Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

All about E.

Before I get wrapped up in squishy baby, I want to write another one of those posts for me. To remember the silly antics of my 2 year old. 

Every single day there is some sort of comment exchanged between my husband and I about how big she's getting, how verbal she is, how crazy the 1st-2nd year (and beyond) transition is--and ohmygosh HOW DID WE MAKE THIS AWESOME HUMAN? It's true. We like her, a lot.


Lately, the second we get in the car Emeline requests music. Her most favorite right now is Call Me Maybe (can you blame her?), and girlfriend shouts it from the rooftops. The dance parties going on in my car right now? Well. They are pretty much amazing and hearing her sing "so bad...so so badddddd" just makes me giggle. 

When Eme requests a Book or a Song, she always uses THE LONGEST LINE ever from said book or song when she talks about it. For example, I would just call Twinkle Twinkle--um, Twinkle Twinkle. Right? Well, she calls it, "TwinkleTwinkleLittleStarHowIwonderWhatYouARE!"--as a title. Her one bible story book? She calls it, "JesusLovesMeTheBibleTellsMeSO!!!!" It cracks me up because there are SO MANY WORDS coming out of her mouth just to tell me one thing. AKA: she talks. ALL the time. And lots of words. 

"Enna-mine" is how she pronounces her name now. "Enna-mine needs boo-berries", "Enna-mine needs snack, peeasss". She knows that people call her Eme as a nick name, or Em, but when you ask her what her name is, she always, always, always says her full name as Enna-mine

Speaking of names--she knows her full name, including last name--and it's SO stinking cute. "I'm Enna-mine Baaalllla!" She also says her sisters full name, including middle name AND last name--which cracks me up. Not to mention, out of the blue she will call Declan or I by just that. Declan & Katie. And then she giggles because she KNOWS that's not what she's supposed to be calling us. I kind of secretly love it, though. 


Most people comment about how expressive Emeline is. I mean, it's true. Some of her expressions (like eye-rolling, sigh) aren't the best. But she does have some hysterical, silly faces that make people (and us) laugh daily. 

I have a weak and sensitive lower back, and especially when pregnant. I often have my hands perched on my back because OW. I'm sore! And super pregnant. And so it looks kind of like my hands are on my hips, you know? Emeline has picked up on this behavior and I've caught her walking around with her hands on her hips all diva-like, and SHAKING HER BUTT hardcore when she walks. I seriously think she is mocking my waddling (which I really thought wasn't that bad). But the truth comes out in your 2 year old, people. 

Often when she feels in need of a dance party (which is a lot), she tells me, "Moommmmmyyyyy, MOOSIC!" and then quickly follows that up with, "Shake your booty, shake shake shake!", obviously, accompanied by--ahem, some booty shaking and dropping it low. Needless to say, she is banned from her middle school dances already

She looks forward to when Declan gets home from work every single day. She'll watch from the window to see his car, when he gets out, she'll knock on the window. He knows to look up & waves and then she runs to the inside stairs to greet him. She yells, without fail, EVERY single day----"DADDY, I MEESED (missed) YOU TODAY!!!!!"

It is freaking heart-melt city. On most days she just falls into his arms and gives an unprompted "I 'ove you daddy". I know it's one of the best parts of Declan's day--I mean, how could it not be? 

I use the phrase, "Listen & Obey" often with Emeline when I'm giving her a clear direction. Sometimes, now, when I'll tell her to do something, even as simple as, "Come on, let's go downstairs", and she does it right away, she'll say with a huge, cheesy, grin, "I listen & obey!", all proud of herself. She uses positive reinforcement on herself. Ha. I can dig it.


Overall? I think this age so far has been pretty good to us. Challenging times come, absolutely--but it's speckled with so many amazing and funny little moments, it's hard not to smile. She is a cool, smart kid--and I'm certain every parent feels that way about their own (as they should). 

Keep the good times rollin' little lady. We love you.

19 comments:

  1. Honestly, she is the #1 reason why I read this blog. She's Beautiful and Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! She is super cute, smart, and funny! I just love the pictures especially the one with her hands on both her hips! LOL! I died laughing!

    Wishing you all the best! And soon, you'll have two of these pretty ladies! How exciting! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these adorable toddlers! We are big "Call me Maybe" fans as well, much to Daddy's dismay. I love that she says the longest line to ask for a song of book....too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so great! I love that she is using the positive reinforcement on her self! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do the same for Easton. Yes, there are so many trying times, but for the most part, it's really a lot of fun. This is really a fun age to me! She sounds like a barrell of fun! And easton...he talks...NON STOP TOO. have no idea where he gets it from ;) She's a doll Katie. I can't wait to see this next little lovey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute! I was cracking up about her calling you guys by your first names--Lizzy does that too (and has also recently taken to calling me "parents"), and I also totally find it hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two is such a fun age! She is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how expressive she is in these pictures!!

    Everyone says "Terrible Twos"... and, anyone who has even babysat for one knows they can be challenging, but I think they are also so.stinking.hysterical.

    LOL, we tell Lydia to "Listen and Obey" all the time, too. The other thing we ask her is, "Where are your magnificent manners?"... It worked great until one day we were out and about, and she replied, "I think I left them at home."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man you've got one cute lady! The things she says are priceless and the fact that she sings in the car, ah I die. You're making the "terrible twos" seem a lot less scary. Phoebe is 22 months, so we're quickly approaching them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am requesting an Ennamine video...preferably of the waddle mocking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG how does Declan keep it together when she does that?? So precious!!

    It's going to be so fun to see how she adjusts to being a big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The photos combined with the details of sweet Eme are almost too much. You and Declan have certainly made and raised a beautiful daughter. She will make such an amazing big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfection. She is such a character and so many of these things remind me of Eva. Again ... they would be a riot together

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE it! I love the exciting things that come as littles grow up. It's so fun to see them grow into their personalities :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely LOVE her facial expressions. She is so animated. Gorgeous! She will be such a great big sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. she seriously seems like such a cool kid and a lot like my E. next time we're up in maryland, we'll have to plan a meet up for sure so these girls can meet :) well, and their mamas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these posts! Connor is the same age and it is my favorite, by far (ok, I have probably said that at every stage, but I really mean it!). He does the whole positive reinforcement on himself all the time, too! Never fails to make me laugh! I love all the fun pictures you have captured of her..they really portray her little personality!! Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love posts like this so that you (and she) can look back on them someday. And the pics of course make it all that more fun to return to it someday!

    ReplyDelete