Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pregnant friends from afar...a (hilarious) guest post by Lindsay.

How do I intro Lindsay? Seriously. I'm just shaking my head & laughing over here...this girl cracks me up. My Canadian BFF. My sister from another mister. A true friend, despite distance, and having ever gotten to physically hug her around the neck (yet). Check her out on her own blog, but first enjoy this TMI post (at my expense) about how we got each other pregnant. Yea. You heard me.
***
I’ve known Katie for a long time. Forever, really. Okay, not so much. We “met” in the big old blog world when we were pregnant with our first daughters – just a few weeks before she gave birth to hers and a few months before I gave birth to mine. We clicked and became fast friends. I’d like to say that we truly helped each other survive that first year of parenthood and neither of us would have made it out alive without the other. I can’t speak for her, but I know she has certainly helped me through some difficult times in mothering. And I don’t see that stopping anytime soon as we approach (are already finding ourselves balls deep in?) the terrible twos.

Since we’ve traveled this road of pregnancy, childbirth, infancy and toddlerhood together once before, and are now in the throes of doing it again – I figured it was only appropriate for my guest post on her blog to relate to babies. And specifically? I’m here to share with you the story of how Katie and I got each other pregnant.

Way, way back, sometime late last summer/early last fall, we both start casually tossing around ideas about potential second babies. I’m not even sure which one of us broached the subject first. I think it was Katie. Yes. It was Katie. I’m definitely blaming Katie.

If you’ve ever been there before, you know how the whole “Baby Fever” thing works. It starts out with innocent, casual thoughts and questions. Am I ready? Is my husband ready? Am I in the right place in life to add to my family again? Is my first born ready? Is my body ready? These kinds of questions started worming their way into Katie and I’s conversations. Innocent, I tell you. We were cautiously dipping our toes in the shallow end of baby making, so to speak.

But then slowly, things started shifting. The conversations became less casual. Less innocent. If I’m being completely honest with you, we became obsessed. Everywhere we looked there were babies. Pregnancy announcements. Cute “Big Sister” paraphernalia. Adorable teeny weeny outfits. I’m fairly confident that we were each other’s own worst enemies – making the baby fever extra fierce. Instead of just casually discussing baby making stuff here and there, we couldn’t speak (ahem, text, DM, heytell, chat) with each other for more than .3848 seconds before one of us blurted out something along the lines of, “Are you pregnant yet because I’m not and I’ll kill you if you are”.

It wasn’t long until we each realized that we!needed!another!baby!right!now!... and it all went downhill from there. This is when we got really serious. We started talking baby names, womanly cycles, dates, and well, this may embarrass Katie (sorry, girlfriend) but we may or may not have even occasionally reported to each other when we, ya know, attempted to make it happen. Why? I’ll never know.

And then when the time rolled around for us to start peeing on plastic sticks? That is when the photo texts starting flying back and forth from Pennsylvania to Ontario and vice versa. “Is that a line? Do you see a line? I think I see a line. No. Can’t be. There’s no line. IS THERE A BLOODY LINE?

If you are a reader over at my lil’ blog, you may remember that it took me a few different tests over the course of a week or so until I finally broke down and shelled out the big bucks for a digital test, where I was told, as clear as day, that I was, indeed pregnant. And guess who was the first to know? You got it. My sweet American side kick. It’s a good thing my husband doesn’t immerse himself in the blog world or else he may be disappointed to find out that he actually wasn’t number one on my list.

Fast forward to a few weeks later and we did it all again. While I had my head in a toilet puking my brains out, Katie was also up close and personal with a toilet. Only, she was sitting on it, chilling out in the comforts of her very own Target bathroom POAS. And, of course, later that day my phone was a-buzzing as I received photographic evidence of the Target bathroom stall episode and a detailed play by play of how Emeline told her Daddy she was going to be a Big Sister.

I’m pretty sure I’ve never been more excited than I was on that day. Okay, maybe I was more excited on the days I found out I was pregnant with my own children and the day I gave birth. But, you know what I mean. All of our dreams were coming true and, once again, we’d get to go through it all together. Even closer together this time. And besides... as an added bonus, I knew I’d no longer have to hear about the ‘details’, if you will. ;)
 So there you have it...the story of how Katie and I got each other pregnant.
***

16 comments:

  1. Bahahaha.. Awesome post! I need to get pregnant for a third time and time it with my bff now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not tell you how hard this made me laugh! Friendships made through blogging are truly a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! You two crack me up! Love the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I love this! I have a similar story of me and my SIL getting each other pregnant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exactly why I'm staying away from you two. Because I SO don't need any more babies. You're contagious. The both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!!!!! You two girls crack me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for letting me invade your space, Katie ... even though I spent most of the time revealing your little secrets. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute story! I found out I was pregnant with my second in a Target bathroom as well. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha great story Lucy Marie! Y'all are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh! I <3 you all! :) Totally hilarious, but so true when it comes to BFFs and sharing their *ahem* BD attempts to make a human w/ their genitals. :P

    Cannot wait to "meet" your little bundles SOON!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww that's too cute. I wish I had someone to share my pregnancy with, but it's months too late for that. Maybe with my next one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad I stopped by and read this. You had me LOL through the entire post! Seriously hilarious!
    and here in my little corner of the world I thought I was the only 'crazy woman' planning the same deal with my lifetime bff.
    P.S: Elen hope you don't hate me for confessing our plan ;) I'm totally blushing over here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this story! Ha! I remember the day my best friend called me to tell me she was pregnant. She said, "Okay, you need to get pregnant now." And I did! We wanted to be pregnant together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with Jess on this one.. I need to stay far away from y'all!! ;)

    Cute story. You ladies make me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete