Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Those summer days.

I went MIA yesterday because we were here. Going to the gardens is one of our favorite places because the beauty is endless and so is the vast space for kids to run. And for momma's to enjoy great naptimes because of such great energy-using vastness. 

It's really a win-win.

Ponds to watch the fishies swim. 



Looking for little bullfrog eyes popping out of the water. The cute little way that kids sit down low when they're trying to get a good look at something. Where the moms stay close, close by so none of the kids take the plunge in. You know.


Friends and cousins to enjoy it with. 


Water to play in. Things to explore.


Reflections to catch.


Cute little bums to be photographed.


Flowers, and flowers and flowers galore to be sniffed. Admired. Heck, to stand in awe of the fact that God created these intricate, gorgeous, amazing, orchids.


I mean, really? Breathtaking.

...and more and more fountains to splash in, splash others, and get completely and utterly drenched requiring an outfit change.


Yep. It was a good day. 

Off to have more fun today---as we'll be strawberry picking with some good friends.

***

Cheers to the weekend!

13 comments:

  1. What a fun day for sweet Eme! I can see how that's a win for the mamas too. Have fun picking strawberries, we'll expect photos next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe this place looks awesome!!! kp squats just like eme and i just love it! so cute! so inquisitive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those photos and it is too cute how they all bend down low to the ground! Have a great weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me happy!

    Looks like a very special day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun place!

    It is still rainy and YUCK here, so it doesn't really feel like summer yet, but I hope that when summer does actually roll in, that we'll be cramming our days with fun stuff like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her little outfit is so cute and those orchids are amazing. Looks like y'all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'd love to go there! :) Looks like such a fun and beautiful place.

    Glad you had so much fun...enjoy your weekend, Momma. <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a botanical garden not far from us, and I've never been. Gotta remedy that.
    I love orchids, but I canNOT for the life of me keep them alive.
    Love all of the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful garden and a great spot for the kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! And ironic because right before reading your post I was discovering that we have a Botanical Garden not far from us and was adding it to my summer bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. Two great summer days in a row, you lucky duck! Good thing strawberry season is now ... bc not much longer and you won't be able to pick them. I had to commission Evan's aunt to come pick the ones from my patch because I tried and I could NOT bend over enough to do it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Y'all are so full of summer fun...I think I'll just quit my job and come be your live-in babysitter so I can have some summer fun, too :)

    ReplyDelete