Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Red, White and Blue-kini.

I spent the entire 4th of July morning nesting like a wild woman. You know, dragging vacuums up and down 3 flights of steps, finishing the nursery 100%, washing the bouncy seat & swing covers, finally figuring out my double stroller, putting away loads of laundry...to name a few things. There was more. And? My husband was around the house helping, too.

The evil thing about nesting? While you're doing it? It feels all fine and dandy and like you are SUPER WOMAN. And then, a few hours later--you are achey. And so sore. And your hips. They hurt. And OUCH, HOLY CRAP I DID TOO MUCH.

It slaps you in the face. hard.

Luckily, all we had in the afternoon to celebrate the holiday was a laid back family gathering at my parents with our favorite cookout food (my mom is the best). I hesitantly took my camera. Sometimes I purposefully leave it home so I feel no pressure at all to take pictures. Especially on a day like that, when I was tired, and sore, super pregnant, and not feeling it.

I didn't get many--and I didn't even have the energy to go around and get photos of everyone like I normally do, mainly just of Eme. But? I'm still glad I took my camera. In the end, I always am.




 




my sis snapped this cute pic ;)

***

Because, after all--a cute patriotic chocolate face like that HAS to be documented.

16 comments:

  1. The sunglasses and juice box combo killed me. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that is the most adorable red,white, and blue bathing suit! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pics are just precious!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could look that adorable in a bikini! Glad y'all had a fun day. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could look that adorable in a bikini! Glad y'all had a fun day. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I die for her bikini! Must add bikinis to my I NEED a girl list! The pic of Declan tossing her is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok. The swimsuit is adorable. Obviously. But what really killed me were the painted toes. Oh the things Us boy moms miss out on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I.am.dying. at that little teeny bikini!!! Eme looks precious, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read your blog for a long time and I absolutely love your style of writing and your precious daughter. Have you ever done a vlog? I always have an idea in my mind of what I picture you to sound like and I was curious to see how wrong I might be! Ha! I sincerely hope this doesn't sound creepy because you are honestly one of my favorite bloggers! Maybe Emeline could make an appearance? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sunglasses and juice box are so chic! :) Can't wait to see the new little one and how adorable she will no doubt be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best patriotic swimsuit I've seen in a LONG time!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just can't handle the cuteness. It's too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's so cute! And hope you are resting this weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stop.It.Now. That bikini is too cute for words!!! I've been a reader of this blog for over a year now and I've just got to say Eme is looking more and more like you these days. It's just adorable. Can't wait to meet sweet Baby #2 :)

    ReplyDelete