Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Let's count to ten.

1. This weekend while we were driving home, Emeline in the back seat, out of the blue she starts counting from one to ten in spanish. It was perfect. Flawless, actually. And Declan and I looked at each other, dumbfounded. And kind of amazed. And then my husband goes, "Welp, guess we can thank Dora for that." Hysterical. But not all true. Just partially ;)

2. I have been craving alone time like whoa. Sometimes, I just want to go out, after she's in bed, and browse the aisles of any store, as slowly as I want without having to sing the ABC's a million times, or pick up her sippy cup for the 10th time, or point out every Mickey we pass. The other night I spent upwards to two hours in friggin' Walmart. You know how I feel about Walmart. BUT IT WAS HEAVEN. I had a list, and I actually left with everything on the list. And? I didn't care how long the lines were for checkout when I'm all by myself--go figure.

3. My little brother is a pretty talented photographer. While we're in Disney next week, he'll be taking some family pictures for us on the resort. You know, like family maternity-type pics. So of course the last few days I spent obsessing over our outfits. I get grand ideas in my head and then when it comes to executing them? I CAN NEVER find what I want. So then I settle. And I'm just meh about it. But I don't have time anymore and I'm just sticking with what we have. I think...

4. Thanks for the prayers for my Pop Pop this past week. He's now home on hospice, has a bedroom all set up right in front of the television in the living room, so he can still watch his Phillies, and my grandmother can bug him, I mean, take care of him 24/7 ;) It was so nice to visit him this week in that environment. Totally, totally different countenance about him being home.

5. Instagram users: Did you know about some of the websites where you can view instagram online? It also makes it really easy to grab your pics for blog posts, etc, without having to email them to yourself. Try out http://statigr.am/, you.are.welcome. (There are a few other sites, Statigr.am is my favorite so far.)


6. I contemplate sponsorship all the time on this blog. It gets a lot of hits, has a lot of faithful readers, much more so than google friend connect can even count, but the logistics of dealing with it? Yikes. I just don't have time to stay on top of it. I need a blog manager. Any takers? :)

7. Disney World Countdown: Exactly one week from THIS VERY SECOND (8:10am) I will be in the air. Yep. I have the Disney excitement. My kid is going to convulse from all the mickey/minnie overload. My brother, his wife & my nieces and nephew are there this week and seeing the instagrams are getting me so.so.so excited. Eeeee!

8. Speaking of which, my blog won't sit idle. I will have a few posts, and also a few of my very favorite writers will be guest posting here. Don't you dare skip them, SERIOUSLY, because they are talented and true gems.

9. Every single day I find dressing my pregnant self increasingly harder. I don't want to be a frumpy pregnant lady, but at home I'm in yoga pants and a tank top most of the time. When I go out, I try...I do...but I wish it came easier.

Trying to pick a few nicer outfits for some dinners at Disney

10. Emeline is getting two family birthday celebrations before we go away, one with each side of the family. Since everyone won't be together, everyone wants the chance to do the whole birthday thing and I don't blame them. So we've got one tomorrow night at our house, and one Saturday at my parents. I'm pretty sure she's gonna think her birthday lasts for two weeks. 

***

Phew. That got long.

Have a happy Tuesday, ok? Ok. :)


26 comments:

  1. Please share where you were shopping for maternity wear - I'm having the hardest time not finding only frumpy things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dora is the only reason I know a little bit of Spanish.
    I am completely in love with that first outfit you're wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way, sweats and t shirts at home but I have to try and be presentable in public and it is definitely getting harder! Have a greattttt time in Disney : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all of the outfits you have picked are SO cute! You look great! And as for the sponsors...some days I wonder if it's more hassle than it's worth, if I'm being honest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel ya on the pregnancy dress. Where did you get those maxi dresses by the way in your pics, they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just wondering yesterday how I could get my instagram photos online without the hassle of emailing myself and going through that mess! THANK YOU!

