Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Thankful, Scratching my head, and Reminded.

Thankful:

In all my nesting urges lately, I finally made the huge, ginormous Big Girl Room switch for Emeline. As in, she helped me move in all her clothing yesterday, her closet is full, her stuffed animals now live there (in her bed, duh), and it feels like her own place now. So with that, we pumped her up all day that this was now her new room, shut the door to the nursery, and she slept in there last night without much trouble at all. She did, however say "no this bed!" and pointed to her nursery door--but we had to tell her that room isn't set up to be her room anymore, so then she told me "Bye Mommy!" and only wanted Declan. He read to her, coaxed her into her bed, and off to dreamland she went. Fine by me if it worked. I'm thankful that it did.

I'm currently drinking coffee & eating my peanut butter english muffin in peace while staring at my sleeping toddler in her big bed over the monitor. I'm not getting ahead of myself yet--we still have naptime to conquer today. Lord, help.



***


Scratching my head:

You know how doctors 'measure' you while you're pregnant and say that you're either exactly on track, a week or two ahead, or a week or two behind all based on belly size and some measurement? Yea. I don't really get it.

The thing is, yesterday at my appointment the doctor told me I measure perfectly on track for 32'ish weeks. But when I was pregnant with Emeline, I also measured on track (if not a week BEHIND) the entire time.

But then I see a side by side and I was so much bigger with Emeline at this stage. So, yea--I really don't get how it all works.


***



Reminded:

I mentioned in a super quick blurb that I got to meet up with my long time (we're talking years) blog friend, Jess a few days ago. It's true. After a few failed attempts due to sick kids (seriously, she has 4), and one time a sick me--we finally made it work. It was fantastic. We did the whole no-kids thing which was extra fun to add the whole 'relaxing' part to the gig, too. Plus I was majorly in need of a day like that. Walking in Baltimore, attending street fairs & festivals, no agenda, talking non-stop. It was good.

Times like meeting good blog friends face to face, the kind that don't make you nervous, not even a tiny bit--because you already feel like you know them so well? Reminds me why I do love blogging, and the heart of connecting people. We had a super time and I can't wait to do it again.


Speaking of reminding me why I love it, too? I received one of the most heartfelt emails last night, as I was laying in bed and then soaking my pillow with tears. I sometimes forget about how important it was that I wrote through so many of my feelings when we lost our first baby. Of course, those words, those thoughts, the processing--was for ME. But in the end, I'm grateful that it touched others where they are at or were at, and made them feel less alone. Because the reality is, it can feel so lonely, your emotions so crazy, and finding someone to relate to can mean a lot. 


***

*Since this has been written, Emeline woke up (at 8am!) happy as a clam and beaming with excitement about sleeping in her big bed. Let's hope the excitement can continue :)

Happy Wednesday!

17 comments:

  1. Maybe all of the running has your abs a lot stronger so your uterus is held in more. It would have still grown as much, but be held more inside (and probably more in your ribcage). Maybe?

    My experience is kind of the opposite this time. I'm still carrying high and inside this time, and measuring right on like I was with Emily, but my belly is definitely bigger. Most likely because my ab muscles decided that they should just give up after the last time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Go Emeline! Having those 20..30.. Sometimes 45 minutes to yourself in the morning is incredible. There's really no other way to describe it. I don't take advantage of it nearly enough- mostly because I just canNOT pull myself from bed before 8:30am.. But still.. When I do? Glorious. So glad Eme's transitioning well. It's such an exciting transition- and before you know it.. That's nursery will be home again to baby sister!!! Eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Eme! That's awesome!

    Your posts are so full of happiness, they often make my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute pregnant! Maybe this one will gain all her weight at the end. I would LOVE to meet some of my bloggy friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wondered about that measuring thing, too. How can two women, totally different sizes, measure the same? Please let me know if someone answers this for you. I suppose I could google it, but it'd probably be full of medical terms and then I'd really be confused.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Emeline!! Also, you're nothing but belly! You look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad the big girl bed transition went so well! I prayed for y'all after I got your email yesterday! You have me less worried that maybe one day I'll feel comfortable moving Kate out of her crib!

    I hear you on the belly confusion. Will was more than a pound bigger than Kate but my belly was smaller the entire pregnancy. Make zero sense to me!

    And yay for blog friends and days without babies! I really hope I get to meet several of my blog besties IRL at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You think there is a range that's normal in belly measuring, maybe? Now my interest is piqued!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for you! I'm really worried about moving Flintstone to his room here in the next couple weeks. He's still in the habit of waking up and coming to our bed at about 5 am, so it's going to be an issue.

    So glad she was so excited!

    Both bellies are adorable! I don't know how they measure it, but I do know that those measurements are way off half the time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am curious to hear how nap time went! I loved the pic of Declan in the bed with her. He looked a little scrunched ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't really get the belly measurements either. For months I was "right on track" and then last time, now that my belly is freaking HUGE, they're telling me that I'm measuring small... makes no since to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot believe the difference between Eme and baby #2!!! That's just nuts. But you look so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad that Operation Big Girl bed is going well. And I love the picture of D crammed in there with her. So cute.

    You girls are both so pretty. That is all :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy the transition is going well! I didn't realize you and Jess had never met in person. How fun! You both look GREAT! I'd always assumed you were iRL friends first. Very cool. Random-theyre just measuring the uterus not the entire belly so that could make a difference-there may be some extra belly that's not uterus. When they measure, the centimeters will correspond with how many weeks pregnant you are, give or take 2 either way-so technically that could be the difference of 4 between one person, or pregnancy, and another and still be measuring on track. Isn't it amazing that at 32 weeks your uterus will measure almost exactly 32 cm from bottom to top? god is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's because pregnancy is really weird. Aliens take over your body and do things that don't make any sense in the normal scheme of things.

    And I had a FANTASTIC time too. So much fun. We absolutely need to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never understood the measuring thing either. I was huge with my son and smaller with my girls, but was always on track. You look great either way. Can't wait to 'meet' her!

    ReplyDelete