Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The things she does.

I love documenting the silly and cute and crazy things that Emeline does. As she grows, I'm already learning this is a wild ride we're on.

So at almost 2 years old, here are a few of her silly antics.

***

One of the 'rules' we've implemented since having a child is that bodily noises (aka: burps, but, ew--I hate that word) are followed up with "Excuse Me", always. I don't want her growing up thinking that it's acceptable to just belch loudly without at least an acceptable 'excuse me' if it's an accident, or whatever. So if she hears ANY noise that resembles a burp, even if someone clears their throat, or whatever---she's all "EXCUSE ME, MOMMY (or insert name of culprit)!!!" And it doesn't stop there. Then? She proceeds to make a "fake" burp sound herself and follows it up quickly with, "Excuse Me, Emeline!"

She is the polite-police apparently.

We kind of always felt like when we had kids, we would use the proper names for body parts. We don't really make up cutesy little names. Recently, Emeline learned the word "bagina". Yep. You heard me. I will save the google searches by typing it exactly the way she says it, versus, um, properly

So, the other day I was showering with her, and teaching her how to wash her body with a baby loofa sponge. I told her to wash her bottom, and then she looked up at me with all seriousness and asked, "Emeline wash bagina?

I kind of died laughing inside. But not outwardly. Because, she was so serious. And used it properly. And it was cute. The end.

If you haven't noticed, we are in major TALK IN THIRD PERSON STAGE, and it is freaking adorable. I know I will miss it when the phase ends, so for now we think the third person speak is cute. Because it is.

At dinnertime, once we all sit down, we pray before our meal. She gets way excited to pray, and wants to hold both our hands. Sometimes, Declan and I will make the prayer go longer, squeezing each other's hands signaling to OPEN UP YOUR EYES AND LOOK AT YOUR DAUGHTER, because OMG. It is so CUTE seeing her squeeze her eyes shut intently praying.

Her botched version of ABC's? Ridiculous. I can't even handle it. Yes I'm her mother and yes I'm supposed to feel this way (right?). But her "lalala P!!!!" at L, M, N, O, P is so funny. And "double X" instead of "W, X". 

The other day in the car she goes, "I love Pop Pop, I love Mom Mom, I love Daisy (my parents dog), I love Mommy, I love Daddy........and.........I LOVE POOPIE!!!!!!" and then proceeded to put her hands over her mouth and GIGGLE HYSTERICALLY. Like, she knew she was being a little jokester? Too much.

***

This age is so great. And so challenging. And so cute. I love it.


24 comments:

  1. Toddlers are super adorable. I loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.. this post just made my morning... so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha she is hilarious, this mornings conversation with Madison went something like this "Huni what do you want to do today" Her answer "Pooooo".....great morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poopies and toots are hilarious right now in our house too! This age is the best! Agreed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, she sounds like the silliest little thing! You've got me excited for all the talking! J is still baby babbling but we're adding mor words daily.. I cannot wait for these silly conversations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww she's at such a sweet age!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me so excited for when my daughter is this age! Priceless. I'm glad you could get the recorded before you forgot them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. even though i've heard all these stories already they still make me laugh uncontrollably. that girl is a character!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, the alphabet one cracks me up, because Lizzy does something super similar--that song that goes "The B-I-B-L-E, yes that's the book for me"...Lizzy sings "The ME-I-ME-L-Me...yes that's the book I need!"

    It makes me laugh every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!!!!!

    We tell Emmaline that its a "VA-J-J" so she sometimes when relatives are hlding her she will point out all her facial parts, eyes, ears, nose.. and then stand up like shes going to do a split and say -- "an mines J J"

    ReplyDelete
  11. This makes me smile from ear to ear. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha. This age is the greatest! :) So great that you are documenting everything here to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww so adorable! I can't take all the cuteness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. la la la la P! I die. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahaha "I LOVE POOPIE!!"
    She is a trip! Such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! This is an adorable post! I love that you're keeping track of this kind of stuff, because it's absolutely priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She sounds like a little ham... such a cutie.

    And I agree with the proper names thing. I hope to implement that when the husband and I have babies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would have died lauding when she asked to wash her bagina, that's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This post makes my heart hurt. Why? Because I want our girls to play together and be silly and say crazy things so we can laugh and blog about it. I just love love love their silliness. I seriously feel like my blog could be solely devoted to posts like this where I just rhyme off the silly things she has said/done.

    The third person talk? KILLS ME. It's just starting around here. Most common? "Uh oh. Oopsies. Eea sell, boom boom". (Translation: Uh oh, oopsies, Eva fell and went boom boom). The other hilarious one is that she uses you in place of me, because that's what she hears us say. So instead of saying help me, it's Help you, Mama, when she needs help. I die of the cute.

    And I love poopie? BAH!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all this! And I could totally hear her saying those in my head. You know, completely unstalkerish ;)

    We're in the third person stage too and I LOVE it. I get "Help Ella" a lot and it thrills me to no end to hear it. And I'm so 12, I can't say proper body part names myself so I have a two year old that runs around the house yelling "i got boobies!!!". So yay...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww she sounds like so much fun. I'm in no rush, but I look forward to that age.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this! Carter calls his privates a "PENDIS" lol. He adds a D. And he calls his nipples, "boobie buttons." I just love this age! Your stories of Emeline remind me so much of Carter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...