    Love all the outfit choices for disney, ecspecially the dresses!

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just wondering yesterday how I could get my instagram photos online without the hassle of emailing myself and going through that mess! THANK YOU!

    Love all the outfit choices for disney, ecspecially the dresses!

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DISNEY!?!!? So exciting! I want to go. I plan on going someday when all of my kids are old enough to remember it...plus that will give me plenty of time to save for it because it's going to cost a small fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  9. DISNEY!?!!? So exciting! I want to go. I plan on going someday when all of my kids are old enough to remember it...plus that will give me plenty of time to save for it because it's going to cost a small fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Disney! :) And thanks for the Statigr.am info, it is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the instagram site!

    And I hear you about the sponsors. Not that my little blog is big enough for that, but if it ever is, I am 99.999% sure I won't go that route. It's just not for me. For lots of reasons.

    So jealous of your Disney trip! The boys saw a Disney commercial the other day and both went bonkers. I told B we HAVE to take them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank You Dora!!

    And look at you rocking those dresses! Girl you got it going on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of the reasons I love your blog is because you don't shove sponsors down your readers' throats. There are some blogs I boycott the first week of every month because all it is is sponsors this, sponsor that. So annoying! Some people are shameless about it too.

    So excited for your Disney trip! You guys will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love how real you are girl, thank you for being you.

    gorgeous outfits, gorgeous you, gorgeous belly!

    i hear you on the browsing stores alone. there is something so serene about it! ;)

    sponsors are a tricky balance i've learned already! i'm taking a break in may to figure some stuff out. you have to do what is best for you of course! i love supporting other businesses and uplifting others and their dreams, you know?

    your disney trip is going to be so wonderful! can't wait for you!!! :)

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing about any of those photos of you says frump. You are the hottest preggo I know. My shirts don't cover my belly and I wear sweats all the time. Now THAT is frump.

    Also, send me what you ended up with for your photo outfits

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your random thoughts posts are some of my absolute favorite from you...I feel like we're sitting over coffee, catching up on what's been going on lately.

    Please, oh please, catch Eme counting in Spanish and video it for us! I can only imagine how precious that is.

    Thanks for the heads up about the viewing Instagram online...i've been wondering that a lot lately! Leave it up to you to let us all in the know :)

    I am so pumped about y'alls Disney trip...y'all are going to have the BEST time. Eme is just going to love every second of it. I can't wait to see pictures.

    You are such a gorgeous pregnant Momma...you look amazing. Be proud of that baby bump, because you wear it well :)

    Happy Tuesday, love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally love the comment above me (Meg G) so many blogs in my readers are just giveaways or sponser posts. Nothing wrong with that but everyday? BORING.

    so glad grandpa is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so excited for your Disney trip, know that I will be living vicariously through your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm going be living vicariously through your Disney trip so you will have to share lots of pictures! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your outfits are seriously the cutest, and you have the most cutest baby belly eva!!! Love it! And THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH for the heads up on Statigram! I needed this! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. dude. seriously, i NEVER looked that cute pregnant. if it ever happens for me again, can you just shop for me?! please??

    and i'm with you on the sponsor hesitation... i'm kind of over every single blog being all "this is my sponsors" every month. it wasn't as annoying when it was just a few but now...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know battling the frump is hard, but you're doing it well! You look adorable!

    Have fun at Disney! I can't wait until Sofia is old enough to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am desperate for alone time. I've been looking forward to my shower tonight, just so I can be by myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Alone time is like crack around here. I crave it. I yearn for it. I get desperate and get a wild look in my eyes for it and tell my husband if I don't get some "RIGHT NOW" I may lose my mind. Totally get it.

    I have those two dresses. The second and third photos. Lol. I love them, in spite of the fact that the one is like 5 years old. (Although, I don't look nearly as cute.)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the tip off to Statigram - I wondered how everyone always posted all of their Instagram photos all the time! & you always look cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...