and your little is too cute, so glad it was such a special day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...