Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

One Month.

Happy 4th of July!

I should care more about today--but I'm preoccupied. Because the 4th of August? IS MY DUE DATE.

And for some reason that's what I can think about today. Holy whoa. I can't wait to hold that sweet girl.

The 4th of August also happens to be a very special 5th Wedding Anniversary, too. Talk about big things, people. Big things.

***

Do you know how awful last 4th of July was? It was our first trip to the ER with our sweet little girl. She was so very sick, couldn't breathe, woke up wheezing, and so we ended up in the ER getting the kid shots of steroids to calm things down.

It was way sad. Luckily, they were so nice to us in the Emergency Room and our experience was nothing but positive, and I documented it (duh) here.

***

Today should be better. There is no sickness looming. The weather is nice (read: HOT), and we will be headed to my parents after nap time to swim, have a cookout, and just relax a little.

We've already had our family pancake & bacon breakfast, and there's lots of lounging around happening.

***

Despite the lounging & relaxing, my brain is on overdrive with TO!DO!LISTS!

This weeks agenda is to pack our bags...my hospital bags, Emeline's bag (she'll probably end up staying a night with my parents), and the baby's stuff.

However, there's this stupid part of me that thinks if I DON'T pack my bags, maybe I'll go into labor. You know, because I'm NOT ready. That makes total sense, right?

Wrong.

Why do we (I) think like that?

I kind of hate (but also find exciting) the unknowns of labor.

***

My sister and sister-in-law ran a race this morning. My large pregnant arse was totally jealous and I cannot wait to get back into running, really.

I know I'll dread it a little, just getting used to it again-- but I'm craving that feeling of running and being fit again.

Soon enough...soon enough.

***

Until then...I will stuff my face with picnic food.

Happy Independence Day!

10 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you only have a month left!! You're pregnancy seemed to fly by {well to me at least} I hope she comes in a timely manner, and until then enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH ONE month! That means next week you'll be full term, no?! Seriously, I can't believe it. I canNOT believe it. Whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are such an inspiration! I love how you are excited to get back into running. Get is mama :)
    Oh and yes, I agree, it's the law of nature that if you don't pack the baby bag you will go into labor. But if you pack it your little one will be weeks late... maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One month? Wowza, it's gone by so fast!

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe you are only one month away! Very excited to virtually meet the new little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 4TH of July!

    Following from Dreams Do Come True

    http://happilyeverafter-tiffany.blogspot.com/

    Would love to have you over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek! A month. It's so short and yet so long all at the same time when you come to the end of a pregnancy. My birth supplies sat there taunting me and taunting me. And I felt the same, if they aren't ready, maybe I will go into labour.

    Happy 4th .. hope you are enjoying your day. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. So crazy that you are 1 month away!!! I know you are sooo excited to meet that little Princess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, how do you only have a month left?? It seems like I just read about you being so sick. Excited for you! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete