Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tiddly Bits and Pieces

-One day, I almost don't feel pregnant at all. The next, I feel so crampy and achey that I swear this baby will just drop right out of me at any second. I'm pretty certain that the fact I have days (or hours) where I feel completely fine goes to show that I'm looking at an August baby. In fact, last night I had a dream she came on August 6th. (By the way, her due date according to me is August 4th, according to my doctors, August 8th--and their date is wrong, just like it was last time! ;) haha.)


gasp! bare belly! I cannot believe I did bare belly shots last time.
*hangs my head in shame*
-Some days I think I'll have a baby in the 6-7 pound range, like Eme (who was 6lbs 10oz rounded up). The doctors predict about that for this one, too. But? I know how all that can be deceiving & how it's just a guess--and so I have days where I let myself think about having an 8lb+ baby and I worry a little. I felt like it was hard to push Eme out...so add 2lbs and...um, OUCH.

-Did anyone experience odd clinginess from their toddler in the weeks leading up to the baby being born? I know Em can sense a change--I'm sure of it. But I do feel like she's being extra clingy which is uncharacteristic of her. I don't know if it's her last set (praise the Lord) of eye-teeth--or this big 'ole change that's coming. But, phew. She is pulling out the tricks to extend bedtime, is mainly all!about!daddy! and wants to sit on our laps constantly.

Besides all that, she's still cute as a friggin' button, though. Here she is from last night singing 'Twinkle Twinkle' in the car. Oh this kid....



-We're going on our last getaway as a family of three on Thursday thru the weekend, and I'm excited. But I do totally dread the whole packing up & unpacking thing. I will savor the fact that I'm only packing for one child though, when after this trip, it's inevitable I'll be packing for two.

-Me in a bathing suit=scary. Maybe I should wear a sign that says "I'm 37 weeks pregnant, stop staring." I hope I don't make all the hot bodies on the beach jealous. You know, of this bod.

-The other afternoon I was in a MOOD. But then again, when I'm pregnant, when am I not in a mood? (It's sad, but kind of true. My poor husband.) I grabbed my keys, didn't even tell Declan where I was going, just said I needed some me time and left. I ended up (gasp! how did that happen?) at the nail salon getting a pedicure. Let it be known, a pedicure (at any time, but especially when very pregnant) is THE BEST attitude adjustment.
also? While I can bend over still--who really WANTS to at 36+wks pregnant?

-Up until last night I had NO big sister shirt for Emeline to wear when she met her baby sister in at the hospital. I know this may not seem like a big deal, but in my world? It was. An Etsy seller was going to make me one, then got too busy--but told me too late. Now it's really too late to order what I had in mind. But one of my friends, Lindsey is saving the day and she's graciously sending me an adorable Big Sis tee her daughter wore--and the fact that I'm not stressing over this anymore? Basically makes her my hero right now. Thank you, Lindsey :)

-I am FULL TERM this weekend.

Let me just let that soak in.

Nope, I can't. I'm in total denial. Holy moly.

A mom of two little girls....that's about to be me.

***

If you'll excuse me, I'm off to be poked and prodded at my OB appointment.

***

Happy Tuesday!

31 comments:

  1. Carters had cute t-shirts and onsies if you have a store near you. That is where I found Finn's Big Brother shirt and Tate's Little Sister onsie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching Emeline sing twinkle twinkle little star is the most precious thing! Maybe I'm just weird but I think that pregnancy is the most beautiful thing in the world. It's amazing that God gave us the ability to carry a child and it's such an amazing experience. (Even through the aches and pains ha) I'm sure you will look gorgeous on the beach, enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video, soooooo stinkin' adorable!!!!! her little voice kills me. I cannot believe you are full term and almost ready to meet baby girl number two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! You got a tee!!! woohoo!!!

    KP about freaked out and jumped out of her highchair to see the video of Eme! I'm certain they'd be friends IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really. Is there anything better than toddler videos?!?!?! I don't think so! She is precious! Love her little voice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, don't even fret about the bare belly or bathing suits, you look BEAUTIFUL!! I can only hope my pregnant belly looks that good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. For us, clinginess in Kirsten ALWAYS equaled teeth. I know Eme's a little older than K was when I was pregnant last summer, but she didn't get really clingy until AFTER Simon was born. :) The best thing I ever did was to make specific time for just her and I after I came home from the hospital. I took a day or two for her behavior to change (she started testing so much and saying no and just not being herself), but at that point I made a specific effort for JUST her and I to spend half an hour or so (as long as I could get away from a nursing newborn) to do something. Go to the park, go get groceries, grab a quick lunch to have at the park, etc. It made a WORLD of difference very quickly.

