Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Big 2nd Birthday Recap...Disney style.

I will remember her 2nd birthday forever. FOREVER. I'm not kidding you, it was ranked up there with one of the top 10 best days of my life so far. Maybe even top 5. Truly.

This is gonna be long, but mainly because of photos.

Even though we're away, I wanted to start off her birthday right. I came armed & ready with balloons that I had all blown up so the first thing she'd wake up to was tons of her favorite "bloons!" everywhere. Little miss bed-head truly enjoyed that.

All our family greeted her excitedly, we sung happy birthday to her, she told everyone she's "TWOOOO!" and the happy day had begun. 

After a minor little injury...yep, birthday girl got a bloody lip by tripping & falling into the closet--she was ready & excited to go spend her special day in Magic Kingdom.

(Best view in the house on daddy's shoulders--first look at the castle---so many "wow's!" and "whoa's!"...)

We booked a character breakfast for her birthday at Crystal Palace. Most people who come to Disney and know Magic Kingdom know about this place. It's basically a buffet-style cute little restaurant, with all the Winnie the Pooh characters. 

 (birthday cheesing---meeting eeyore---tigger---and enjoying a birthday cupcake & 'happy birthday' in the morning because that's how we do birthdays at Disney World :) 

(meeting Pooh, and snuggling up with him--meeting Piglet---and hanging out with The Best Daddy Ever.)

After our super fun breakfast (that honestly helped her to warm up to characters)--we came outside to a really fun celebrations parade. 

Emeline was OBSESSED. She spotted "GOOFYYY" right away on a float and she was ecstatic. Aunt Susie put her on her shoulders and we watched, danced, and clapped along with the parade. We even went up to another spot to get a better view of Mickey & Minnie. At this point, Emeline got down & danced in the street with all the other kids. They acknowledged kids celebrating birthdays, special occasions, etc. It was so fun! I have lots of video, too. 



It was shortly after this that we had a very special meet and greet with Minnie & Mickey. This was BY FAR the highlight of my day. And for sure the highlight of Emeline's.

We had fast passes for this, and literally waited about 3-5 minutes until we walked into a room by ourselves and were greeted by THE MAIN MICE themselves. I think Emeline may have passed out for a brief second (kidding). But I know I almost did. I don't know what kind of happy drugs they pump into the air here, but literally--it was magical.

My girl gasped. She smiled big. She looked with wonder. She kissed their noses. She gave minnie the longest hug possible (video below). She high-fived. She examined their hands. They treated her extra special because it was her birthday. She felt like a queen, I just know it.


Video of Emeline hugging Minnie:
(excuse the screaming toddler who was just outside behind us--he was a wreck, poor kid!)


After meeting them we were all a little bit on a high. I know it sounds silly, but REALLY--they make it seem so special. And I think that seeing this through your 2 year old's eyes just adds to it all. It got me a little emotional, honestly. This making memory business can be precious. Okay, it is precious. So much so.


Honestly, the rest of her birthday was low-key, but still so fun. I felt like after the morning we had--we'd made some amazing memories already. We went back to the room, gave the birthday girl a nap, had hours of pool time, where she went down water slides & played at the "donald duck pool" non-stop. We ended it with a simple little meal and a birthday rice-crispy treat.

I put my camera away for the second half of the day so I could just soak it up. Thanks to my iPhone for capturing a few other special memories from that day.


Her smiles were endless. I will bottle up this day forever and remember it and treasure it always. I don't want to be cheesy, but in a way, I do feel cheesy---this place truly is the happiest place on earth.

And what a way to celebrate my gorgeous birthday girl.


***

37 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes and makes me want to be a momma, NOW! You set up such a special day for Emeline and she looks so so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem magical! So glad you're having a great time & making sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!! I literally got tears in my eyes when Emeline met Mickey and Minnie!! It's so awesome that you were able to give her such a great gift! Happy 2nd Birthday beautiful Eme Kay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post in so many ways. So happy the baby girl had a fantastic 2nd birthday. Thank you for sharing your special day when she got to meet mickey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her little sleepy face is so adorable! Sounds like she had the most ncredible day! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, Disney is the happiest place on earth no matter how cheesy. It brings the kid out in all of us. I'm glad you guys got to make such amazing memories that day. It looked wonderful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet!! It made me all emotional haha!! I believe money is best spent making memories. I would rather memories than toys or gifts any day!! What a special way to celebrate your sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so precious and that video make ME tear up. Happy Birthday sweet Emeline!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the perfect birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun! She will remember it forever! It really is the happiest and most magical place on earth! My first visit was at the age of 21 when I started a college internship at Disney. It was amazing then and my last trip almost 2 years ago was just as magical to me. It was like returning home again because there is just no place like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful day full of fun memories that will last a lifetime. You are such a great Momma for celebrating your sweet princess to such a wonderful day. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have so much to say! What an awesome day! I swear on a birthday there is even more love for our children. I think I wake up and my heart is bigger and more in love them on a birthday. Maybe its just the recognition of what an absolutely amazing gift from God they truly are, but my heart swells to BURSTING point on birthdays. I felt your love and excitement and complete and utter joy in this post. It felt like it was almost one of my kids' birthdays. I'm so glad you had such a fantastic day! Honestly It's kinda like you just gave birth again! So I feel like saying congratulations. After I watched the minnie mickey hug video (which was super cute) I saw the clip of Steven with your Dad. I loved it! I love seeing your dad with you guys. Its this gentle happy humble man who loooves his kids. Its all over his face. Both your parents are amazing. And then Steven is a MAN! He's all grown up and full of personality and and a MAN... geez. Any way I feel your joy with you and am so happy for you. Glad it was everything you knew it would be. Even more blessings to you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, I totally understand. We went to Disney World for our honeymoon and the whole "magical" feeling never goes away. It's amazing. They really do go out of their way to make you feel so special. I can't wait to take Noah. Glad Eme had such a perfect 2nd birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing birthday and vacation! Can't wait to see more photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your instagram feed has been killing me with amazing memories and fun. All of a sudden I have an intense desire to take my babies to Disney! :) what an amazing day for your sweet girl!! And....I totally think she looks like her cousins in that bday picture! Her hair almost looks strawberry blond.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing 2nd birthday! She is sooo precious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing Birthday!!

    Mines in a few weeks. Wanna plan it?

    Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok, a few things here:

    1.) Disney for a kids birthday is the cutest thing ... ever!

    2.) Emeline is adoarable :)

    3.) The video made me tear up!

    4.) Dude, your brother totally looks like Justin Timberlake.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait till we go to disney in 4 months :)

    Where are you guys staying?

    Your pics are awesome, she looks like she had an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. seems like it truly was a memorable day! Happy birthday Emeline!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness...that is just too amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It was magical as an adult so I can't imagine seeing it through a child's eyes. This probably made her year. So glad your sweet girl at a Disney dream birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww, that video almost made ME tear up a little, how super duper special! I hope hope hope she remembers this! I haven't been to Disneyworld, but have visited Disneyland. I know what you mean about the happiness! It really is like the pump some sort of drugs into the air ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an amazing birthday! Sounds like a wonderful time, so many precious memories. You guys did it right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would LOVE to have a birthday at Disney World, but seeing as mine is December 20, and that's when it gets crazy crowded AND expensive, I don't think so! :)

    Going for my honeymoon was a nice alternative, though.

    LOVE that video and the pictures. Oh that poor baby screaming in the background--I'm so glad Em didn't let it get to her. Also, two is a AWESOME WONDERFUL SUPER age to go to Disney World, as you saw. I remember taking Aidan at age 2 and OH MY GOODNESS. He too, would not let go of Minnie, LOVED Goofy (Fooky is what he called him), and well, it was incredible.

    YAY Disney! :)

    I hope to get back there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy birthday to Eme! What a special day!

    PS- She just looks like such a big kid in all these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness. I teared up watching her hug Minnie Mouse! That is the most precious moment. Disneyworld has a special place in my heart because it's where we spend most of our family vacations with my husband's family - and we are taking my nephew there in August for his first celebration. He'll have no idea what's going on but we'll have the pictures to look back on and smile. E will have these memories forever! What a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This looks absoultly amazing. Looks like you and she had a wonderful time. i have been reading your blog for awhile now. i just started by own blog you should follow me! http://boo2010.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love, love, LOVED this!!!!!

    I'm so glad you guys had a great time! Her 2nd Birthday is something that none of you will ever forget.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So special! Made me teary a little bit thinking about Mia and how special this time is with her too.

    Love all the pictures!

    Now I need to go to Disney for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am just catching up, but I LOVE this!! So, so glad she had such a good time. Her joy is all over face!! You guys did good :) Happy (late) Birthday Eme! Your SC buds send you hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hands down, Disney is one of the biggest reasons why I'm pumped to do the kids thing some day. E's excitement is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Memories bottled up forever! What a precious 2nd birthday for her & your family. The pictures speak for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, what a way to celebrate!!!

    Happy belated Birthday to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. We'll probably have a beautiful experience too when I bring my family for a Disneyland trip. Fantasy Rides in Disney, I heard are great.

    ReplyDelete