Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy

I am happy today.

A good kind of happy. All happy is good, right?

I'm happy because...

-I woke up to a text from my Canadian BFF, Lindsay, announcing the birth of her baby girl. She's one of those friends who tortures us all who doesn't find out the gender of her babies. I predicted girl all along, and even though I started teetering in my brain a little near the end, I stood strong--and a little Miss Gwennie (Gwendolyn) entered the world this morning. I'm so beyond thrilled she's healthy & here, and it was a good, happy start to my day. (Lindsay's the friend who guest posted about how we got each other pregnant, remember? :) ) So now we're both (gonna) be moms of two little ladies, how appropriate.

-When I went to get Emeline from her room this morning she was actually semi-happy and cheery, and we are NOT morning people in this household. So much so that typically in the morning or after naptimes she wants me to leave her alone for more time so she can just keep waking up slowly. Which is hysterical and SO LIKE ME. But today she was full of cuddles and kisses for baby sister, and goofy, silly giggles galore.

-My sister came to babysit Emeline this morning for my Monday work meeting....which I went in for, only to find out it was canceled.  It was my own fault for not having time to check my email this morning. You might say, "Why oh why would this make your happy list, Katie?" The answer is simple, because then we could leave for the pool sooner.

-We went to the pool with my sister, my sister in law and my nephews, and it was lovely. The water was divine. I felt weightless. My kid now swims independently (with floaties, duh), and she is a free-water-spirit, baby. Happy as a clam. It felt so nice on this hot day, and it made me and my sore, achey very pregnant body happy.



-Naptime. Naptime makes me so happy.

-I'm going out on a dinner date with one of my high school girlfriends tonight. The idea of a child-free dinner, with the ability to chat and catch up, and talk until we're blue in the face sounds absolutely like a slice of heaven on earth. Plus? I don't have to cook. So that's a bonus.

-Declan took Eme on a "Daddy/Eme Date" yesterday morning before church. They ate at Dunkin Donuts, just the two of them. Hearing Emeline talk about her "Daddy Date" as she's been calling it has melted me into a pile of happy mush the last day. It was obviously special to her and a trend that they'll continue. At this age it's easy to start up fun little things & special outings with just her Daddy. I love it.

(stolen from my husband's instagram :) )

-Emeline has busted out into song non-stop the last few days. Her current selections are: Row, Row, Row your Boat, Jesus Loves Me, Walk-around (a song from Church), Wheels on the bus, Twinkle Twinkle, and the ABC's. And it makes me smile.

-My husband got word today that he's able to start working his old (awesome! wonderful!) hours again at his new job!! We are so freaking stoked--we love having him home earlier. God is so good. This will ease our nighttime stress so much. I'm so thankful.

***

What's making you happy, today?

12 comments:

  1. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY MONDAY FRIEND!!!!! Glad so many things are making you smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I missed that post from Lindsay, I don't know. So funny! I'm glad you are having a good day! That's awesome that Declan gets to be around more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I see Eme has floaties. Have you tried those Puddle Jumper jackets? Smaller rings around arms and stuff on chest to keep them up. Connor loves his and is able to really move with it in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you are having a great day! Isn't it wonderful when the stars align to make things happen the way you would like? Today started off a little rocky over here, but I decided to turn things around, and things are looking up! The Daddy/Daughter date is so adorable, hopefully a long time tradition. As for the singing, we have a little song bird over here, too! Completely out of nowhere, she'll start singing "Twinkle, Twinkle" at the top of her lungs, and of course at that time, my phone is nowhere to be found to record it...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like things are going great in your house. Stay happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like all is great in your house. Stay happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very happy Monday for you guys!: )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of daddy daughter dates. She will remember those forever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved swimming when I was pregnant. Although I really only did it with K since I was preggo in fall/winter with the boys.

    Glad to hear about your hubby's good work hours! YAY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet post! Any tips for teaching toddlers to swim? I want to reach Daniel whenwe're away in September, but have no idea how to go about it! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. already said it, but i cannot believe how grown eme looks swimming with those floaties. way too big.

    and love the daddy/daughter date. she'll love those forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so sweet. Thank you so much for your excitement over Gwennie's birth :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete