We had one of those weekends that is mostly empty, but yet, so full. And no, I don't mean in a cute heart-felt-full way, although, now that I think about it--there WAS a lot of full-heart moments this weekend. I meant that I'm really good at packing up a weekend with odds-n-ends despite having 'no plans'.
You see, nesting has kicked in. Not in all areas (as my dirty toilets and dusty sills can attest), but in certain areas for sure. We spent a lot of time this weekend doing garage clean-outs (seriously, storing baby/kid stuff will be the death of me! no space. grrr.), cleaning out cars, etc. I even (for the first time in way too embarrassingly long to admit) took apart Eme's car seat, cleaned the cover, scrubbed that sucker down and vacuumed it out. And? Ew. That is all.
But we also balanced out the
1. Friday night: Kicking off the holiday weekend with some back patio fun
2. Mac, totally lounging like the lazy pup he is. We love him.
3. My $15 desk & chair find for a work station I plan to make in my kitchen.
4. A little sunnin' action for momma while Emeline napped
5. At the park, she picked flowers & loved on her daddy.
6. Our ice cream date.
7. I made mini-strawberry-shortcake cups for our cookout.
8. We got a little patriotic for Memorial Day.
9. Cannot deny the cuteness of a baby bikini, no sirree.
---After Friday night, Saturday & Sunday Funday--we still had the big Memorial Day cookout at my parents house. My dads birthday normally falls on or close to this day, so we also celebrate him! (His birthday happens to be today! Happy birthday daddio. smooches.)
My parents house and yard is the best (although it would be way better with a pool, just sayin'). They set up all sorts of water'ish fun for the kids, they have a trampoline, a swingset, ladderball & washers for the adults--lots of beer, soda, and ridiculously good cookout food.
And well--the rest of Memorial Day was history.
Put it in the books. Summer has begun.