    I know that's not what you asked, but apparently I'm on a soapbox anyway. HAha, but you do look great and everyone at the beach will be saying, "Look at that CUTE pregnant girl!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're still so tiny! And I think the clinginess is normal...and may continue a little after the baby is born. But you all will adjust and it will be awesome! Hope you guys have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That video is just the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, full term! You have carried this pregnancy so well. Really, you look great. Hope today's doctor appointment goes well!

    Oh and you're so right, a pedicure can cure almost everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, I can't believe she's almost here! Those last few weeks are so weird... it feels like it goes by so slow and fast at the same time.

    Noah's birthday is the 6th! I think that'd be a great day to have her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How are you full term already?! You have just inspired me to spend the next few hours on etsy looking up big sister and little sister outfits for hospital photos....if my husband asks, I blame it on you : )!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My birthday is August 8th :) That said, I would never EVER wish a pregnant lady to go over her due date, so I'm just gonna go ahead and say that August 1st sounds like a great day to be born!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl if I could wear a suit when I was pregnant anyone can! You look so good!

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My second was about two more lbs than my first and it didn't feel any different and I tore less so don't worry about it! As long as she'll not 10 lbs you'll be fine (and there is no way she is!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man, your sweet girl and mine would have a GREAT time singing "twinkle twinkle" together. That's her favorite!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My doctor thought that my daughter would be around 7 lbs. He said he hadn't been wrong but a few times. Elisabeth came and? She was 8 lbs 15.5 oz. Thank GOD for epidurals. :) I'm sure your lil lady will be nice and itty bitty! Also, the moods during pregnancy were all me too! I'm suprised daddy is still around. Haha. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Video = absolute preciousness! I don't have another coming, but phoebe us just a clingy child, so I know how tiring it can be! Oh I'm also totally jealous you for to go get a pedi! I'm in desperate need of one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look amazing!! And I feel like your pregnancy has flown by!

    Kate was very clingy and cuddly those last few weeks of my pregnancy. I think they sense that their world is about to change.

    So glad I could help with the big ad shirt! It will be in the mail today!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't realize you were so close! You carry that baby well..so tiny! Love it. You look great.

    I'm guessing that's a little baby girl. Maybe 7lbs of adorable, tops. ;)

    Enjoy your family of 3! It only gets better from here...

    (p.s. My 35mm comes today!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for mood adjusting pedicures and that video is precious! Emeline is such a cutie! Hope you guys have fun on your getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loooove exposed bellies on pregnant women no matter her size. I think it does become a thinner woman more but only because the baby is more pronounced and that is in fact the beauty of pregnant women. But I love pregnant women in bikinis. In the USA baby bellies are such a private thing. I understand to a degree but really it is absolutely beautiful on every woman and something I think America should learn to appreciate more. I liked your last belly shots and this one too :)

    Shiloh was super fussy and clingy right before Tristan was born.... They're no fools :) they know somethings up. It was really cool of my mom to have the foresight to bring a special present for Shiloh when they came to visit. It helped him feel not so left out after the birth.

    Almost there!!! And 8 lbs babies aren't that bad. Babies are big compared to down there no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look absolutely fabulous! Enjoy this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't wait for her to get here!!!! You know I love the bare belly pics. Don't worry about being in a swimsuit! You are clearly pregnant. I would hate to be in that awkward is she isn't she stage in a swimsuit. Have a wonderful weekend. Maybe someone can help you pack? I HATE packing up all the kid crap!

    ReplyDelete
  25. \zeeek! Cannot believe how close oyu are getting. I bet your babe will be teeny tiny, but don't worry too much. Eva was 7lb10 and I had second degree tears and 8 stitches. Gwen was 8lbs4oz and nothing. I wasn't even sore the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are just so tiny!! I can't get over it. And you are so close. So, so close. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look so great! Love the singing, so cute! :) Yay for a big sis shirt, that was so sweet, and yay for your pedicure, I got one before each little was born! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such an ADORABLE little girl!!! Love this blog! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such an ADORABLE little girl!!! Love this blog! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I agree with Linds. My recovery with G (aside from the endless bleeding like with L) was way easier and he was almost two pounds bigger. I can't believe you could go any day now. Well, I mean, after you get back from vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loving your bare belly shot!! & go you for having some you time! Always coming back with a new attitude is the best!

    ReplyDelete