Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Oh, how He loves us.

I'll be honest. It's kind of rare that I'm up and having peaceful morning time before a certain toddler is up. But, the few times it happens? I appreciate it so much.

Thanks to a late night to bed last night, the little lady is sleeping in and momma's cuddled in a blanket at the kitchen table sipping coffee by the sound of the buzzing monitor. What I SHOULD be doing is getting myself dressed and ready for my Monday work meeting--but instead, I'd rather take these quiet minutes to drink coffee in peace. Priorities.

But anyway.

I just said goodbye to my husband as he's off for his first day of work at his new job. I don't know why, but I'm pretty sure I'm more nervousexcited than he is. Yes, nervousexcited is one word in my book. You see, he's excited. I'm nervousexcited. That whole unknown thing. Hoping and praying he'll love it, that he'll fall into a groove there soon, and that everything goes smoothly--and yes I'll be the freak wife wondering all day long if he's doing okay, and if people are being nice to him (kidding. partially. :))

Change is...well, change. And it's different. And so maybe thats where the nervousexcitedness comes from in me? I don't know.

All I do know is that the day I send Eme off to kindergarten...heck, preschool for that matter, I'll be a wreck.

Last night Declan and I got to go out to a nice, quiet dinner--just us. We had really wanted some time to just sit, talk and process this whole job change thing. Since he was away most of the weekend, we really had not gotten to do that.  His parents watched Emeline for us, and to our favorite little italian place we went.

It was really nice. And refreshing to talk about all the reasons that this change will be good for us. For him. For our family dynamics. And just about how change is healthy and good and makes us better people learning to adapt to new environments, to thrive in new environments.

I hugged & kissed him goodbye this morning. I prayed for him--for safe travels, that his mind would be open and ready to learn new things, and that the transition would be smooth. And then when he left, I poured my coffee and my eyes welled up with tears.

I'm full of gratefulness this morning. For the way God takes care of my family. For all of it.

***

(...and guess who's up in perfectly fashioned timing...?)

Happy Monday.


14 comments:

  1. I have had a ton of those moments lately. Always taken back by how much god loves us. :)

    And oh dear I second the preschool/kindergarten thing. I can't even go there :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love waking before the kids. This AM was that.... A time for me to reflect on HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me all teary. Love your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Change is always hard but usually good for us. Good luck today to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for Declan this morning! I hope his first day is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have totally sucked at getting up before Lizzy since I've been pregnant. But you're right--when I do, it's amazing and usually my only chance to get into the Word during the day, so also CRUCIAL for me!

    Glad you had such a great morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing your Hubbi an amazing first-day of work! Hope all goes well and he has much to tell you come 5pm!

    Happy Monday Momma. <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when I wake up before Noah. Those first few minutes of quiet are a great start to the morning.
    Hope D has a perfect first day!!
    And now I will have that song (from the title) stuck in my head for the rest of the day (not a bad one to have though). :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post! I love the hope and anticipation of something new. Yes, change is scary but it's such a good thing. Everything we do is part of His plan and it's awesome to see what is in store for us :) So much more than we ever thought possible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you had that dinner last night and then these moments this morning to process, pray and reflect. What a blessing. I hope today goes smoothly for him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your big heart! Always worrying about others, sounds a lot like me! :) Hope Declan knocked it out of the park today!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope he has a great day! I'm sure he will! This was my husband's 1st day back to "work" (he's interning this summer) in 2 years. I didn't have time to think about how he was doing because I was so busy with my own stuff this morning. I can't wait to hear about his day when he gets home though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys sound like the sweetest couple ever. I want to be like you guys when I get married :p I hope his first day went perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an exciting time for your family!! Hope Declan had a wonderful first day :)

    ReplyDelete