Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Hello Baby Deux: 38+ Weeks Update

I guess I should do this. Yes. I will want this for the future.


The Babe
We had an unexpected chance to see her last week on ultrasound and she is looking mighty cute, you guys. They checked on all her organs, she was practicing breathing, they even showed me her little whispy hair! She had her cute little hands over her eyes like a boxer, but really? I know she is just prepping to fight off her probably over-interested big sister :) That, OR my camera. Not sure. She "measured" according to the ultrasound last week about 6 1/2lbs---but I know those things can be majorly off. We shall see!

The Momma
Other than being tired of being pregnant & having all the normal aches and pains of a pregnant lady who is under 2 weeks away from her due date? I guess pretty decent. Emotionally, I'm ok. I had one tiny little pillow cry the other day about the unknowns of when she'll come, especially because so many of my family members are going out of town in the next few weeks. But it'll be okay. I just keep trying to remind myself that God's got this. He is into details. He cares about those things. I just need to chill out and let go. 

A few days a week I've been napping, too. If I go out in the morning with Eme? It's enough to exhaust me to the point of feeling like I have NO choice but to nap. And I am NOT a usual napper. Pregnancy makes me a napper (in the 1st and very end of 3rd trimester), which is weird. But there's something so good about a pregnant nap. 

The Bod

Blah. Blah. and Blah. 

I'm officially over it. I'd like my skinny arms back, please. And smaller thighs. And I'd like pregnancy fat face to be gone now. My weight gain with Eme was 31 pounds, and with this kiddo I'm hovering around 34 pounds right now. Yeesh. Let's all just say a prayer right now that it falls right off, mmmk?

I realize this is the worst comparison picture in the history of comparison pictures but it's all I could find for now without dragging out my big camera to take another. But, even with the photo size difference, I still think my bump appears smaller with this baby. Also, I was "lower" at this point at 38 weeks with Eme than with this baby. Although I hear that's kind of typical for 2nd time moms to not "drop" like they do with their first until labor time. Who knows though.


The Big Sis 

I think the poor kid is convinced baby sister will live inside my stomach FOREVER. I feel kind of bad for telling her that she'll be here soon--because now she takes my tummy in her hands and talks to her, saying "come out!", and then she demands me to go "bounce on 'da ball, mommy". For real. She just wants to meet her. I don't blame her, I feel the same.

Whenever I'm getting her dressed or ready, or anything like that--if she's at eye-length with the bump, she hugs it. She'll rest her head on it, and she'll proclaim "I lub' you baby ___". My heart literally burst out of my chest when I heard it the first time. 

Everything that is for the baby? She runs around holding and saying, "Ohhh goodness! SO CUTE!! the baby!" She's basically obsessed and the sweet girl isn't even on the outside yet. Let's hope the transition goes smooth and we've prepared her as well as we possibly can.

I've found myself having so many sweet moments with her lately. She's not typically a cuddler/stay-still-for-long kid, but lately? She has been way into cuddling with me, and she'll lay for long periods of time and be still, and let me just stroke her arm, or rub her head. Today, she woke up from her nap and I went in to get her, but she wanted me to lay down. We both fell asleep for another hour. Lucky for me my husband got this gem (aka: awkward, fat, pregnant angle) on his phone of us. It's dark. And blurry. But it's kind of a sweet moment that I love.


I think she can sense the change. But we're excited for it.

***

Tomorrow (Tuesday) we have a doctors appointment and we'll see how everything's going.

24 comments:

  1. Seems like just yesterday you were blogging about wanting to meet your sweet, baby Eme. Can't wait to hear all about this new chapter in your lives. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe that pic of you two sleeping is the sweetest! so glad he caught that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great and you are smaller this time around

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest photo ever of you snuggled up to Eme! :) and I didn't know they said that the second time around you don't drop as much. Hmph. Won't be long now momma, hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe you are so close already!! I am sure you feel every bit of 38 weeks pregnant, but if it makes you feel any better, you seriously look amazing!! I feel like my belly was the size of yours when I was about 24 weeks. Can't wait to see how the next few weeks go for you! Such an exciting time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, congratulations! I wanted to thank you for leaving your art blog (Oodles Of Art) in an active state. Your ideas have helped me immensely.

    Enjoy your daughters! May your delivery be filled with peace and joy.
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  7. So close girl! I love the nap picture. That is too sweet. Also Em saying she loves that baby girl, so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty sure I'm anticipating Baby Girl #2's birthday just as much as I'd anticipate my IRL bff's baby! I absolutely cannot wait to see her little face, hear her precious name, and celebrate with y'all as if I'm there in person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeee! Soooo exciting, the time is almost here. We had an u/s last week at 35.5 weeks and our sweet boy was measuring 6.4lbs and was practicing breathing too...so amazing to see it. Glad you were able to get another peek at your sweet girl. Can't wait to hear how it all goes and to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! Hope there is good news and progress at your doctor's appt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You too great! And hang in there....she'll be here soon. I think Em is going to be the best big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw Eme is so cute about her baby sister! Madison has her cute moments of kissing my tummy and other times she pulls my top down to cover it and says no Mummy haha. I can't wait to hear how your Drs appointment goes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that last picture! So sweet, I bet she does know something is about to change and she's soaking up some extra Mommy time. Sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading your blog reminds me to spend more intentional special time with my boys before the next one arrives. It is so easy to get caught up with life and let these times slip by. Thanks for the reminder. Also I need to switch the crib to a bed so I can snuggle sleep with Shiloh! That looked like such a sweet moment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, you look great!! Definitly still carrying high compared to Emeline's 38 week pic.

    I just love how excited Eme is. She is going to be the best big sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww she is going to be the best big sister! I totally think she is ready! She is acting exactly how Connor acted and he rocks out his big brother status! He still gives me more cuddles and I happily accept them! And when they cuddle with you at the same time??? Cue fireworks, rainbows and everything else that is happy, because it is AWESOME!!! Not too long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Almost there, girl. Almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are so close girl. you've got this.

    with a scheduled induction, there was none of the guess work of when baby is coming. i can only imagine how hard it must be... but hang in there.

    and that picture of you two sleeping? melt my heart. what a sweet moment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Precious, precious time, waiting for her arrival. Love the photo your hubby took. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The picture of you two sleeping almost made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet, sweet pic at the end! You look fantastic- not much longer! I am soooo ready to meet my little guy too (and get back to running and my non-pregnant body) I think I have the same bassinet thing as you. Last time we used a large packnplay next to the bed, I am hoping the smaller one will be more cozy for the babe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look fabulous :) I did drop VERY noticabley with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies and it was VERY uncomfortable.
    Hoping you have a smooth and easy birth.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just the sweetest update. First of all, you look wonderful. Really, all of your work post-Eme has paid off a million percent during this pregnancy. Second, Eme's love for her soon-to-be little sister is overwhelming!! Cannot wait for the addition to your lovely little family!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The picture that Declan took at the bottom is basically the sweetest picture ever! Glad y'all are doing good! I found with my second baby that the weight did come off faster (because I was wiser: don't eat like a pregnant lady AFTER having the baby! Duh, Steph!).

    ReplyDelete