Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Stuff in my Head...

I know that vacations are awesome. I know that they're jam-packed full of precious memories. I also know that sometimes my brain is on overload when I get home, and I'm not quite ready to process it all just yet. Or to post photos from it on here. Mainly because I just lived that for a week.

Now I'm home and returning to some sort of normalcy and real life again. I need to assemble that. And returning to normality is being back to regular schedule programming with getting to write or post pictures of whatever the heck I feel like. Also, I don't want to be all Disney!Disney!Disney! crazy either. I mean, I like Disney, it's cool and all, but I'm also not one of those Mickey-ears-wearing-types, either. (More power to you if you do. Also, is it a LAW that you have to wear the bride/groom Minnie/Mickey ears if you just got married, like, every.single.day, 'cuz ferrreal.)

So anyway.

There's nothing quite like getting back to your bed. Seriously. I think I take the comfort of it for granted after being home for so long. But my bed? Is oh so good. Like a perfectly made sleep zone for me and me alone. Okay, Declan can sleep here, too. Okay, he does.

Also,  I missed my pregnancy pillow. Yes, I use one of those ginormous (great wall of china) "C" shaped pillows and I'm not ashamed. It's one of the reasons I tend to sleep like a baby up until the end of my pregnancies. Sleeping with three pillows at the hotel was overrated. One at my head, one under my belly, one behind my back. I was over it. So yes. Pregnancy pillow, I missed you.

There's nothing quite like being slapped in the face with normal-life though when you get home and your dog has chronic diarrhea (sidenote: I can never spell that word without looking it up) throughout the night. Oh yea, that's fun. And it always happens when we go away, too. It's like, WELCOME HOME MOM AND DAD, NOW CLEAN UP AFTER ME SNITCHES.

It's a good time. EXCEPT WHEN IT'S NOT.

To his defense (baha. I defend my pup. Sue me.), we did keep him at the kennel this time, and for some reason his transition back home is always rough on him. It takes a day or two to adjust him back. I have no idea the reasoning, but he's always been sensitive to small changes (environments, food, etc).

And now that I've talked about my dogs feces for the world to see--oh look! a chicken!

Back to talking about less gross things.

Emeline is still sleeping this morning. She's been asleep for almost 13 hours so far. Disney Hangover say whaaaa? She missed her bed, too. Although I have to say that she did amazzzing in the sleep department there. I'm so glad with how easy it was. More on that later when I write another post buzzing in my head.

More normal-life. This morning I have to go drink The Drink and do my glucose test. I'm about a week or two behind on that, but the trip messed me up. The doctor said it wouldn't be a big deal pushing it back to this week. So this morning I get to go drink a syrupy orange drink in a waiting room, play on my phone for an hour while trying not to pass out from the sugar-coma it puts you in, then get poked & prodded by needles. Fun! Although, in a weird way I'm looking forward to the alone time. (Funny how things in my prior life, I hated-like gynecology appointments, dentist appointments, bloodwork, etc become things I look forward to as a mother. Pathetic, really.)

I'm getting more excited to meet the baby in my belly each and every day. I find myself day dreaming about a little newborn again. The sweet smell. The kisses. The little toes and fingers. I'm getting really giddy about it all. And yet, I'm so not ready at the same time. Weird how that works.

Also, she is like a little ninja in there. Must have been all the ICEE's.

***

I guess that's enough of nothing for today.

***

Okay, I lied. 'Gonna start posting some pics here and there. These all came from my Momma's birthday night (May 9--the day before Eme's birthday!).




Happy back to real life Wednesday!

25 comments:

  1. Welcome home! That yellow dress looks so pretty on E! Gorgeous! So glad you had a blast, not so glad about the poop {I can't spell the D word either}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought that dress you're wearing for my birthday last week... I LOVE IT! Welcome home =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your maxi dress! I put on 60 lbs with my first baby (lost it all by 9 months!) and I'm really hoping to look as great as you with my second (when we decide that's a good idea). I need to get my butt in gear and start running again... just need to make the "me" time a priority. Can't wait to see more Disney pics - we're planning on going for Lily's 3rd birthday (Oct 2013!!) and I am already so excited :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do this every time we come home from a vacation. I feel like my blog NEEDS all the pictures and recaps from the trip, but all I want to do is get settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel... as fun as vacations are, there is something about walking into your house that just feels so darn good!
    Also, where did you get that adorable maxi dress? I've been looking for one my whole pregnancy and haven't found any that aren't strapless or weird... don't they know preggos CANNOT go sans bra?! Duh :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, coming back to the real world after Disney is like coming home from a different planet. Suddenly your not surrounded by princesses and giant Pooh bears and amazing service. You got to come home to a whole different kind of poo (HA. I know, so clever).
    And for the record, Brad and I never wore those hats on our honeymoon. But we did get buttons (it was the year they were doing celebrations for everyone) that gave us special privileges. :)

    Love the pictures! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, where did you get the yellow dress???!!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh kater... the way you write always makes me chuckle. maybe because you write exactly how you would say it IRL and being your sister i know exactly how it would sound... but yeah... sorry about mac-a-boy and all the poop shenanigans.

    loved spending the week with you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have that same problem with our dog everytime we go away. One time, it would not go away and we realized it was giardia (he was fine once the meds ran through him). However, it kept happening other times with no cause. We finally talked to the vet and they said a lot of dogs get anxiety when their owners are gone for an extended period of time. They prescribed us anxiety meds (precription but less than $10 for quite a lot). While I felt uneasy about it the first time, it did just the trick. Their is a doggy cam at the place we use and he was his happy go lucky self all day running around and playing, but he was perfectly fine when we brought him home with no upset tummy. Just a though if you are interested in trying it out :) The clean up for us was NOT fun after work! We were desperate. Also, we were told boiled chix and white rice helps to calm their stomachs and bind them up if they do have the runs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is your dress non-maternity, cuz ZAMN GIRL! You look hottt! I would love to get one for myself!

    I haven't been to Disney but I think if I saw bride/groom ears I might have to vomit a little.

    Sorry about the doggie poo! That is no fun. Every time we bring our dog home from the kennel I say a prayer that she hasn't forgotten her manners and won't pee/poop in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i always joke that i need a vacation after every vacation :) take your time getting back to the "normal". love the photos! you look gorgeous, and the girl of yours? GAH, i die from her cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back home! I hope your sugary drink test goes well and you pass!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's TOTALLY a law because wearing those ears often grant you free things and treats and lots of attention. :) On our honeymoon, we wore the ears every day and we got free champagne, free desserts (one of them being Dole Whips), a pin, Fast Passes, all sorts of happiness. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel ya on sleeping in your own bed after being on vacation.

    Beautiful pictures! Looked like you guys had a great time.

    Emailing you the Dora potty chart now btw.

    ReplyDelete
  15. we went to disney on our honeymoon in january and my new hubby refused to wear the mickey groom ears!! so i wore the minnie bride ears all by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the family photo of you guys holding E's hands. And just curious, do you send your own food with Mac to the kennel? Ours had trouble too but we started sending their own food with them, definitely helped.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will admit I'm on those crazy Disney-ears wearing people so I got excited that you were taking the family to Disney. It got me SO excited to take my nephew in August, even though he's so young he won't remember it. I hope you guys had a blast! From the pictures, it looks like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look beautiful in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katie, you look gorgeous! I'll admit I am currently sleep deprived with my four month old and want to know how you got emeline to sleep in her crib. I've been asking all mommies because I'm clueless and overwhelmed....

    ReplyDelete
  20. If you don't tell me THIS INSTANT where to find that black maxi, I will just up and DIE.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that... looking forward to doctor and dentist appointments - alone. I got excited to go get my oil changes the other day - just because my little was staying home with daddy and I could read a magazine in quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is hard to adjust back to "normal" life when you go on such an amazing trip!

    We are off to the beach for a week soon and I cannot wait but I dread the crazy laundry, etc. after we return. Not going to think about that right now... ;)

    Also, I ADORE Emeline's dress in these shots, I MUST know where it is from... those colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I left my pregnancy pillow at a hotel when I was like 34 weeks pregnant. It was a terrible idea to bring the pillow. the following 4 weeks I slept like crap. I was too cheap to buy another one though after I was so foolish to leave it at the hotel.

    ReplyDelete