Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Reflections

I'm sitting here at the hospital now writing this the morning we're going home. I'll have to post this either from my phone or when I get home because the internet here, while great, is somewhat wonky when it comes to blogs. I have a gorgeous (ha) rooftop view out my window and I can see that while it rained this morning, it looks like the sun (and humidity) is going to start peeking through.

I'm staring at this beautiful little face sleeping (finally) in her bassinet, that seriously just keeps getting prettier by the moment. How that happens? I have no idea. But I remember feeling that way with Emeline, too. Every time I looked at her--the girl got more and more gorgeous. I'm their momma, I'm supposed to feel that way--but this is one gorgeous girl, just like her big sister.

Our little Lucy Elizabeth. I don't even know how to describe the last 48 hours, really. The birth story? Well, that's an entirely different post for another day--with parts of it I'd like to forget honestly and other parts I want to bottle up and savor and experience a million times over. I could cry thinking about the beautiful moments, though. They were so good, and so special.

But she's here now. And my world as I knew it? Instantaneously different. I don't even know what else to say, other than--wow. Wow, wow, wow.

I have two girls now. I have two beautiful, precious babies--and I feel so undeserving of them. I cry thinking about the blessing of being their mother. The weight, the responsibility, but mostly the honor and joy that it truly is to be the mom of these precious gifts.

Lucy is a doll, with a full, thick head of dark hair--somewhat darker skin tone and complexion--with a heck of a way to instantly smitten any person who holds her. Trust me on this one. The first day of her life were spent sleepy and quiet, and last night she found her lungs. When she has a need, she totally voices it until it's taken care of. I can't blame the girl. Being thrust into this world must be a difficult change. We spent our two nights here at the hospital cuddling in the hospital bed, because she wanted nothing to do with being left alone--and, well--we have been together non stop for the last 9 months. I don't blame her a tiny bit, and in fact I get it. I kind of love having her close to me all the time, too.

So far life with my 2nd little girl in it has been good. So sweet. And a blessing. Seeing my girls together yesterday? Probably ranked up there in my top moments of Pure Awesome. I could not be more proud of the sweet, tender hearted big girl I have at home, who absolutely, positively is the best big sister to miss Lucy there ever will be. She had this instantaneously look of love and affection for her baby sister. It rocked my world and brings me to tears just thinking about it.

Today is the day we learn about being a family of four. Going home makes it all real. I can't wait.

***

Thanks so much for all the sweet words of encouragement, congrats, and love about our new sweet babe. My heart couldn't be filled with more joy. Truly.

xo

35 comments:

  1. I am truly so so happy for you and your sweet little family!! What an exciting day! Enjoy going home and settling in to your new life as a family of four! :) Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy and excited for you guys! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, you have such a sweet way with words bringing tears to my eyes thinking about my own two girls and their meeting. As I'm sure you already know your life is now truly changed... for the better of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this! It actually made me tear up because I was instantly flooded of all the wonderful memories of our boys meeting for the first time. Not sure there will be another moment more precious! Congrats and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a weet reflection! Good luck going home today with BOTH your beautiful girls! All those pictures of your sweet Lucy aren't helping the baby fever I've got brewing over here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!! Congrats Momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that feeling of lOve and awe. My boys are my world. I hope the transition to a family of four is smooth. Don't be discouraged if it isn't. And for the baby that wants to be held and you having other responsibilities to another little being, don't rule out a little baby wearing. It seriously saved my life.

    Much love on your transition day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for y'all! So so so happy! She's beautiful! Enjoy HOME with your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's beautiful, Congratulations! It will be so fun for you to see how your two girls interact :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me cry. My heart is overflowing for you guys, I can't even imagine how you guys feel. :) Praise God! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy for y'all! Being home is almost magical - sitting in your own house watching your two beautiful babies it just so special!

    I'm so excited for you to navigate this new normal - it is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you! Congrats she's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy for your family. Enjoy your first day home as a family of 4

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats girlie..What a Beautiful family you have..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just couldn't be more thrilled for y'all. I showed the pics of Eme and Lucy together to my hubby and now we're both craving a little sibling for Phoebe. Ha. Excited you get to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww!

    I love the pic of Eme holding her from your hubby`s instagram. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, such sweet words to vocalize a moment that is so hard to even put in words! It took me back to our moment instantly and I can honestly say seeing them together will only get better. We are only 3 months in, but just today big brother held up the line at the bread store because he was adamant about giving little brother a hug. :) no one seemed to mind, because really? Is there many things sweeter? Your little Lucy sounds a lot like my Cade... Very vocal in their needs! For me, I got it this time around, too. (now that's not to say that I was ready for him to figure out night =sleep quickly ;) ) enjoy every single snuggle, as I know you know how fast it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are going to rock this Mom of two girls thing. i'm so happy for you love. your girls are such blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have followed your blog for some time and this is my first post, I will say I have tears in my eyes. I too am due with my second daughter in october and can only imagine what you are feeling!! I hope my fiesty 2 year old is just as excited to meet her "sissy" as she calls her! Congrats and enjoy every moment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Isn't it amazing how the minute they arrive you forget every pregnancy complaint you had and are just overwhelmed with love and gratitude?! My baby fever is getting worse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How sweet! Congratulations. I love the full head of hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your new baby girl! Take care of your sweet girls and get some rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on your sweet baby girl. Enjoy this precious time together. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an amazing moment to introduce Emeline and Lucy. I can't wait to hear about her reaction. I have one babe and sometimes want to check myself in to the hospital for exhaustion (the real kind, not the Lindsey Lohan kind). I am praying for you that your transition is easy and that your support system helps you through having two littles to take care of. I am impressed always by your sense of humor and honesty in recounting events of your life and I'm sure you will do the same with Lucy's birth story and the next few days at home. Love to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sheesh, lady! You have got such a way with words.

    Two lucky girls in your life for sure :) have read for a long time and the love you have for your babies is such an inspiration. Love those girls this much forever, it will make the biggest difference in their lives! Congrats to your sweet family of four! So excited to continue reading along! Thanks so much for always sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! I'm only a few days ahead of you, but life with two kids is pretty awesome if you ask me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You know I love every bit of this,

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations... Praying your first few days at home go even better then expected!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations....really love your posting through this really busy time..enjoy it and would love to hear the birth story!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful! Love this, and love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So incredibly happy for you. I hope to meet sweet Lucy once you're all settled and out and about. Target date? ;) Congrats again, she is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. she's adorable!!!!

    and im so jealous...i'm due now too and i'm tired of being asked...'are you still pregnant' haha

    ReplyDelete