Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Let's not forget this stuff.

I forget sometimes how much this little person takes in. The answer is EVERYTHING. It's also helped me realize a lot of things about myself, the quirks I have (because I see them coming out in her), my repeat sayings, the faces I make. She copies everything, and holy cow--if anything is an awakening it's that.

***

She is very compassionate and thinks of others. When my grandmother was by my pop pop's bedside a few weeks ago, crying, Emeline took notice--unprompted she walked to the other side of the room, got a tissue from the box and quietly slipped it into her hand, and then gave her a gentle little hug. Seeing her sincere compassion made me cry.

This morning, even--we were laying in bed just hanging out after she'd woke up. I muttered something like, "ohhh I'm so tired!" (which, let's be honest--at a billion weeks pregnant I kind of feel like I've been hit by a bus every morning), when she leaned over, patted my arm and said sweetly, "Go night-night, Momma."

She knows when she's hurt someone's feelings and she HATES it. I think it eats her up inside. Because if she does something she thinks is silly, but it actually hurts and I (or someone else) says something about that hurting, or making us sad, she instantly says, "I so sowwy, ______, I kiss it", or "I give huggies".  Sometimes it doesn't even require you to say anything, she can just see sadness and will respond with an apology and a hug.

On this same note, if we're leaving friends or family and for some reason she's in a mood and doesn't want to give hugs or kisses to say goodbye, she ALWAYS regrets it minutes later. We'll be walking out the door and she'll start crying that she neeeeds to give kisses and hugs to ____, _____, _____ (and she'll name everyone she just denied)--ha. Often times we'll go back and get the goodbyes done properly, but sometimes if we can't, she'll just sit in the car on the drive saying over and over, "bye bye Pop Pop....bye bye aunt susie...."...etc.

She says sorry to everything and everyone and we're trying to get her to understand she does NOT have to be sorry for everything. Example: She drops her milk and she goes, "Aww, I sowwy milk!" Pretty sure the inanimate objects don't need apologies, kid. Also, say--Mac runs by her and knocks her down or something? SHE will be the one saying "Oh, I sowwy, puppy!" So, we're working on that. ;) I also know this is something most kids do.

She's become a better eater lately. And? She even compliments my cooking, which, let's be honest---is not exactly The Best Out There. Out of no where she'll go, "Mmm! It's so yummy, mommy!" which kind of makes my heart all happy.

If something irritates me, I tend to huff and puff a lot and kind of grumble an aggrevated "ughh" sound. It's worse when I'm pregnant. Well, someone has picked up on that and holy cow. It is not cool. It's made me realize how often I do it. The week she picked up on it was the week Mac was sick with chronic, err, bodily fluids (all.over.the.house), so there was a TON OF grumbling from me. And after that, she walked around the house going, "Ughhhh MAC!", or "Ughhh! Yucky!" So yea. I lose parenting points for that one.

If you ask her who her best friend is? She will always* say that it's her baby sister, ___. (*The only time she doesn't say it is when she's being prompted by her Aunt Susie to say HER name instead, ha.) This morning I asked her if I could be her best friend, and she said, "Nahh....Daddy Eme-yine's best friend". Dang. Burned.

***

Obviously these kinds of things could go on forEVER. Toddlers at this age are non-stop with the sillies. The silly phrases, sayings, cuteness. It's all day, every day. I have a new goal to try and make a video of all her cute stuff and montage it all together. So I don't forget it when she says everything perfectly, and stops talking in 3rd person (which is already starting to fade). So let's hope I can make that happen because it would be epic. In my world, anyway.

***

Happy Thursday!


16 comments:

  1. This post made me so excited to see my little girl grow up with all her quirks, personality etc. I'm just going to be honest and say that it made my 22 week pregnant self cry. Hello, hormones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. She is so sweet! Such a wonderful little girl. Being super emotional today, your post made me tear-up. Such kindness in such a little person, it's so beautiful!

    Happy Thursday and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image of her saying goodbyes to herself in the back seat almost made me tear up. What a sweet, sweet girl you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds so super sweet! I often think of making a similar video of Flintstone. It breaks my heart how inept I am at capturing all this cute.

    Such a sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a great age and i just adore all her hugs and kisses!
    love,
    emeline's bff

    hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love this stage! Eme sounds like a total sweetie pie! So cute! I blame this stage for The Fever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the facial expressions! My daughter copies mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes and yes. Love this sweet stage. Sounds like you have quite the sweetie on your hands. Nice work Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What precious moments with Emeline! I love that she says he sister is her best friend. She's not even here yet and my heart is melting over there relationship is heart melting. Jackson is quickly nearing the age where vocabulary is growing and I'm realizing soon he'll be reflecting our actions...certainly something to remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Momma, it only gets better! (and sometimes worse, with certain sayings). Trey talks sooo much it's unreal. From a very early age...is speech threw me!

    Of course, now the WAY he says things is hilarious.

    "Momma, I love you with all your (my) heart. I love you, and Daddy, and Jackson." or he'll do something not to my liking and say his version of sorrys "Momma, I sorry I ate you last cookies. I'm so sorry."

    THEN he also says HUGE words like: "Daddy, I want to see King Cryolophosaurus. Yeah, he has a crest just like a hadrasaur."

    MIND = BLOWN

    They are too awesome! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a tender heart she has!! I loved reading this! Sweet, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw so many precious memories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I smiled the entire time reading this. Jon and I need to plan a trip out east and get these adorable kids together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You will be soooo grateful that you are recording these things. I wish I was blogging still when Nathan was a toddler because the memories fade so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is such a little sweet pea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2 is a great age in those terms:) They are so much like sponges, it really does make you so much more aware of what you say, do,etc.

    She sounds like one sweet girl, must get it from someone else super sweet;)

    ReplyDelete