Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Hello Baby Deux: 30 Weeks Update

**I just want to start this off by saying, thank you. So much. My family felt the prayers that were offered up for us, my grandmom and my poppop. We felt them, so much so. This last week has been a whirlwind and honestly? I feel kind of like a freight train hit me. Lots of travelling, lots of intensive family time, lots of goodbyes and cries and hugs and hand holding. My Poppop passed away on Wednesday evening at 8:30pm. He lived a great life, and was an amazing guy, which makes his lost presence hard to handle, for sure. I'm not sure when/if I'll write about this any more--but I didn't want to ignore it after Tuesday's post. So, thank you.**

---

I want to update on this baby. I just feel like I need to. Besides, we're at a milestone, people! 30 WEEKS. *blink blink blink* How did this happen?  Some days I have moments of OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE WILL BE A BABY HERE SO SOON. Other times, I have moments of, TEN MORE WEEKS? I'M GONNA DIE. So, to say my emotions are a little all over the place about this--okay, it's a bit of an understatement. Plus? I've done a whole lot of NOTHING for this poor kid. 



The Babe
Everything seems right on track. She's hiccupping multiple times a day (which I have to say, drives.me.crrrazzy), just like her sister did. Which I know means one thing--I need to stock up on gripe water now. Holy cow, Emeline had hiccups as a newborn so often, and lots in the womb--so we're doomed. She moves around most at night when I'm sitting still. Just like Emeline, my walking around, daily-routine stuff keeps her pretty much (what seems) asleep, then when I want to sit down and relax, my belly is party time.

The Momma
I passed my glucose test with flying colors. My doc told me I'm the picturesque pregnant woman, my levels of everything are always good, no blood pressure issues, no protein in urine, passing the glucose test & such--now let's just hope I somehow didn't jinx that. My hips are sore. I FEEL more pregnant these days. But then sometimes I'll still have moments of not feeling pregnant at all. It's weird. I am, though, starting to get more uncomfortable in the ribcage area. I think she's just getting bigger.

The Bod
Meh. We're good, no swollen ankles or feet yet. But I'm up 19-20lbs or so. Still in all my size small maternity stuff, so I don't feel too bad. But I have already mentally signed up for multiple 5K's and weight watchers :) Ha. We'll enjoy the rest, give myself a few weeks, then it's back to business in the body arena. 

The Big Sis 
She's the best. Rubs my belly unprompted. Talks about being a 'sister'. Tells people her name. Asks if she can talk to her through the "hole" (my belly button), and gives her "huggies & keeses". 

We're just soaking up our time of just her in our lives. That's my main focus this summer. 

***

10 weeks to go!! eeee!

---

Came across some photos of me at 30 weeks with Emeline, so I decided to mimick it this time to see the difference. I think I'm a bit smaller this time around. You be the judge!

THIS PREGNANCY:

LAST PREGNANCY:

***

27 comments:

  1. You look great! It's crazy to see the differences in pregnancies and see how toned you are now. The 10 weeks will totally fly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing, like a model pregnant lady! Big difference between 1 and 2! Is the necklace the same b/c it's hanging so much lower in these pics than in the last which shows how much smaller you are this time! Amazing! Here's to a comfortable rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks good that everything goes well!! I can't wait to meet the second little princess

    ReplyDelete
  4. How on earth are you at 30 weeks already?!! You look great and so tiny, I think I am almost the same size and I am six weeks behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are adorable and look great! I hope things continue to go so well until baby girl is ready to arrive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about your PopPop.

    You look beautiful. Keep up the good baby growing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are definately smaller this time Katie, no worries!! Just enjoy every moment! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous! I think you are carrying smaller than before. But you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the comparison pics, how you're wearing the same thing. And the way Emeline is talking to and rubbing your belly sounds beyond adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie my thoughts & prayers are with you & your family. Great post on baby #2. Oh and you are way way smaller this time round! You are beautiful regardless!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely smaller. And so super cute!

    Glad you received so much support with you poppop's passing. Losing a grandparent is never easy, even when you know they lived a wonderful life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photos at the end! Yep you are smaller but that's expected with the weight loss.

    When the time comes I'll be checking here and fb every hour to find out what her name is. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so stinking adorable! I think I hate you a little bit! ;) You look great! Definitely smaller this time. Can't believe there are only 10 weeks left! Can't wait to see baby girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry to read about your grandpa. Your family will continue to be in my prayers!

    Also, I think you look great, and I can't wait to "meet" the little one (of course) but also to watch you get your bangin' body back--I feel like watching you do it will give me hope, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look wonderful! I can't wait to see this sweet baby's face and hear her name!! And I agree that you are smaller this time!

    Still praying for your family as you cope with this loss.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh! Love the comparison pics! I sure wish I would have done that w/ my pregnancies. Next time around for sure! :)

    PS: I love, love, love your hair so much better as a brunette! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look soooo pretty. Such a perfect little preggo!

    At 30 weeks, I was totally in the "ZOMGGGG the baby will be here in 10 weeks/HOW CAN I SURVIVE THIS FOR 10 MORE WEEKS?" mindset. Now, suddenly, I have no idea how, I'm almost 36 weeks. There is no more "how will I survive" mentality. It is all BABY! ONE! MONTH! GAHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these pictures! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can definitely see that you're smaller this time around. Yay for all the good news regarding the pregnancy! That's great that things are going so well.

    And I am still praying for you and you family. That is such a tough thing to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look great! I have another friend who's pregnant right now with her 2nd girl, and her little 2 yr old talks to her baby sister through her belly button too. lol. So cute.

    Noah got the hiccups ALL the time. It was so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look SO good at 30 weeks! I just hit 20 weeks today and praying I look as good as you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the comparison pics! Looking good!! I can't believe she is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm sorry for your loss, Katie.

    But you are TOTALLY smaller this time around. All over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You can really tell by your arms that you're in really great shape. They're a lot more toned than last time. But you look amazing in both sets of photos.
    My baby was a huuuuuuge hiccup-er too, in and out of the belly.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My sister told me about your blog today. I love it and you look amazing! Congrats on baby #2!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hot Mamma!! Looking good!! :)

    ReplyDelete