Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Just the three of us.

This morning is filled with hustle and bustle. Emeline is in her sundress, ready for the beach. She's buzzing around licking a spoonful of peanut butter (true story), while catching glimpses of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse from the television.

My husband is home from work, and just drug all the bags down from the 3rd floor and there's that familiar stack of stuff to be packed sitting by the steps. I side-eye it, because it never seems like it'll fit--but surely, it always does. Somehow.

I got up early and ran to Walmart already this morning for the last minute odds and ends. You know, like the swim diapers I completely forgot I was out of, more snacks, and juice boxes for Emeline on the beach. I may or may not have thrown in vanilla cupcake goldfish cookies--you know, for me her, too.

I grabbed Dunkin Donuts on the way home from the store for everyone--and here I am for a few minutes of solidarity, sipping on my iced coffee, before the craziness of mini-vacation continues.

I can't help but be a little sentimental about this trip. We're going with friends, yes--but it's still our last trip with just us. Just the 3 of us, as a family unit. In a matter of days/weeks (whenever it may be), we'll be a family of 4--and it won't just be Emeline anymore. I'm totally sappy about the fact that this trip, in a way, can be all about her. I can take umpteen thousand photos of just her. I can enjoy her, undistracted by a newborn. I can watch her and her daddy enjoying some undivided attention, and take snapshots in my mind (and let's be honest...on my camera). Always remembering that we had this mini trip as one of our last hurrah's as a family of 3.

I'm excited beyond belief about the changes coming to my family, and this sweet little new lady who will grace our presence soon. And to be honest? When people around me who I share due dates with are welcoming their sweet babies already---do I feel some twinges of jealousy? You bet I do.

But I'm still grateful for the time I have left, just us. And so instead of wishing for this pregnancy to be done already, to see this sweet baby girl, to snuggle and kiss her & welcome her into our family (all of which I'm excited to do)----I will try my hardest to remain content and enjoy all these lasts with the little family I know now.

***

I don't know that I'll be blogging much. I have a scheduled post for Friday--maybe I'll pop in with pictures, maybe not. But I'm sure you can find me documenting via instagram (lovesoflife), because when do I neglect instagram? (read: rarely, if ever)

Also, I'm moving the giveaway back to winner being announced Monday or so. If you haven't entered for a $50 Target gift card, go ahead!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

14 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! Enjoy each and every little moment before becoming a family of FOUR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Have a great time, and enjoy every minute you get to spend with her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR LITTLE 3SOME!!!!! There will be plenty more hoorah's, they'll just be different! Enjoy the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun and enjoy even the small moments in this little trip as a family of 3!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to the great wolf lodge when I was a few weeks away from having Luke and I so enjoyed our last little mini vaca with just one child. We made it special for him and he kept dreaming that next time his baby brother can join us too.

    Someday when baby #2 is a little bigger you can still get away with just Emeline for some big girl alone time. I'm doing that tomorrow with Nathan- I'm leaving Luke at daycare and giving Nathan a big boy day :) He's all excited about his special day and Luke at 10 months is still young enough that he doesn't feel left out. I will have to make a trip to the car to pump during the day but other than that it's all about Nathan tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your trip is so perfect! The beach sounds heavenly right now. Can't wait for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your vacation and your family of 3!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your pre-baby vaca! Sounds like a great idea...soaking up those last moments before your family changes are so important.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great vacation! You look great- hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So bittersweet, I'm sure:) Hoping you have an enjoyable trip!

    ReplyDelete